So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6920
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by revbob » 21 Feb 2018, 7:24pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 6:55pm
revbob wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 6:20pm
I am hoping I can make it to Jonathan Richman in a few weeks. I saw him like... holy shit close to 25 years ago out in Albuquerque. Damn that was a long time ago...
I saw him about a dozen years ago. A weird combination of charismatic and dorky.
Same as when I saw him.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77292
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Feb 2018, 7:27pm

revbob wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 7:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 6:55pm
revbob wrote:
21 Feb 2018, 6:20pm
I am hoping I can make it to Jonathan Richman in a few weeks. I saw him like... holy shit close to 25 years ago out in Albuquerque. Damn that was a long time ago...
I saw him about a dozen years ago. A weird combination of charismatic and dorky.
Same as when I saw him.
He seems like he'd be a fantastic guy to have dinner with.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26140
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Flex » 23 Feb 2018, 12:24am

D.O.A. & M.D.C. in May. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6920
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by revbob » 23 Feb 2018, 7:14pm

Flex wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 12:24am
D.O.A. & M.D.C. in May. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Im forever jealous of all the great shows that come thru your town.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by BostonBeaneater » 24 Feb 2018, 12:28am

revbob wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 7:14pm
Flex wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 12:24am
D.O.A. & M.D.C. in May. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Im forever jealous of all the great shows that come thru your town.
Bernie and the Kvetchers ain’t doing it for you? No Weed Factory Funk Train for you? There’s always Phish.
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6920
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by revbob » 24 Feb 2018, 8:50am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 12:28am
revbob wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 7:14pm
Flex wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 12:24am
D.O.A. & M.D.C. in May. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Im forever jealous of all the great shows that come thru your town.
Bernie and the Kvetchers ain’t doing it for you? No Weed Factory Funk Train for you? There’s always Phish.
Thats the problem.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77292
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Feb 2018, 9:20am

revbob wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 8:50am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
24 Feb 2018, 12:28am
revbob wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 7:14pm
Flex wrote:
23 Feb 2018, 12:24am
D.O.A. & M.D.C. in May. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Im forever jealous of all the great shows that come thru your town.
Bernie and the Kvetchers ain’t doing it for you? No Weed Factory Funk Train for you? There’s always Phish.
Thats the problem.
If you'd just apologize to them, they'd let you back into the band. I'm sure they miss your skill with the electric xylophone.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16937
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by JennyB » 26 Feb 2018, 12:12pm

Did I mention that I got 20th row center for Depeche Mode? Because I did.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77292
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Feb 2018, 12:15pm

JennyB wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 12:12pm
Did I mention that I got 20th row center for Depeche Mode? Because I did.
*looks at ticket* Dep-ish Mode: A Depeche Mode Experience?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16937
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by JennyB » 26 Feb 2018, 1:00pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 12:15pm
JennyB wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 12:12pm
Did I mention that I got 20th row center for Depeche Mode? Because I did.
*looks at ticket* Dep-ish Mode: A Depeche Mode Experience?
That's MEAN.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77292
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Feb 2018, 1:03pm

JennyB wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 12:15pm
JennyB wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 12:12pm
Did I mention that I got 20th row center for Depeche Mode? Because I did.
*looks at ticket* Dep-ish Mode: A Depeche Mode Experience?
That's MEAN.
I, madame, possess the zest of mischief, like all long-lost Romanovs.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16937
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by JennyB » 26 Feb 2018, 1:14pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 1:03pm
JennyB wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 12:15pm
JennyB wrote:
26 Feb 2018, 12:12pm
Did I mention that I got 20th row center for Depeche Mode? Because I did.
*looks at ticket* Dep-ish Mode: A Depeche Mode Experience?
That's MEAN.
I, madame, possess the zest of mischief, like all long-lost Romanovs.
:lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 32874
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by tepista » 28 Feb 2018, 9:35pm

In a few hours:

Image


SPECIAL GUESTS JUST ADDED: Perry Farrell, Evan Rachel Wood, Fantastic Negrito, Mr Hudson and Joe Sumner!

Following the triumphant sold-out start of the tour overseas in January, the tour continues in North America with more than just a mere salute, CELEBRATING DAVID BOWIE keeps Bowie’s music alive with musicians who worked closely with him throughout his career and other top musicians greatly influenced by him.

Mike Garson is the CELEBRATING DAVID BOWIE band leader for the first time on this North American tour after having made his mark on numerous Bowie albums, including his much talked about masterly solo on the “Aladdin Sane” track. Garson was Bowie’s longest and most frequent band member. They performed together for both David’s first and last concerts in the United States as well as 1,000 concerts around the globe in between. Read an interview with the U.K.’s NME that Garson recently conducted here.

Legendary guitarist Earl Slick, who worked on landmark Bowie albums such as Diamond Dogs, Young Americans and Reality, is on board in North America along with Bowie band leader Gerry Leonard (A Reality Tour) and Bowie’s Let’s Dance/Serious Moonlight Tour bassist Carmine Rojas. Between them, they have over 30 years experience of recording, writing and playing live with Bowie.

Also joining the tour will be CdB 2017 standouts including vocalist Bernard Fowler, who is known for his work with The Rolling Stones, along with 2017 Grammy nominee Gaby Moreno, plus special guests and other former Bowie band members who may make surprise appearances along the way.

The rotating ensemble with world class multi-instrumentalists changing song to song will perform a show highlighting elements that influenced Bowie and that in turn Bowie influenced: pop culture experimentation, art, fashion, science and futurism.

Previous special guests on CdB shows have included: Sting, Gary Oldman, Seal, Perry Farrell, The B-52’s’ Kate Pierson, Ewan McGregor, Simon Le Bon, Gavin Rossdale, La Roux, Joe Elliott, Mr Hudson, Gail Ann Dorsey, Spandau Ballet’s Steve Norman, Corey Taylor, Ian Astbury, Darren Criss, Tony Hadley, Living Colour, The London Community Gospel Choir, and The Harlem Gospel Choir, among many others.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16937
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by JennyB » 01 Mar 2018, 10:58am

That's super cool, Tep. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77292
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 05 Mar 2018, 11:40am

Looks like I'm actually venturing out into the live music scene. The Trashcan Sinatras are coming to Ottawa in June, playing acoustic versions of their first two albums in full. I'm waiting to hear from a friend who saw them whether I should splurge for the extra-priced meet & greet. This is clearly divinely inspired because since Friday I've been playing their various live discs, something I rarely do.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 101Walterton, Google [Bot] and 9 guests