The David Bowie is God Thread

General music discussion.
Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49918
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Wolter » 25 Aug 2009, 12:07pm

modskin wrote:Great use of Bowie's "Cat People (Putting Out the Fire)" in a key scene in "Inglourious Basterds"..
Yeah, I meant to bring that up after I saw it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Special Patrol
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 229
Joined: 12 Jul 2008, 11:23am

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Special Patrol » 25 Aug 2009, 2:31pm

I've recently discovered that David Bowie is a God. I have yet to discover him to be the one and true God though.
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49918
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Wolter » 25 Aug 2009, 2:33pm

Special Patrol wrote:I've recently discovered that David Bowie is a God. I have yet to discover him to be the one and true God though.
There is room for all creeds in the Thin White Tent.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 23119
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: outer space

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by eumaas » 25 Aug 2009, 2:36pm

Wolter wrote:
Special Patrol wrote:I've recently discovered that David Bowie is a God. I have yet to discover him to be the one and true God though.
There is room for all creeds in the Thin White Tent.
I'm Chief Prelate of the Cult of Robert Quine, for example.
I feel that there is a fascistic element, for example, in the Rolling Stones . . .
— Morton Feldman

I've studied the phenomenon of neo-provincialism in self-isolating online communities but this place takes the fucking cake.
— Clashy

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 8540
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Inder » 25 Aug 2009, 2:38pm

[youtube][/youtube]

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 32406
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by tepista » 25 Aug 2009, 3:00pm

Nice, he does KoW with a sore throat on David Live
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49918
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Wolter » 25 Aug 2009, 3:03pm

tepista wrote:Nice, he does KoW with a sore throat on David Live
David Live baffles me. I have heard boots from that era that are awesome, but he chose to release some of the most lackluster performances of the decade in that set. It's his Shea Stadium.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 32406
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by tepista » 25 Aug 2009, 3:05pm

Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:Nice, he does KoW with a sore throat on David Live
David Live baffles me. I have heard boots from that era that are awesome, but he chose to release some of the most lackluster performances of the decade in that set. It's his Shea Stadium.
I think it was that the Philly dates were scheduled in advance to be the live ones, and David had just adopted his love for the TSOP style.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49918
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Wolter » 25 Aug 2009, 3:11pm

tepista wrote:
Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:Nice, he does KoW with a sore throat on David Live
David Live baffles me. I have heard boots from that era that are awesome, but he chose to release some of the most lackluster performances of the decade in that set. It's his Shea Stadium.
I think it was that the Philly dates were scheduled in advance to be the live ones, and David had just adopted his love for the TSOP style.
Yeah, that's actually closer to the truth. Just wanted to let my annoyance out.

Jeez, if he could have waited a few more months to be a chameleon, there could have been a nicely recorded Diamond Dogs tour album.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 32406
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by tepista » 25 Aug 2009, 3:15pm

Bowie outbosses the Boss

[youtube][/youtube]
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

IkarisOne
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2841
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 10:09pm

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by IkarisOne » 25 Aug 2009, 6:44pm

Inder wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Holy shit that chick is hot. Who is she?

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27043
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Heston » 25 Aug 2009, 8:19pm

IkarisOne wrote:
Inder wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Holy shit that chick is hot. Who is she?
No idea, but I love '70s chicks. They put the modern-day airbrushed, waxed and implanted lady to shame.
Of course I use Zildjian, this is serious music.

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 23119
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: outer space

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by eumaas » 25 Aug 2009, 9:27pm

Heston wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
Inder wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Holy shit that chick is hot. Who is she?
No idea, but I love '70s chicks. They put the modern-day airbrushed, waxed and implanted lady to shame.
Hoy recoils in horror at such a woman.

Let's all remember that.
I feel that there is a fascistic element, for example, in the Rolling Stones . . .
— Morton Feldman

I've studied the phenomenon of neo-provincialism in self-isolating online communities but this place takes the fucking cake.
— Clashy

Suzanne H.
User avatar
The Cheese
Posts: 1926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:31pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Suzanne H. » 11 Sep 2009, 11:42pm

Image
Image

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1554
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 12 Sep 2009, 3:32am

Ronno deserves a little credit here too. Bowie took flight on his wings.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], muppet hi fi and 4 guests