So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 11:56am
Am I reading this right, did Hoy go to a symposium about bruce sprinklebean that was full of Chicos?
And muppets.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kim Gordon tonight

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 2:45pm
Kim Gordon tonight
That should be a good one.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 2:58pm
revbob wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 2:45pm
Kim Gordon tonight
That should be a good one.
I will report back

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
Am I reading this right, did Hoy go to a symposium about bruce sprinklebean that was full of Chicos?
Yep. I couldn't miss a celebration of the 50th Anniversary of my favorite Springsteen album!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 11:53am
matedog wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 11:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 11:11am
matedog wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 10:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 10:18am

You get older but will forever be in the lowest percentile in terms of age of the people at the show.
Unsurprisingly, the symposium I went to in October, I was the only person under like 60 there other than some of the speakers kids/grandkids. Not just the age shit, but I feel like I very very relate to most Bruce fans.
You're a sports columnist or investment banker who pretends to know what their mechanic is talking about?
Oops, missed a key word, but I very very rarely relate to most Bruce fans.
I suspected as much. If you did relate to them, you would have been run out of this place faster than you could croon "I'm On Fire."
BTW, I still sing my parody version of I'm On Fire every night to my 2 year old:
"At night I wake up and your diaper's soaking wet and I just want you to go back to bed..."
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 4:34pm
Flex wrote:
Yep. I couldn't miss a celebration of the 50th Anniversary of my favorite Springsteen album!
Is that like a Star Trek convention for Bruce fans? Does one need to pay for that sort of abuse?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 4:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 11:53am
matedog wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 11:13am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 11:11am
matedog wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 10:52am

Unsurprisingly, the symposium I went to in October, I was the only person under like 60 there other than some of the speakers kids/grandkids. Not just the age shit, but I feel like I very very relate to most Bruce fans.
You're a sports columnist or investment banker who pretends to know what their mechanic is talking about?
Oops, missed a key word, but I very very rarely relate to most Bruce fans.
I suspected as much. If you did relate to them, you would have been run out of this place faster than you could croon "I'm On Fire."
BTW, I still sing my parody version of I'm On Fire every night to my 2 year old:
"At night I wake up and your diaper's soaking wet and I just want you to go back to bed..."
:lol: Better that than "Born to get the Runs."
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

revbob wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 4:42pm
matedog wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 4:34pm
Flex wrote:
Is that like a Star Trek convention for Bruce fans? Does one need to pay for that sort of abuse?
Kind of. It was a bunch of speakers who were members or the band or management at the time talking about the album, recording, the tour, the time in general. It wasn't a cheap ticket. There was a concert at the end too. Bruce showed up as well and did some interviews. I bought the ticket before I knew he was going to be there too.

Seeing David Sancious play the intro to New York City Serenade for the first time in probably 49 years made it 100% worth it!

matedog

Post by matedog »

Taking a red eye to listen to people talk about a semi obscure Bruce album and fly back early the next day was probably the nerdiest Bruce thing I've ever done.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
21 Mar 2024, 7:46pm
Taking a red eye to listen to people talk about a semi obscure Bruce album and fly back early the next day was probably the nerdiest Bruce thing I've ever done.
Without knowing your full Brustory, I wouldn't bet against this.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kim Gordon was fabulous last night. I was standing there taking in the wall of music and at one point I was thinking Doc would like this, and Heston would definitely hate it. J.Mascis and his new band opened. Enjoyed their set too, all instrumentals.

No Sonic Youth material.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Mar 2024, 7:07am
Kim Gordon was fabulous last night. I was standing there taking in the wall of music and at one point I was thinking Doc would like this, and Heston would definitely hate it. J.Mascis and his new band opened. Enjoyed their set too, all instrumentals.

No Sonic Youth material.
I am confident in your assessment there.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Just bought Adam Ant tix for Austin in a few weeks, the king of the wild frontier
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Jeff Rosenstock the other night was a good time. Ive been dragging friends to ahows the past few years and this was pretty popular with them. Naturally they would go over bigger with a lot of people than say...GWAR, but I try and judge shows differently.