Oasis set to split?

General music discussion.
CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Re: Oasis set to split?

Post by CorwoodRep »

Marky Dread wrote:
Billy Joel wrote:I didn't know about that Clapton thing. That's hilarious. What a goddamned idiot.
Not sure hilarious is the word I would use to describe a man who made a whole career out of covering american R&B music with the Yardbirds etc. only to say such a shte comment later in his career. He is king shit of turd mountain.
I think it's funny for exactly this reason. I mean, it takes a certain level of cartoon-level hypocrisy and douchebaggery to undermine the very people responsible for your entire career. It's like a guitarist saying he wishes guitars don't exist or something. I can't even wrap my head around it.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
eumaas wrote: "Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. Wogs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some fucking wog...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the fucking foreigners and wogs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You fucking (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans and fucking (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want fucking wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white! "
this next track is called "Boom Boom" thanks...
A bit late, but good one, Marky.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston »

I know I've bumped an old thread, but I didn't think they deserved a new one.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

eumaas wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Billy Joel wrote:I didn't know about that Clapton thing. That's hilarious. What a goddamned idiot.
Not sure hilarious is the word I would use to describe a man who made a whole career out of covering american R&B music with the Yardbirds etc. only to say such a shte comment later in his career. He is king shit of turd mountain.
Yeah. The man is despicable. At least Morrissey's music is white as paper.
Morrisey is not in the same league and has shown his support for "Hate Racism Love Music". Morrisey is nothing more than a stupid flirt, sure it's dangerous if it impresses the wrong person. But Enoch Powell...really. Why not just support Oswald Mosely or Adolf Hitler.....Clapton is a tosser.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Maybe Morrissey, with an adolescence spent reading glossy fanzines equipping him with a better cultural understanding of celebrity than Clapton, is better at masking his xenophobia and doing damage control.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Silent Majority wrote:Maybe Morrissey, with an adolescence spent reading glossy fanzines equipping him with a better cultural understanding of celebrity than Clapton, is better at masking his xenophobia and doing damage control.
At least Clapton could blame drugs. Morrisey said something like, "the Chinese are sub-human." That's pretty egregious, even in context.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:Maybe Morrissey, with an adolescence spent reading glossy fanzines equipping him with a better cultural understanding of celebrity than Clapton, is better at masking his xenophobia and doing damage control.
At least Clapton could blame drugs. Morrisey said something like, "the Chinese are sub-human." That's pretty egregious, even in context.
Yes it is, I'm not defending his stupidity for saying outrageous things but I wouldn't put him in the same camp as a drunken Clapton. The qoute from the bottom of my posts are from Morrissey.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
He was speaking as a vegetarian on the abuse of animals, dogs etc. Yes what he said was very offensive but I suppose he wanted people to know how strong he felt about the subject. It doesn't make it right and I don't agree with him either but as a dog owner I understand the anger.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

By the way someone should tell Liam his career is over.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
He was speaking as a vegetarian on the abuse of animals, dogs etc. Yes what he said was very offensive but I suppose he wanted people to know how strong he felt about the subject. It doesn't make it right and I don't agree with him either but as a dog owner I understand the anger.
I agree with this post. And the fact that Clapton has built his entire career on the backs of people he obviously disdains makes it much worse.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:By the way someone should tell Liam his career is over.
Well, until the reunion at least.

When Oasis, at some big stadium gig or another, were supported by the Bootleg Beatle, Liam, under the influence of something, spent the whole evening backstage chatting with the Lennon impersonator, calling him 'John.' I quite like that loss of a grip on reality.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
Well, until the reunion at least.

When Oasis, at some big stadium gig or another, were supported by the Bootleg Beatle, Liam, under the influence of something, spent the whole evening backstage chatting with the Lennon impersonator, calling him 'John.' I quite like that loss of a grip on reality.
So he spent the whole evening backstage talking to himself, impressive.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Orville, who is your very best friend?

[youtube][/youtube]

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Orville, who is your very best friend?

[youtube][/youtube]
Yeah fucking lousy even by his standards. Mind you the closing ceremony was naff. Russell Brand killing a Walrus for fuck sake really?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia