What should I be listening to right now?

General music discussion.
hairydot61
Junco Partner

Re: What should I be listening to right now?

Post by hairydot61 »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 12:55pm
Heston wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 11:41am
hairydot61 wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 9:43am
Heston wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 2:58am
hairydot61 wrote:
27 Jun 2018, 7:01am
The Germans might label this Zeitgeist, its the now, emcompassing what is going on in the moment, the stuff that they skim in the news, proletariat observations from the streets and from the buses that drive down them, colloquial to the UK, but equally could be anywhere, possibly even Mexicans building a wall, self financed of course, .....Jason Williamson is an Urban Poet, like an Industrial Shaun Ryder backed by Sheep on Drugs with the one fingered keyboard player as opposed to the one armed boxer, gritty, brutal and funny, this one carries an '18'

SLEAFORD MODS - TIED UP IN NOTTZ
I really dig them, they were quality when I saw them live last year. Jason is an absolute tour de force on stage. Not the type of band whose albums I'd sit and listen to but I love watching them perform.
I will make an effort to see them live, the lyrics and performance for me paints vivid pictures of city Life, and life on the breadline, I couldn't live in those conditions because I'm a soft southerner but if you don't know how other people live the Seaford Mods tell you in entertaining style....Jason, ...Jason......Leave it! ;)
...whats the name of the band you play in Heston?
I've lived in those conditions because I'm an uncouth Northerner, though I do use words like "curated." ;)

My band's called The Panic Report.
I'm from the fucking south and trust me there are plenty of cunts here that fight just above the fucking breadline. Jobs maybe easier to fucking find down here but you try buying a fucking house here. Fuck fuck fuck shit cunt fuck.

Ooh look a southerner rich fucker. Owns his own doorstep the two bob cunt. Curate that! :mrgreen:
I sent the above text to a panel of experts although they had other assesment jobs on they said they'd make it a priority, the results are just in, ....Expert one, we looked at the piece as a whole it mentions houses, food and Jobs, it also mentions fighting, now depending on which location you are in the tags 'Working class' (UK) or 'Blue Collar' (USA) can be applied here, there are a number of indecernable words that appear blunt in tone, these have been used in the past to emphasize or put emphasis on a piece of communication to draw attention to the fact that the orator "means it man" (from the archives), ...we carbon dated the material we were given and as it was such a small amount we are not sure if the result is correct, the data returned a date of 28 June 2018, we correlated some more information of what was happening in that timeline period and saw that there was a sporting event later in the evening, our experts concluded that the communication in the vernacular was probably caused by a phenomeon called Pre Match Tension ( PMT), Paracetamol may have helped.
Our second expert studied the text with a powerful electronic microscope, they looked for any weaknessess or preferences that could be exploited through actually mining the 'thing' but they found it sooooo Dense that it broke three of their best machines probing it, our expert who did the research Cambridge Analytica said they couldn't work with it because "No one is buying that shit these days anyway" and promptly filed for bankruptcy, they also passed on it. They did ask one of their associates to have a look at it, a Mr Mark Zucherburg, he got himself a larger cushion, puffed himself up to a more formidable obelisk, he looked at the text and then stared at the camera and said "Theres nothing wrong with it" and apologied anyway.
Our third expert a Mr Lee 'Scratch' Perry said it should have been burned with the Black Ark, after some herbal tea and wafting some singed Chicken feathers about he said  "It mos definitely need a remix, now be gone before I Curate your skinny white Arse" in rich Jamican patois.
ROBERT EARL KEEN - THE LITTLE THINGS

You knows it!.

Now, If you ever wondered why Adrian Sherwood has trouble getting a distrubution deal then wonder no more, the first 30 seconds of this song will explain everything, I laugh everytime I hear it, funky and Industrial too
STRANGE PARCELS - DISCONNECTION
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 6:26am
Marky Dread wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 12:55pm
Heston wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 11:41am
hairydot61 wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 9:43am
Heston wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 2:58am

I really dig them, they were quality when I saw them live last year. Jason is an absolute tour de force on stage. Not the type of band whose albums I'd sit and listen to but I love watching them perform.
I will make an effort to see them live, the lyrics and performance for me paints vivid pictures of city Life, and life on the breadline, I couldn't live in those conditions because I'm a soft southerner but if you don't know how other people live the Seaford Mods tell you in entertaining style....Jason, ...Jason......Leave it! ;)
...whats the name of the band you play in Heston?
I've lived in those conditions because I'm an uncouth Northerner, though I do use words like "curated." ;)

My band's called The Panic Report.
I'm from the fucking south and trust me there are plenty of cunts here that fight just above the fucking breadline. Jobs maybe easier to fucking find down here but you try buying a fucking house here. Fuck fuck fuck shit cunt fuck.

Ooh look a southerner rich fucker. Owns his own doorstep the two bob cunt. Curate that! :mrgreen:
I sent the above text to a panel of experts although they had other assesment jobs on they said they'd make it a priority, the results are just in, ....Expert one, we looked at the piece as a whole it mentions houses, food and Jobs, it also mentions fighting, now depending on which location you are in the tags 'Working class' (UK) or 'Blue Collar' (USA) can be applied here, there are a number of indecernable words that appear blunt in tone, these have been used in the past to emphasize or put emphasis on a piece of communication to draw attention to the fact that the orator "means it man" (from the archives), ...we carbon dated the material we were given and as it was such a small amount we are not sure if the result is correct, the data returned a date of 28 June 2018, we correlated some more information of what was happening in that timeline period and saw that there was a sporting event later in the evening, our experts concluded that the communication in the vernacular was probably caused by a phenomeon called Pre Match Tension ( PMT), Paracetamol may have helped.
Our second expert studied the text with a powerful electronic microscope, they looked for any weaknessess or preferences that could be exploited through actually mining the 'thing' but they found it sooooo Dense that it broke three of their best machines probing it, our expert who did the research Cambridge Analytica said they couldn't work with it because "No one is buying that shit these days anyway" and promptly filed for bankruptcy, they also passed on it. They did ask one of their associates to have a look at it, a Mr Mark Zucherburg, he got himself a larger cushion, puffed himself up to a more formidable obelisk, he looked at the text and then stared at the camera and said "Theres nothing wrong with it" and apologied anyway.
Our third expert a Mr Lee 'Scratch' Perry said it should have been burned with the Black Ark, after some herbal tea and wafting some singed Chicken feathers about he said  "It mos definitely need a remix, now be gone before I Curate your skinny white Arse" in rich Jamican patois.
ROBERT EARL KEEN - THE LITTLE THINGS

You knows it!.

Now, If you ever wondered why Adrian Sherwood has trouble getting a distrubution deal then wonder no more, the first 30 seconds of this song will explain everything, I laugh everytime I hear it, funky and Industrial too
STRANGE PARCELS - DISCONNECTION
I was visiting Pearl at her Cafe and she told me it was "all a load of bollocks.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

[/quote]

I was visiting Pearl at her Cafe and she told me it was "all a load of bollocks.

[/quote]

Did I detect a wheezy Mutley snicker?,
Sidling out from Pearls cafe and into the Hot town summer in the city Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty, Been down, isn't it a pity Doesn't seen to be a shadow in the city All around me people looking half dead Choking on the sidewalk, mainly because Pearl doesn't do any gluten free food and until she does I won't go back there although it was a nice atmosphere and appeared on 'More specials' and not the self titled debut (as Illustrated) we won't mention fake news, thats possibly another thread,... we get on our Vespa and Hit The North, its a long old slog from the South west but The Sleaford Mods open Kens Kitchen and gluten free is on the menu, I hope they have a music
license as the local authority may take a dim view of it, The Sleaford Mods would probably not give a fuck though because they are from middle England and Fearless, the second track here is fake news but more vitriolic, Total Control Racing video could only be topped with an appearance from Lewis Hamilton re-enacting the scene from A Clockwork Orange where Alex is strapped in the chair, they are holding his eyes open with small metal retainers, instead of playing Beethoven they will be showing reruns of Grand Prix races on repeat, going round and round like some habitual voyuer in what is known as Carbon Emissions for the fun of it!, and when they finish with him he'll have Alex syndrome and won't want to race again,...ever.
SLEAFORD MODS -MOPTOP

SLEAFORD MODS - JOHNNY USED TO WORK ON THE DOCKS

SLEAFORD MODS -TCR

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 1:26pm

[/quote]

Sidling out from Pearls cafe and into the Hot town summer in the city Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty, Been down, isn't it a pity Doesn't seen to be a shadow in the city All around me people looking half dead Choking on the sidewalk, mainly because Pearl doesn't do any gluten free food and until she does I won't go back there although it was a nice atmosphere and appeared on 'More specials' and not the self titled debut (as Illustrated) we won't mention fake news, thats possibly another thread,... we get on our Vespa and Hit The North, its a long old slog from the South west but The Sleaford Mods open Kens Kitchen and gluten free is on the menu, I hope they have a music
license as the local authority may take a dim view of it, The Sleaford Mods would probably not give a fuck though because they are from middle England and Fearless, the second track here is fake news but more vitriolic, Total Control Racing video could only be topped with an appearance from Lewis Hamilton re-enacting the scene from A Clockwork Orange where Alex is strapped in the chair, they are holding his eyes open with small metal retainers, instead of playing Beethoven they will be showing reruns of Grand Prix races on repeat, going round and round like some habitual voyuer in what is known as Carbon Emissions for the fun of it!, and when they finish with him he'll have Alex syndrome and won't want to race again,...ever.
SLEAFORD MODS -MOPTOP

SLEAFORD MODS -TCR

[/quote]

Although my avatar is a pretty decent portrayal of my piss-taking behaviour and then sniggering about it. No it's a reminder of an old friend who killed himself a couple of years ago. He (Lee) nicknamed Mutley became a heroin addict and overdosed while staying in a room above one of our local pubs here in Reading. Lee was a couple of years younger than me and I looked out for him at school from his first day when he was real nervous. I grabbed him and said he could sit at the back of the school bus with me and if anyone gave him any grief I would sort them out. He was a real good kid and I was very saddened by his death, such a waste.

So everytime I come here and see my avatar it makes me think of Lee.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 1:41pm
hairydot61 wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 1:26pm

SLEAFORD MODS -MOPTOP

SLEAFORD MODS -TCR

[/quote]

Although my avatar is a pretty decent portrayal of my piss-taking behaviour and then sniggering about it. No it's a reminder of an old friend who killed himself a couple of years ago. He (Lee) nicknamed Mutley became a heroin addict and overdosed while staying in a room above one of our local pubs here in Reading. Lee was a couple of years younger than me and I looked out for him at school from his first day when he was real nervous. I grabbed him and said he could sit at the back of the school bus with me and if anyone gave him any grief I would sort them out. He was a real good kid and I was very saddened by his death, such a waste.

So everytime I come here and see my avatar it makes me think of Lee.
[/quote]

It is an apt Avatar from the posts and not give a fuck attitude, really sorry to hear about your good friend, it is sad and obviously personal to you, thats why there needs to be more education and information on all drugs, have stated elsewhere that you take your chances with black market drugs, but if you have proper information and support it cuts down the chances of tragedies like your friend Lee, you are obviously a caring person, I sometimes hear November Rain by Guns and Roses and ditto mate, you never forget good friends.
But, we all know life goes on.

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

SOUNDGARDEN - HANDS ALL OVER

Lest we forget Cornell too

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

LOW FI & LOW KEY
JOE STRUMMER & JOOLS HOLLAND ORCHESTRA

Did I mention I saw Squeeze at Woolwich Polytechnic November 78,' Life affirming and pre major Record Label.
I remember wearing a Donkey Jacket, ha ha, they were fantastic.

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Theres nothing that links these tracks, just great music, but for me there seems to be something unique about them, Jesus Jones & Gary Clail like their sampling technology, Black Strobe although playing a Blues cover sound like they could have used some tecnology, its got a strict tuetonic timing, I think Bo Diddley wrote it.
JESUS JONES - BROKEN BONES

GARY CLAIL - THE MONK TRACK
Food, Clothes & Shelter pt2 On The Version

BLACK STROBE - I'M A MAN

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

This is a really nice Summer Sound
THE LAFAYETTE AFRO ROCK BAND - DARKEST LIGHT

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Moving on and into the not too distant future, instruments change, tempos change and attitudes have changed, this little selection gives you value for money because they are all full sets, the warm and fuzzy warbles of JAN JELINEK who has put together an album of older jazz tinged samples but transends its origin, next up is MONOLAKE - digital clicks and padded washes (strokes beard), this reminds me of a Metropolis, tall buildings and buzzing neighbourhoods, I moved out 16 years ago, GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS is a band name for Tom Middleton and Mark Pritchard,and PENTAMEROUS METAMORPHOSIS is an entire remix of a band called Chapterhouse and an album called blood music, there is little in the remix that sound like blood music but the limited release is sought after at high prices, the original tracks had uncleared Star Wars samples and Mr Lucas frowned, ...there is little or no vocals in all three so if you're DIYing, Studying or just cuddled up to, well, anything you'll be fine.
JAN JELINEK - LOOP FINDING JAZZ RECORDS

MONOLAKE - CINEMASCOPE

GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS -PENTAMEROUS METAMORPHOSIS

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Decades of Sound, many people have covered it but Johnny Allen for me makes it his own, must be the squeezebox, Tamikrest, Desert Blues very much like Tinariwen but a bit mo' Keefy, Fatima Mansions ode to foreign Dictators.
JOHNNY ALLEN - THE PROMISED LAND

TAMIKREST - TISNANT AN CHATMA

FATIMA MANSIONS - BLUES FOR CEAUSESCU

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

hairydot61 wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 4:56pm
Decades of Sound, many people have covered it but Johnny Allen for me makes it his own, must be the squeezebox, Tamikrest, Desert Blues very much like Tinariwen but a bit mo' Keefy, Fatima Mansions ode to foreign Dictators.
JOHNNY ALLEN - THE PROMISED LAND

TAMIKREST - TISNANT AN CHATMA

FATIMA MANSIONS - BLUES FOR CEAUSESCU
Always dug that Fatima Mansion track.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

It is mos definitely played with venom and a great track. :mrgreen:
William Orbit is well estabished as a solo electronic composer, he's also produced for some big names, in the very late 80s early 90s he had a band Bassomatic, the couple of albums that they released were dance orientated and sample laiden, Fascinating Rhythm is more immediate, Set the controls is a builder, I think you might hear a Kraftwerk influence in some of the melodies, Underworld & Iggy pop together! I do like a collaboration, a topical theme emerges as the track unfolds, how times have changed.
BASSOMATIC - FASCINATING RHTYHM

BASSOMATIC
SET THE CONTROLS TO THE HEART OF THE BASS

UNDERWORLD & IGGY POP
BELLS & CIRCLES

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

I was surpised to see on the printed cover of the LaTour CD that this track came from that they thanked The Screaming Blue Messiahs, nice.
Next Cracker with a great chugging slice of pop rock and Teen Angst (What the world needs now), great lyrics, I purposely left Ministry to last because, Well, basically most tracks might have trouble following it (imho), when old school guitars and cutting edge technology come together with a Gibby Haynes sometimes incomprehesible vocal, well, judge for yourself.

LA TOUR - ALLENS GOT A NEW HI FI

CRACKER - TEEN ANGST - w.t.w.n.n

MINISTRY - JESUS BUILT MY HOT ROD

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

hairydot61 wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 2:17am
I was surpised to see on the printed cover of the LaTour CD that this track came from that they thanked The Screaming Blue Messiahs, nice.
Next Cracker with a great chugging slice of pop rock and Teen Angst (What the world needs now), great lyrics, I purposely left Ministry to last because, Well, basically most tracks might have trouble following it (imho), when old school guitars and cutting edge technology come together with a Gibby Haynes sometimes incomprehesible vocal, well, judge for yourself.

LA TOUR - ALLENS GOT A NEW HI FI

CRACKER - TEEN ANGST - w.t.w.n.n

MINISTRY - JESUS BUILT MY HOT ROD
Ministry were easily one of the brightest acts in the 90s.