Oasis set to split?

General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Oasis set to split?

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:Noel's farewell....

Dearly beloved, it is with a heavy heart and a sad face that I say this to you this morning.

As of last Friday the 28th August, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock'n'roll pop group Oasis.

The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a family and a football team to indulge.

I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a fuckin' pleasure.

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG.

I think Liam must be an even bigger arsehole than I suspected.
He smashed up Noel's guitar minutes before he was to take the stage.
A nice way to treat the man who gave him a career....
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:Noel's farewell....

Dearly beloved, it is with a heavy heart and a sad face that I say this to you this morning.

As of last Friday the 28th August, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock'n'roll pop group Oasis.

The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a family and a football team to indulge.

I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a fuckin' pleasure.

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG.

I think Liam must be an even bigger arsehole than I suspected.
He smashed up Noel's guitar minutes before he was to take the stage.
A nice way to treat the man who gave him a career....
I'm expecting the band to carry on without Noel as they were already a band before Noel took over and showed his brilliance. Gem and Andy are no slouches when it comes to tunes. As for Liam if he just stuck to singing things could be ok, instead of being an knobhead.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:A nice way to treat the man who gave him a career....
Kind of like if Roger Daltrey or Art Garfunkel ever got uppity with Pete or Paul—hey, you've got talent, but never forget that it was someone else who gave you the chance.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:A nice way to treat the man who gave him a career....
Kind of like if Roger Daltrey or Art Garfunkel ever got uppity with Pete or Paul—hey, you've got talent, but never forget that it was someone else who gave you the chance.
Some of the early Oasis (The Rain) demos were not bad but they would've ended up just another indie band without Noel's input.

The thing is when the band started with the likes of Bonehead and Guigs Noel was the sole song writer but things are different now with Gem Archer and Andy Bell who wrote songs for their own bands Heavy Stereo and Ride.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:The thing is when the band started with the likes of Bonehead and Guigs Noel was the sole song writer but things are different now with Gem Archer and Andy Bell who wrote songs for their own bands Heavy Stereo and Ride.
The question is whether they'll be able to write like Noel or whether the Oasis fanbase would support songs that don't sound like Noel's.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:The thing is when the band started with the likes of Bonehead and Guigs Noel was the sole song writer but things are different now with Gem Archer and Andy Bell who wrote songs for their own bands Heavy Stereo and Ride.
The question is whether they'll be able to write like Noel or whether the Oasis fanbase would support songs that don't sound like Noel's.
I dont see that as being a real issue as they have written plenty of tracks over the last couple of oasis albums and some might argue the better tunes.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I dont see that as being a real issue as they have written plenty of tracks over the last couple of oasis albums and some might argue the better tunes.
Ah, I see. Apart from occasional singles, I haven't listened to any Oasis since the Wonderwall album (I'm blanking on the title). I just assumed that Noel was still doing all the writing. Who knows, maybe they'll be like Depeche Mode and survive the loss of a key member.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ah, I see. Apart from occasional singles, I haven't listened to any Oasis since the Wonderwall album (I'm blanking on the title). I just assumed that Noel was still doing all the writing. Who knows, maybe they'll be like Depeche Mode and survive the loss of a key member.
(What's The Story) Morning Glory. Yes it's a strong possibility.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Right, thanks on the title. The title track is probably the only Oasis song I unreservedly like. It always sounded like an unearthed Pistols song to me.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Liam's fans (and there are a lot of them) will stick with him regardless of the quality of his work which unfortunately isn't that great. His voice is one dimensional and the songs he has contributed to the albums are second rate at best. One one of the best songs off the last album was written by Gem Archer however it is always Noel's that prop up the albums.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: The question is whether they'll be able to write like Noel or whether the Oasis fanbase would support songs that don't sound like Noel's.
Liam's fans (and there are a lot of them) will stick with him regardless of the quality of his work which unfortunately isn't that great. His voice is one dimensional and the songs he has contributed to the albums are second rate at best. One one of the best songs off the last album was written by Gem Archer however it is always Noel's that prop up the albums.
This is true 101 however Noel has slowly written less and less with each new album.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: The question is whether they'll be able to write like Noel or whether the Oasis fanbase would support songs that don't sound like Noel's.
Right, thanks on the title. The title track is probably the only Oasis song I unreservedly like. It always sounded like an unearthed Pistols song to me.
It's another Oasis rip-off riff it's a conplete steal from "The One I Love" by R.E.M.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote: I dont see that as being a real issue as they have written plenty of tracks over the last couple of oasis albums and some might argue the better tunes.
This is true 101 however Noel has slowly written less and less with each new album.
Exactly and therein lies the problem with each new album.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: Ah, I see. Apart from occasional singles, I haven't listened to any Oasis since the Wonderwall album (I'm blanking on the title). I just assumed that Noel was still doing all the writing. Who knows, maybe they'll be like Depeche Mode and survive the loss of a key member.
I thought the last album was very strong and had good songs on it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote: (What's The Story) Morning Glory. Yes it's a strong possibility.
I thought the last album was very strong and had good songs on it.
I thought it was ok, some good songs no great songs.