The Dizzle and Jimmy Jizzle's Thread o'Bruce

General music discussion.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: The Dizzle and Jimmy Jizzle's Thread o'Bruce

Post by matedog »

What's up with the forgotten "eye patch era" Clarence Clemons?

I assume it was just a dumb look, but maybe he legit had an issue given he seemed to wear it a few times.

*edit* that's a pretty interesting alternate universe Darkness on the Edge of Town.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Thoughts on Spruce Spanglemaker’s appearance on Curb? It was a pretty meh episode, imo, and I don’t blame him for that, but he didn’t seem very comfortable playing himself. Wooden.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 9:21am
Thoughts on Spruce Spanglemaker’s appearance on Curb? It was a pretty meh episode, imo, and I don’t blame him for that, but he didn’t seem very comfortable playing himself. Wooden.
Haven't seen it, but I wouldn't be surprised since he doesn't have any acting experience.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

matedog wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 11:38am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Haven't seen it, but I wouldn't be surprised since he doesn't have any acting experience.
Skimmed the episode yesterday. Maybe you reduced my expectations sufficiently, but I thought he was alright!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 2:24pm
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Skimmed the episode yesterday. Maybe you reduced my expectations sufficiently, but I thought he was alright!
He compares well with Lydon in Copkiller. :twitch:
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 2:32pm
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Just watched the trailer for that. Is it just Harvey Keitel yelling at and hitting Lydon?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 2:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 2:32pm
matedog wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Just watched the trailer for that. Is it just Harvey Keitel yelling at and hitting Lydon?
It's been decades since I watched it, but it's supposed to be a cat and mouse game between Keitel, a corrupt cop, and Lydon, a serial killer or crazy person pretending to be a serial killer (can't recall). Lydon is tied up at some point and held in Keitel's secret apartment. It's really fucking dull and Lydon is a piece of pine.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Anyways, back to the title of this thread, did Hoy ever end up fucking Bruce or what?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 3:06pm
Anyways, back to the title of this thread, did Hoy ever end up fucking Bruce or what?
It was his daughter that I was after. For my eugenics programs.

Also saw him last week for the 13th time. Great show but I skipped the Sunday show due to cost and his setlists being more stagnant this tour.
Attachments
IMG_0231.jpeg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 3:29pm
Also saw him last week for the 13th time. Great show but I skipped the Sunday show due to cost and his setlists being more stagnant this tour.
Zoom in on that crowd. A lot of people using AARP benefits there.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 3:42pm
I believe AARP had a presale opportunity for members, in fact (not joking)

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Yeah, most of the crowd was definitely 50-75 or so. American Bruce audiences have always been pretty lame, but time is certainly not helping the matter.

I'd kill to see a Spanish or Italian Bruce show. Those fans are nuts. This is over 20 years ago, but god damn, US crowds never rocked out the way they do in the first 15 seconds of this:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 3:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ouch. Reality ruins a lame joke.
matedog wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 3:46pm
Yeah, most of the crowd was definitely 50-75 or so. American Bruce audiences have always been pretty lame, but time is certainly not helping the matter.

I'd kill to see a Spanish or Italian Bruce show. Those fans are nuts. This is over 20 years ago, but god damn, US crowds never rocked out the way they do in the first 15 seconds of this:
Which raises a question: Who is more deserving of being Logan's Run-ned, rock musicians or rock audiences? I lean to the latter.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 4:00pm
Flex wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 3:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ouch. Reality ruins a lame joke.
matedog wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 3:46pm

Which raises a question: Who is more deserving of being Logan's Run-ned, rock musicians or rock audiences? I lean to the latter.
Oof, that's an interesting question.

Flex

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
It was his daughter that I was after. For my eugenics programs.
Ahh yes... those.
Hey, I've seen Bob 13 times too! We're past-their-sell-by-date-rock-star buddies!

Pex Lives!