What should I be listening to right now?

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: What should I be listening to right now?

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:25am
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:24am
JennyB wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:22am
muppet hi fi wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 8:25pm
Flex wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 8:16pm
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (1977)

sorry not sorry
It's a great album.

I must admit, about 20 years ago I was in a record store, grabbed a used CD copy, and when I went to the counter to pay, I got self conscious and put it back, as I didn't want to seem un-cool (fuck knows what my other purchase's were: prolly something cool). But I am a reformed man now: a proud, dyed-in-the-wool SRP.
I hate that I'm still like this. I don't know if it's internalized misogyny or what, but record store guys still really intimidate me (and I am almost 50, FFS). Rumours is an incredible album, but I know that if I were to buy it at my local record store, i'd have to get something from Wire to go with it. I hate this about myself.
Hey listen to Rumours and the Wire CD will make a nice coaster for you to stand your glass of wine on. :mrgreen:
Ooooh. Doc is going to KILL you.
Maybe you have a cracked case on one of your fine Depeche Mode CD's that needs replacing. So put that Wire case to good use and you've still got a free frisbee.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:55am
JennyB wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:25am
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 9:24am
JennyB wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:

It's a great album.

I must admit, about 20 years ago I was in a record store, grabbed a used CD copy, and when I went to the counter to pay, I got self conscious and put it back, as I didn't want to seem un-cool (fuck knows what my other purchase's were: prolly something cool). But I am a reformed man now: a proud, dyed-in-the-wool SRP.
I hate that I'm still like this. I don't know if it's internalized misogyny or what, but record store guys still really intimidate me (and I am almost 50, FFS). Rumours is an incredible album, but I know that if I were to buy it at my local record store, i'd have to get something from Wire to go with it. I hate this about myself.
Hey listen to Rumours and the Wire CD will make a nice coaster for you to stand your glass of wine on. :mrgreen:
Ooooh. Doc is going to KILL you.
Maybe you have a cracked case on one of your fine Depeche Mode CD's that needs replacing. So put that Wire case to good use and you've still got a free frisbee.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Rumours owns bones and the Buckingham songs on Tusk make a secret sold solo debut.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Wolter wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 11:20am
Rumours owns bones and the Buckingham songs on Tusk make a secret sold solo debut.

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Hello,
But seriously, esoteric as that was I probably only fathomed a quarter of your post, unless sold should read solid, if you catch my drift, Yeah Lyndsey Buckingham major talent, they certainly went to another level when Buckingham & Nicks joined
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

JennyB wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Flex wrote:

sorry not sorry
It's a great album.

Yeah and they're all dudes too! Seriously, is there like a course these guys have to take and pass so they can all be Jack Black in 'High Fidelity'?

Jenny, you'll love this: so an old girlfriend was a goth-y chick - loved all that stuff, Bowie, Depeche Mode ;), really, really wanted to be a hipster. Her sister played in a then-hip band, Polara, and worked at a hip record store (the Electric Fetus). So one day me and Lisa were in the Fetus, shopped around, and went to check out. We say hi to her sis, Jennifer, and I present my purchases: not one but two Bruce Fucking Springsteen DVDs! :mrgreen: When we got outside Lisa was absolutely furious with me. For real, too! "Why -why- couldn't you have bought something else? Just this one time!" I was laughing really hard until I realized that she was actually truly upset!
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

muppet hi fi wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 1:18pm
JennyB wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Flex wrote:

sorry not sorry
It's a great album.

Yeah and they're all dudes too! Seriously, is there like a course these guys have to take and pass so they can all be Jack Black in 'High Fidelity'?

Jenny, you'll love this: so an old girlfriend was a goth-y chick - loved all that stuff, Bowie, Depeche Mode ;), really, really wanted to be a hipster. Her sister played in a then-hip band, Polara, and worked at a hip record store (the Electric Fetus). So one day me and Lisa were in the Fetus, shopped around, and went to check out. We say hi to her sis, Jennifer, and I present my purchases: not one but two Bruce Fucking Springsteen DVDs! :mrgreen: When we got outside Lisa was absolutely furious with me. For real, too! "Why -why- couldn't you have bought something else? Just this one time!" I was laughing really hard until I realized that she was actually truly upset!
That's mean, but funny. :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

JennyB wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 2:23pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Flex wrote:

sorry not sorry
It's a great album.

Shit, I didn't do it on purpose, I just wanted the dang things! (and here's a pretty well kept secret: Bruuuce has almost always been hip with the punk/alt/indie crowd snobs. They just don't like to admit it cause, ya know, they saw some videos of him with muscles and stuff... ;) ).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

muppet hi fi wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 2:39pm
JennyB wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:

It's a great album.

Shit, I didn't do it on purpose, I just wanted the dang things! (and here's a pretty well kept secret: Bruuuce has almost always been hip with the punk/alt/indie crowd snobs. They just don't like to admit it cause, ya know, they saw some videos of him with muscles and stuff... ;) ).
No Bruce just kind of sucks. I probably hate his delivery most of all. But yeah I know I hate everything.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

revbob wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 3:07pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 2:39pm
JennyB wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
JennyB wrote:

No Bruce just kind of sucks. I probably hate his delivery most of all. But yeah I know I hate everything.
I feel a challenge in the offing... ;)

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

JennyB wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Flex wrote:

sorry not sorry
It's a great album.

Thats a shame,
I think I could possibly help you overcome that barrier you have, but, I charge $25 an hour, it goes like this, you find a place you feel comfortable in, you have your glass of wine with a wire CD coaster (if you wish), we start the therapy, you are still comfortable in your chair, I leave the therapy room and walk to your local record store, I purchase Fleetwood Macs Rumours on CD or vinyl (Your choice), I diss the male record assistant because he is obviously a dick (you write the diss down for me to diss him with, thats an extra $50), I return to the therapy room and hand you your purchase, it's taken me 4 hours and you owe me $250, I don't buy anything by Wire while I'm there, I actually buy COBRA STYLE by TEDDYBEARS because its not the Robyn version, BOOM! :mrgreen:

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

You might wanna move the furinture out the way for this one, THAT PETROL EMOTION - HEY VENUS (Remix)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

muppet hi fi wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 3:25pm
revbob wrote:
I was very much alive in the 80s early 90s, and lived in the NY/NJ area for the first 20+ years of my life I've heard more than my fair share of Springsteen especially for a non-fan.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
muppet hi fi wrote:
Flex wrote:

sorry not sorry
It's a great album.

It features heavily in The Americans maybe it is your subconscious.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

revbob wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 3:40pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
revbob wrote:
I was very much alive in the 80s early 90s, and lived in the NY/NJ area for the first 20+ years of my life I've heard more than my fair share of Springsteen especially for a non-fan.
OK. I would have used lesser known things, probably mostly unreleased stuff, anyway. Heavy guitar oriented, deep heart-of-darkness themes, all that fun stuff we like.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

muppet hi fi wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 3:49pm
revbob wrote:
25 Jun 2018, 3:40pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
revbob wrote:
OK. I would have used lesser known things, probably mostly unreleased stuff, anyway. Heavy guitar oriented, deep heart-of-darkness themes, all that fun stuff we like.
Tell you what, I'll submit. Its an uphill battle though.