Public Image Limited

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36958
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Marky Dread » 29 Mar 2017, 1:13am

muppet hi fi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:37am
Dunster wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:01am
muppet hi fi wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 11:04pm
Eurotards? That's a whole lot of people to be insulting.
You're either a jag off™ or a shithead. A subtle, but important difference.

After all, "Safe European Home" identifies the Clash's home in the UK as being squarely in Europe. But with alternate lyrics it could be fussy.
Yep Brexit or not I'm still in Europe.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4689
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by muppet hi fi » 29 Mar 2017, 1:30am

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 1:13am
muppet hi fi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:37am
Dunster wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:01am
muppet hi fi wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 11:04pm
Eurotards? That's a whole lot of people to be insulting.
You're either a jag off™ or a shithead. A subtle, but important difference.

After all, "Safe European Home" identifies the Clash's home in the UK as being squarely in Europe. But with alternate lyrics it could be fussy.
Yep Brexit or not I'm still in Europe.
So are you a Eurotard, a European, a Limey, a Pommy, or what? Identify yourself, Marky!
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13370
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Silent Majority » 29 Mar 2017, 1:32am

Dunster wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 10:13pm
You guys have watched Willy Wanker and the Jeremy Corbyn's Chocolate Factory too much. I don't understand why you Brits want to be governed by the Eurotards.

Explain me this.
Try again, see if you can make your point.
Not teargas nor baton charge
That stops you taking the city


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dunster
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 82
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:06pm
Location: Garageland

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Dunster » 29 Mar 2017, 1:35am

Silent Majority wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 1:32am
Try again, see if you can make your point.
I'm gonna have to scrape the trouble off my boots with a pointed stick. :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36958
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Marky Dread » 29 Mar 2017, 8:13am

muppet hi fi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 1:30am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 1:13am
muppet hi fi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:37am
Dunster wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:01am
muppet hi fi wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 11:04pm
Eurotards? That's a whole lot of people to be insulting.
You're either a jag off™ or a shithead. A subtle, but important difference.

After all, "Safe European Home" identifies the Clash's home in the UK as being squarely in Europe. But with alternate lyrics it could be fussy.
Yep Brexit or not I'm still in Europe.
So are you a Eurotard, a European, a Limey, a Pommy, or what? Identify yourself, Marky!
I wanna be me.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5197
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Mimi » 29 Mar 2017, 8:39am

Never mind.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13370
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Silent Majority » 29 Mar 2017, 9:23am

Mimi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 8:39am
Never mind.
The Metal Box?
Not teargas nor baton charge
That stops you taking the city


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5197
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Mimi » 29 Mar 2017, 12:36pm

Silent Majority wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 9:23am
Mimi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 8:39am
Never mind.
The Metal Box?
Just a moment of stupid.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14971
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Rat Patrol » 29 Mar 2017, 12:54pm

Mimi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 9:23am
Mimi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 8:39am
Never mind.
The Metal Box?
Just a moment of stupid.
TIWYWTIWYG? :shifty:
Image

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5197
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Mimi » 29 Mar 2017, 12:57pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:54pm
Mimi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 9:23am
Mimi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 8:39am
Never mind.
The Metal Box?
Just a moment of stupid.
TIWYWTIWYG? :shifty:
IDKWTM.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36958
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Marky Dread » 29 Mar 2017, 1:46pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:54pm
Mimi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 12:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 9:23am
Mimi wrote:
29 Mar 2017, 8:39am
Never mind.
The Metal Box?
Just a moment of stupid.
TIWYWTIWYG? :shifty:
I'll tie you to the length of that. ;)
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25789
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Flex » 23 May 2017, 10:20pm

Digging through my record collection and decided to spin my copy of the One Drop EP. Holy shit, I'd forgotten how much I love this song:

"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13370
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Silent Majority » 24 May 2017, 5:08am

Flex wrote:
23 May 2017, 10:20pm
Digging through my record collection and decided to spin my copy of the One Drop EP. Holy shit, I'd forgotten how much I love this song:

Love that track.
Not teargas nor baton charge
That stops you taking the city


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74792
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Dr. Medulla » 01 Jun 2017, 6:33pm



Related: On the same day (well, probably a few days after before I could pick it up) I was seriously underwhelmed by a PiL studio album for the first time.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by Wolter » 01 Jun 2017, 6:51pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jun 2017, 6:33pm


Related: On the same day (well, probably a few days after before I could pick it up) I was seriously underwhelmed by a PiL studio album for the first time.
:lol:
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests