The David Bowie is God Thread

General music discussion.
TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1737
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

tepista wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 4:48pm
While watching the 400 minute documentary on the Friday the 13th movies, I learned that the producer for most of them, Frank Mancuso Jr, was a huge BOWIE fan, and that four of the screenplays were filmed under alias titles, including "Crystal Japan", "Repetition", "Aladdin Sane" and "Ashes to Ashes"
Frank Jr’s sister is married to Gary Gersh, who signed Bowie to EMI America (and Nirvana to DCG).

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18995
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by JennyB »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 2:22am
tepista wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 4:48pm
While watching the 400 minute documentary on the Friday the 13th movies, I learned that the producer for most of them, Frank Mancuso Jr, was a huge BOWIE fan, and that four of the screenplays were filmed under alias titles, including "Crystal Japan", "Repetition", "Aladdin Sane" and "Ashes to Ashes"
Frank Jr’s sister is married to Gary Gersh, who signed Bowie to EMI America (and Nirvana to DCG).
Is he the guy Marc Maron is playing in the upcoming bopic?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1737
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

JennyB wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 12:48pm
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 2:22am
tepista wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 4:48pm
While watching the 400 minute documentary on the Friday the 13th movies, I learned that the producer for most of them, Frank Mancuso Jr, was a huge BOWIE fan, and that four of the screenplays were filmed under alias titles, including "Crystal Japan", "Repetition", "Aladdin Sane" and "Ashes to Ashes"
Frank Jr’s sister is married to Gary Gersh, who signed Bowie to EMI America (and Nirvana to DCG).
Is he the guy Marc Maron is playing in the upcoming bopic?
I doubt it. Gary was in his twenties when he signed Bowie. We went to school together.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18995
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by JennyB »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 10:07pm
JennyB wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 12:48pm
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 2:22am
tepista wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 4:48pm
While watching the 400 minute documentary on the Friday the 13th movies, I learned that the producer for most of them, Frank Mancuso Jr, was a huge BOWIE fan, and that four of the screenplays were filmed under alias titles, including "Crystal Japan", "Repetition", "Aladdin Sane" and "Ashes to Ashes"
Frank Jr’s sister is married to Gary Gersh, who signed Bowie to EMI America (and Nirvana to DCG).
Is he the guy Marc Maron is playing in the upcoming bopic?
I doubt it. Gary was in his twenties when he signed Bowie. We went to school together.
Gotcha.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34832
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The David Bowie is God Thread

Post by tepista »

what a relief about Hawkwind
Attachments
bowiefiasco.jpg
bowiefiasco.jpg (30.99 KiB) Viewed 622 times
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Post Reply