Oasis set to split?

General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Oasis set to split?

Post by Heston »

Let's hope this is true, they've been dreadful for years....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... tival.html

IF you were one of the lucky punters at V Fest in Stafford on Saturday, you can now claim the honour of seeing the last ever OASIS gig on British soil.
The Manc legends pulled out of their headline slot at Chelmsford's V last night because frontman LIAM has been struck down with viral laryngitis.

The lads still have a few European tour dates left to play, but unless someone offers them silly money to take the stage once more in Britain then I can't see them performing together again.

Thousands at the Essex tear-up were left stunned when the shock news was announced yesterday, and SNOW PATROL had to step in.

Earlier this year NOEL christened their UK gigs The Summer Of Bigness. Heaton Park, Murrayfield, the Millennium Stadium, Slane Castle and the Wem-ber-lee dates were epic.

But the V festival no-show is a hugely disappointing way for the curtain to come down on a brilliant summer and an unforgettable era for one of the best bands this country has ever produced.

A spokesman for Oasis said: "After a year of being on the road this is the first performance to be lost to a band member's illness, so naturally we are all completely gutted."

And a V spokesman said: "Fans will naturally be disappointed but the artist's health must come first."

It has been a fraught week for the band after Liam launched a bitter attack on Noel in an interview. The singer has also been chipping away at his big brother on Twitter.

As a result, the rumour mill was in overdrive at V last night with talk of a fall-out between the siblings.

The pair watched their beloved Man City edge past Wolves on Saturday, but from different ends of the ground.

Noel then had his photo taken with striker Carlos Tevez before the Gallaghers headed off to Stafford's Weston Park on separate buses.

They played the northern leg of the festival with no hiccups, and Liam even stayed up drinking until 3am.

But later yesterday morning, doctors were called in and diagnosed a dodgy throat.

As much as the brothers want to punch each other's lights out most of the time, they are professionals.

The gig was pulled because Liam's throat genuinely wasn't up to the job.

Like so many brilliant bands before them, Oasis are bowing out on bad terms.

It has been heading this way for a while now, as Noel and Liam grow further apart.

Separate flights, different hotels and very little else in common - friends, interests or personalities. Now Milan at the end of the month looks like it could be the last ever Oasis gig.

I hope the Italians appreciate it.

Fans at V will be hacked off.

But as a wise man once said, Don't Look Back In Anger.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Oasis set to split?

Post by esmark »

they got some great tunes off the first couple of albums, imo, but couldn't care less....

MadModWorld
Trashy Britpop Kid

Post by MadModWorld »

Noel wants a 5 year break, Liam wants Noel to do a solo album, Liam wants to stay as a band, Noel & Liam don't talk any more, Liam has his own clothing range, Liam is writing songs, Noel doesn't want to go solo, Noel does want to go solo, Noel wants Oasis to stay as a band, Liam doesn't want Oasis to stay as a band.

Fuck it, I'm sick of reading things about Oasis being set to split. I'm sick of hearing things about Noel's solo record.
If Oasis split, they split - they're my favourite band and I'll be gutted but it happens to bands all the time. They're not young lads any more, people change, things change, places change.
If they break up then the NME can cry themselves to sleep at night after wanking over pictures from the nineties and the glory days while reminiscing about Alan McGee and Bonehead before printing page after page of drivel with the words "mad for it" taking up half the pages and quotes from Paul Weller about how he always thought Noel would be better solo - shock horror! The NME have definitive proof because everything Paul Weller says about Oasis is gospel.

So basically...
If they break up, they break up and I'll be upset but y'know...let it be.
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I never even thought they were good.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:I never even thought they were good.
Like most people in North America, I wouldn't even know they were still together if I didn't know any Brits.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
Like most people in North America, I wouldn't even know they were still together if I didn't know any Brits.
And I wouldn't have known the Replacements even existed if I didn't know any Americans.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

modskin
Unknown Immortal

Post by modskin »

I can clearly remember being 13 years old and them being the greatest band in the world for about a year.

I love the first 3 records, but after that I kinda got bored with it and ended up going apeshit over all the bands that influenced them.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
And I wouldn't have known the Replacements even existed if I didn't know any Americans.
The difference: the Replacements are genuinely good.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Heston

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
That's not relevant to the issue at hand.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
You brought them up, not me. It's like you're obsessed with them, and their superior cover of "Black Diamond."

Heston

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote: Like most people in North America, I wouldn't even know they were still together if I didn't know any Brits.
You brought them up, not me. It's like you're obsessed with them, and their superior cover of "Black Diamond."
Yeah, but why would the fact that North America wouldn't know they were still together be so important? The world doesn't begin and end in the mighty ol' US of A.

And yes, Kiss's version is still better, despite your rigged vote.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote: And I wouldn't have known the Replacements even existed if I didn't know any Americans.
Yeah, but why would the fact that North America wouldn't know they were still together be so important? The world doesn't begin and end in the mighty ol' US of A.

It wasn't a slam on England, you thick Geordie, it was a slam on Oasis being meaningless without tabloids following them.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote: The difference: the Replacements are genuinely good.

It wasn't a slam on England, you thick Geordie, it was a slam on Oasis being meaningless without tabloids following them.
I know what you meant, Septic.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote: That's not relevant to the issue at hand.

I know what you meant, Septic.
Racist. :shifty: