Free CD!!

General music discussion.
rudiethedirtypunk
Dirty Punk

Free CD!!

Post by rudiethedirtypunk »

I bought waiting for herb- the pogues, about a year ago and i havent listened to it once. The only reason i really like the pogues is because of Shane, So if anyone wants it, i will send it to you, for free. Just send me a message.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Re: Free CD!!

Post by daredevil »

I forgot that existed, It's been years since I listened to it.
The track "Drunken Boat" on that cd is terrible....as are 3 or 4 others. The rest is "good" but not in the class of the Shane era.

rudiethedirtypunk
Dirty Punk

daredevil wrote:I forgot that existed, It's been years since I listened to it.
The track "Drunken Boat" on that cd is terrible....as are 3 or 4 others. The rest is "good" but not in the class of the Shane era.
I think there are about 3 pogues songs shane doesnt sing that i like, and i have all them on other cds anyway. Im just trying to get rid of it.

In A Rut
Dirty Punk

Post by In A Rut »

i like that album. granted it's not on the same level as recordings with Shane, but it's still good. especially "Tuesday Morning". the bonus tracks on the re-release are good too (like Paris St. Germaine).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I listened to this album once. I think the trick is not to listen to it as a Pogues album get that completely out of your mind before you even try it. The same is true for Pogue Mahone but that was a bit closer to a Shane Pogues album. The Snake of course is a better choice over both of them.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Tuesday Morning is one of my favourite Pogues tracks. Also liked Once Upon A Time and The Girl From The Wadi Hamamat, but the rest is so-so. Spider's voice wears thin over the best part of an album.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Heston wrote:Tuesday Morning is one of my favourite Pogues tracks. Also liked Once Upon A Time and The Girl From The Wadi Hamamat, but the rest is so-so. Spider's voice wears thin over the best part of an album.
Wasn't Joe going to perform the lead vocals on these tracks?

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

revbob wrote:I listened to this album once. I think the trick is not to listen to it as a Pogues album get that completely out of your mind before you even try it. The same is true for Pogue Mahone but that was a bit closer to a Shane Pogues album. The Snake of course is a better choice over both of them.
The Snake is much better than both post-Shane Pogues albums (Spider Stacy was never cut out for frontman vocal duties; Strummer would have been a much better fit). It's ironic, too, because the new Pogues boxset demonstrates that about half of The Snake is rehashed Pogues songs anyway, and even more ironic because the original Pogues arrangements are far superior.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

rudiethedirtypunk
Dirty Punk

In A Rut wrote:i like that album. granted it's not on the same level as recordings with Shane, but it's still good. especially "Tuesday Morning". the bonus tracks on the re-release are good too (like Paris St. Germaine).
Yeah i like tuesday morning but ive got that on a best of cd.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

rudiethedirtypunk wrote:
In A Rut wrote:i like that album. granted it's not on the same level as recordings with Shane, but it's still good. especially "Tuesday Morning". the bonus tracks on the re-release are good too (like Paris St. Germaine).
Yeah i like tuesday morning but ive got that on a best of cd.
I always think of it as the b-side to London Calling / I Fought The Law single.