So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10077
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by revbob » 03 Dec 2019, 6:42pm

JennyB wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 3:24pm
revbob wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 12:50pm
JennyB wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 12:22pm
BOB FUCKING MOULD on March 21. Gonna take the kid.
Awesome . Is he playing with a band or just himself? When I saw him a few months ago just him and his guitar, great show.
I think just himself, but not sure. Should be great either way!
That's how I saw him, fantastic show, he had incredible energy.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 28438
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Flex » 29 Dec 2019, 1:36am

I'm going to this for a buddy's bachelor party this May:
Image

Going to the Friday Kick-Off Show too:
Image
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 19434
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by 101Walterton » 29 Dec 2019, 4:37am

Flex wrote:
29 Dec 2019, 1:36am
I'm going to this for a buddy's bachelor party this May:
Image

Going to the Friday Kick-Off Show too:
Image
Great line up should be fantastic.
Not sure how Madness fits that bill but who cares. Coincidentally just read the new Madness autobiography and they talked about their first US tour (before The Specials who were still on the 2 Tone Tour) and how they were labelled as a kind of new wave / post punk band. Not helped by the fact they were fuelled up and playing all the songs too fast as a result.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10077
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by revbob » 07 Jan 2020, 9:35pm

I would go to this.
Spider Stacy and Cait O'Riordan are going on tour and they'll be playing a full Pogues set.
https://www.punknews.org/article/71588/ ... et-on-tour

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18351
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by JennyB » 08 Jan 2020, 11:07am

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 9:35pm
I would go to this.
Spider Stacy and Cait O'Riordan are going on tour and they'll be playing a full Pogues set.
https://www.punknews.org/article/71588/ ... et-on-tour
Whoa. They are actually coming here.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 85175
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jan 2020, 12:38pm

revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 9:35pm
I would go to this.
Spider Stacy and Cait O'Riordan are going on tour and they'll be playing a full Pogues set.
https://www.punknews.org/article/71588/ ... et-on-tour
I've never heard of City Winery. It seems kinda Whole Foods-ish.
Blossom and Six want fake ID's

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34176
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by tepista » 08 Jan 2020, 4:39pm

Flex wrote:
29 Dec 2019, 1:36am
I'm going to this for a buddy's bachelor party this May:
Image

Going to the Friday Kick-Off Show too:
Image
ooh, The Epoxies are back together?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10077
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by revbob » 08 Jan 2020, 4:53pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 12:38pm
revbob wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 9:35pm
I would go to this.
Spider Stacy and Cait O'Riordan are going on tour and they'll be playing a full Pogues set.
https://www.punknews.org/article/71588/ ... et-on-tour
I've never heard of City Winery. It seems kinda Whole Foods-ish.
Yeah basically a franchise of sorts. Its a wine bar with live music. They tend to have good shows but when I went to the NYC one a few years back the beer selection was awful and only in bottles. Boooo.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10077
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by revbob » 08 Jan 2020, 5:07pm

tepista wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 4:39pm
Flex wrote:
29 Dec 2019, 1:36am
I'm going to this for a buddy's bachelor party this May:
Image

Going to the Friday Kick-Off Show too:
Image
ooh, The Epoxies are back together?
That appears to be their only data right now. Let's hope for more and new songs they were a terrific band.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34176
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by tepista » 08 Jan 2020, 5:08pm

revbob wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 5:07pm
tepista wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 4:39pm

ooh, The Epoxies are back together?
That appears to be their only data right now. Let's hope for more and new songs they were a terrific band.
They really were! I have 2 CDs and saw them live 2 or 3 times.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10077
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by revbob » 08 Jan 2020, 5:10pm

tepista wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 5:08pm
revbob wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 5:07pm
tepista wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 4:39pm

ooh, The Epoxies are back together?
That appears to be their only data right now. Let's hope for more and new songs they were a terrific band.
They really were! I have 2 CDs and saw them live 2 or 3 times.
Ive got the CDs and EP and her solo album all great. Never been fortunate to see them live.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 34176
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by tepista » 08 Jan 2020, 5:20pm

revbob wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 5:10pm
tepista wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 5:08pm
revbob wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 5:07pm
tepista wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 4:39pm

ooh, The Epoxies are back together?
That appears to be their only data right now. Let's hope for more and new songs they were a terrific band.
They really were! I have 2 CDs and saw them live 2 or 3 times.
Ive got the CDs and EP and her solo album all great. Never been fortunate to see them live.
I don't think I heard the solo stuff
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10077
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by revbob » 08 Jan 2020, 6:16pm

tepista wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 5:20pm
revbob wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 5:10pm
tepista wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 5:08pm
revbob wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 5:07pm
tepista wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 4:39pm

ooh, The Epoxies are back together?
That appears to be their only data right now. Let's hope for more and new songs they were a terrific band.
They really were! I have 2 CDs and saw them live 2 or 3 times.
Ive got the CDs and EP and her solo album all great. Never been fortunate to see them live.
I don't think I heard the solo stuff
Very similar but noticeably darker.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 10077
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by revbob » 16 Jan 2020, 11:18am

Going to see Roy Wood Jr on the 25th. Comedy show.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21451
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by matedog » 16 Jan 2020, 11:43am

revbob wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:18am
Going to see Roy Wood Jr on the 25th. Comedy show.
He's pretty good on TDS. Let me know how his show is.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests