So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
modskin
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2747
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 11:12am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by modskin » 29 Jun 2009, 7:25pm

Oh yeah, I dunno how I forgot this one..

Reverend Horton Heat (meh) opening for MOTORHEAD at Roseland Ballroom in September.
Image

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31908
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by tepista » 29 Jun 2009, 7:26pm

modskin wrote:Oh yeah, I dunno how I forgot this one..

Reverend Horton Heat (meh) opening for MOTORHEAD at Roseland Ballroom in September.
and Nashville Pussy is pretty good too.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Flex » 29 Jun 2009, 7:34pm

modskin wrote:Oh yeah, I dunno how I forgot this one..

Reverend Horton Heat (meh) opening for MOTORHEAD at Roseland Ballroom in September.
What? The Rev is rad.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

modskin
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2747
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 11:12am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by modskin » 29 Jun 2009, 7:40pm

Flex wrote:
modskin wrote:Oh yeah, I dunno how I forgot this one..

Reverend Horton Heat (meh) opening for MOTORHEAD at Roseland Ballroom in September.
What? The Rev is rad.
I really enjoyed seeing the Rev when I was in high school, but the last 3 or 4 times I've seen him have kinda ruined it for me. The "brads and chads" meathead crowd seem to have gotten into it, and I just can't take the "my belt is original 50's and my jean cuffs are exactly 2 inches wide" crowd.

I think he's a fucking ruler of a guitar player, but I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14827
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by 101Walterton » 29 Jun 2009, 9:44pm

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:The Specials
Did you catch their Glastonbury performance on the telly?
Strangely enough no I didnt :shifty:

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26119
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Heston » 29 Jun 2009, 9:46pm

101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:The Specials
Did you catch their Glastonbury performance on the telly?
Strangely enough no I didnt :shifty:
When television arrives in NZ make sure you try and catch it.

Nah, they were great, you're in for a treat.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Suzanne H.
User avatar
The Cheese
Posts: 1926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:31pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Suzanne H. » 29 Jun 2009, 9:50pm

I wish I had more of a concert schedule...:(

Well...tonight I'm going to see an Eastern Canadian Indie-Pop band. At the end of July I'm going to a bunch of local punk bands. And on August 14th I *MIGHT* be going to the Dreadnoughts home-coming, end-of-tour gig. I'm moving to Vancouver the day after and the gig is in Vancouver, so I will see about that one.

I wanted to see the Vibrators Vancouver gig, but I need my money to move so I can't afford a greyhound ticket. :disshame:
Image
Image

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 3757
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germania

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Olaf » 29 Jun 2009, 9:59pm

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:The Specials
Did you catch their Glastonbury performance on the telly?
Strangely enough no I didnt :shifty:
When television arrives in NZ make sure you try and catch it.

Nah, they were great, you're in for a treat.
As long as there isn't Maggie's Garden Show on the other channel.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14827
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by 101Walterton » 29 Jun 2009, 10:03pm

Olaf wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:The Specials
Did you catch their Glastonbury performance on the telly?
Strangely enough no I didnt :shifty:
When television arrives in NZ make sure you try and catch it.

Nah, they were great, you're in for a treat.
As long as there isn't Maggie's Garden Show on the other channel.
Its been ditched literally :mrgreen: I expect Glastonbury will be on in about 6 months once the All Blacks have gone on holiday.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Flex » 29 Jun 2009, 11:21pm

Just realized this is a show that's happening at the end of August:

Reggae On The Rocks / Steel Pulse with Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, Fishbone, The English Beat, Israel Vibration & Lee “Scratch” Perry

Holy fuck, that's an awesome lineup. Ticket getting ordered next paycheck.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35426
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Marky Dread » 29 Jun 2009, 11:41pm

Going to see U2 in august cost me an arm and a leg, the missus loves 'em so I coughed up....I'm hurting now.
Image
Image

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 7982
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Inder » 29 Jun 2009, 11:53pm

Marky Dread wrote:Going to see U2 in august cost me an arm and a leg, the missus loves 'em so I coughed up....I'm hurting now.
You think you're hurting now -- wait till you hear them!

Guffawguffawguffaw.

cretin
User avatar
shamerd my assgerfed.,
Posts: 1915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 10:16pm
Location: Land of the Freak

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by cretin » 30 Jun 2009, 12:02am

modskin wrote:Oh yeah, I dunno how I forgot this one..

Reverend Horton Heat (meh) opening for MOTORHEAD at Roseland Ballroom in September.
Ooh. Sounds like fun (the Motorhead part, that is.) I'm actually very indifferent to RHH, which is goo d for me because any songs I miss/don't remember won't seem like such a big loss, you know?
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35426
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Marky Dread » 30 Jun 2009, 12:03am

Inder wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Going to see U2 in august cost me an arm and a leg, the missus loves 'em so I coughed up....I'm hurting now.
You think you're hurting now -- wait till you hear them!

Guffawguffawguffaw.
I like 'em well enough, just don't like the price.
Image
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25034
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Flex » 30 Jun 2009, 12:05am

Marky Dread wrote:
Inder wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Going to see U2 in august cost me an arm and a leg, the missus loves 'em so I coughed up....I'm hurting now.
You think you're hurting now -- wait till you hear them!

Guffawguffawguffaw.
I like 'em well enough, just don't like the price.
Your soul?

RHH is one of the only non-hippie acts that will play in my county, so I appreciate the effort.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests