What should I be listening to right now?

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: What should I be listening to right now?

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 2:44pm
Yes mate, I make Reading a Rock n' Roll town, got a lot of music history, lotta Young people going to the Uni there, its got a buzz about it, people need to Chill after all that Rock n' Roll, as an alternative here's a couple of Adrian Sherwood and Lee Scratch Perry tracks from a hard to find CD called DUBSETTER, Lovely Reggae/Dub

Adrain Sherwwod has made some very cool dubbed out projects over the years.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Flex wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 8:16pm
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (1977)

sorry not sorry
Classic, I managed to pick up the 3 disc remaster at a reasonable price a couple of years ago, it sounds sumptous/Gorgeous, I really like the Peter Green era too, shame he had that bad trip experience, went the same way as Syd Barrett, all that lost potential
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Its a Beautiful Sunny morning here in Cornwall, the Shire of St Austell to be more precise, if you like laid back summery sounds you could do a lot worse that listening to SATTA By BOOZOO BAJOU Lovely stuff.

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Don't Stop thinking about tomorrow, don't Stop it'll soon be here....wise advice and a timely reminder that The Mighty Mixmaster Morris in his guise as the Irresistible Force, on Nija Tune and from the CD IT'S TOMORROW ALREADY Comes IT'S TOMORROW ALREADY by THE IRRESISTIBLE FORCE, I feel it could be an ambient masterpiece, really nice to lay down to, the whole album.

Can You see what I did there? :idea:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
24 Jun 2018, 6:39am
Don't Stop thinking about tomorrow, don't Stop it'll soon be here....wise advice and a timely reminder that The Mighty Mixmaster Morris in his guise as the Irresistible Force, on Nija Tune and from the CD IT'S TOMORROW ALREADY Comes IT'S TOMORROW ALREADY by THE IRRESISTIBLE FORCE, I feel it could be an ambient masterpiece, really nice to lay down to, the whole album.

Can You see what I did there? :idea:
Way too clever for me. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Thank you MD, love your knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for what you do.
As much as I love ambient music its great to look back to your roots, late seventies punk hit about 76' there were a few bands that were doing different things, a foot in the past with an eye on the future, one of these bands was Ultravox!, note the exclaimation mark because it differentiates from Ultravox the band, Ultravox! Were fronted by John Foxx, they released three albums, two albums in 77' and one in 78', the difference between the two incarnations of the band is like listening to Biffy Clyro performing Many a Horror and Matt Cardle doing the same song ..ULTRAVOX! all the way for me, here are three tracks, YOUNG SAVAGE 7" single from 77' not on any album but added as extra on Remaster, HIROSHIMA MON AMOUR from HA! HA! HA! released 77', wonder if you can hear OMD Enola Gay influence in that one?, maybe not, and from their SYSTEMS OF ROMANCE album comes QUIET MEN from 78'

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

From 66' have this on a Chess Records compilation, I think this is the best version, if you like Blues music there is a terrific film called Cadillac Records, it has some contemporary musicians playing historical musicians, Mos def playing Chuck Berry, Beyonce playing Etta James, you will not be dissapointed, Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf, Little Walter all represented and the entire cast are great, this is KOKO TAYLOR - WANG DANG DOODLE

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Its Summer, Lets GO!,
A coupla tunes from Americana, THE DEL LORDS with their Pean to Love Gone Bad and Class A Drugs JUDAS KISS, also a solo effort from ERIC AMBEL with a similar feel, TOTAL DESTRUCTION TO YOUR MIND, both Great to drive to, saw them in thee 80's in London, saw The Georgia Satellites at the Town & Country club in the evening and when they finished took a drive into London to watch these boys in a club for the 12.00 matinee, who should turn up but the Satellites to guest on a few numbers, the eggs on top ;)
NB.Eric Ambel was in The Del Lords too.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 5:30am
Thank you MD, love your knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for what you do.
As much as I love ambient music its great to look back to your roots, late seventies punk hit about 76' there were a few bands that were doing different things, a foot in the past with an eye on the future, one of these bands was Ultravox!, note the exclaimation mark because it differentiates from Ultravox the band, Ultravox! Were fronted by John Foxx, they released three albums, two albums in 77' and one in 78', the difference between the two incarnations of the band is like listening to Biffy Clyro performing Many a Horror and Matt Cardle doing the same song ..ULTRAVOX! all the way for me, here are three tracks, YOUNG SAVAGE 7" single from 77' not on any album but added as extra on Remaster, HIROSHIMA MON AMOUR from HA! HA! HA! released 77', wonder if you can hear OMD Enola Gay influence in that one?, maybe not, and from their SYSTEMS OF ROMANCE album comes QUIET MEN from 78'

I love early Ultavox! (big fan). I bought all the remasters a couple of years back. I see there is a neat little box set with a couple of additional tracks not on the first round of remasters. Great band and "Sat'day Night in the City of the Dead" is a classic!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

tempted too buddy, will have to see if its worth it, the Remasters will have to do for now tho, cheers
They weren't the same after Foxx left :meh:

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Although the albums themselves don't have any extras the 4th disc looks appetizing ;)

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

muppet hi fi wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 8:25pm
Flex wrote:

sorry not sorry
It's a great album.

I must admit, about 20 years ago I was in a record store, grabbed a used CD copy, and when I went to the counter to pay, I got self conscious and put it back, as I didn't want to seem un-cool (fuck knows what my other purchase's were: prolly something cool). But I am a reformed man now: a proud, dyed-in-the-wool SRP.
I hate that I'm still like this. I don't know if it's internalized misogyny or what, but record store guys still really intimidate me (and I am almost 50, FFS). Rumours is an incredible album, but I know that if I were to buy it at my local record store, i'd have to get something from Wire to go with it. I hate this about myself.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:05am
Although the albums themselves don't have any extras the 4th disc looks appetizing ;)
Yeah just not sure it's worth the extra bucks after buying the other remasters. But hey you never know. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:22am
muppet hi fi wrote:
Flex wrote:

sorry not sorry
It's a great album.

I must admit, about 20 years ago I was in a record store, grabbed a used CD copy, and when I went to the counter to pay, I got self conscious and put it back, as I didn't want to seem un-cool (fuck knows what my other purchase's were: prolly something cool). But I am a reformed man now: a proud, dyed-in-the-wool SRP.
I hate that I'm still like this. I don't know if it's internalized misogyny or what, but record store guys still really intimidate me (and I am almost 50, FFS). Rumours is an incredible album, but I know that if I were to buy it at my local record store, i'd have to get something from Wire to go with it. I hate this about myself.
Hey listen to Rumours and the Wire CD will make a nice coaster for you to stand your glass of wine on. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:24am
JennyB wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:22am
muppet hi fi wrote:
Flex wrote:

sorry not sorry
It's a great album.

Hey listen to Rumours and the Wire CD will make a nice coaster for you to stand your glass of wine on. :mrgreen:
Ooooh. Doc is going to KILL you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy