The David Bowie is God Thread

General music discussion.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Then why act aggressively and suggest I'm being a Hoy—that I'm wrong—when I mentioned the Prophets Sales?
Because when I pointed out that that made no sense whatsoever, you said you were "validated." Which is one step from just adding this little douche: :cool:
How is baffling you not validation? :shifty:
Baffling me with wit is validation, baffling me with non-sequiturs is Hoyische.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Suzanne H.
The Cheese

Post by Suzanne H. »

Nobody cares that a NEWLY DISCOVERED SPIDER was named after David Bowie!
:disshame:

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Suzanne H. wrote:Nobody cares that a NEWLY DISCOVERED SPIDER was named after David Bowie!
:disshame:
Actually, I thought it was awesome. I forgot to comment because Dr. Hoywormdulla decided to get uppity.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Then why act aggressively and suggest I'm being a Hoy—that I'm wrong—when I mentioned the Prophets Sales?
Because when I pointed out that that made no sense whatsoever, you said you were "validated." Which is one step from just adding this little douche: :cool:
A picture of Soupy Sales doing the wave-with-thumbs-in-ears thing (does that have a name?) is tres-sequitur in the context of a Tin Machine jibe.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
A picture of Soupy Sales doing the wave-with-thumbs-in-ears thing (does that have a name?) is tres-sequitur in the context of a Tin Machine jibe.
To be honest, I think you're probably more familiar with Tin Machine than I am.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: Because when I pointed out that that made no sense whatsoever, you said you were "validated." Which is one step from just adding this little douche: :cool:
Don't be modest, Bishop Wolter. I've heard the first one a couple times, and just bits of the second, and neither in at least ten years.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: How is baffling you not validation? :shifty:
Don't be modest, Bishop Wolter. I've heard the first one a couple times, and just bits of the second, and neither in at least ten years.
I've heard the first one twice and the second one once. They weren't laughably bad, but they also weren't my thing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:I've heard the first one twice and the second one once. They weren't laughably bad, but they also weren't my thing.
I've heard worse; that's as kind as my memory of them will let me be. Bowie's That What Is Not or Manscape or Cut the Crap or F-Punk or It's Hard or everything REM did after Automatic For the People.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:I've heard the first one twice and the second one once. They weren't laughably bad, but they also weren't my thing.
I've heard worse; that's as kind as my memory of them will let me be. Bowie's That What Is Not or Manscape or Cut the Crap or F-Punk or It's Hard or everything REM did after Automatic For the People.
Well, I think Bowie's TWIN or Manscape or CTC is "Never Let Me Down." That one is truly awful. Tin Machine is just not interesting.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Well, I think Bowie's TWIN or Manscape or CTC is "Never Let Me Down." That one is truly awful. Tin Machine is just not interesting.
Beyond the wretched sleeve and the "Day In, Day Out" video, I've not been exposed to it.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Beyond the wretched sleeve and the "Day In, Day Out" video, I've not been exposed to it.
"Day In, Day Out" is one of the stronger tracks on the album... :shifty: :disshame: :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Anyone ever pursue a Bowie MasterCard?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
F-Punk is an entertaining album!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Necrotizing fasciitis is a great way of losing weight.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Necrotizing fasciitis is a great way of losing weight.
Really, it's not a dead hollow hateful brain thumping mess like CtC. Jonesy's essential loveable goofy charisma carries it a long way.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/