So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 1:40pm
Got my tickets for Massive Attack in LA (the closest they are coming to Seattle is San Francisco). I'm super excited because this will round out seeing live all of the Holy Bristol Trinity.
I heard that Liz Fraser would be playing some shows with them, but I imagine she wouldn't leave the UK.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 4:41pm
Kory wrote:
Got my tickets for Massive Attack in LA (the closest they are coming to Seattle is San Francisco). I'm super excited because this will round out seeing live all of the Holy Bristol Trinity.
I heard that Liz Fraser would be playing some shows with them, but I imagine she wouldn't leave the UK.
She saw her shadow again and declared 6 more years of no-performing. :shifty:

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 8:48am
From the Jam are coming to town in March. Tickets are 27 quid each. That's about a fiver more than I really wanna pay. Not sure what to do on this one.
They're in Newcastle this Saturday and I really fancied it but £28 a ticket put me right off. Plus it is at the 02 Academy which means a fiver for a pint of warm piss. Add in travel costs and it would set me back best part of a hundred quid. Can't justify that for what is basically a tribute act (albeit an excellent one).
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 5:21am
Silent Majority wrote:
From the Jam are coming to town in March. Tickets are 27 quid each. That's about a fiver more than I really wanna pay. Not sure what to do on this one.
They're in Newcastle this Saturday and I really fancied it but £28 a ticket put me right off. Plus it is at the 02 Academy which means a fiver for a pint of warm piss. Add in travel costs and it would set me back best part of a hundred quid. Can't justify that for what is basically a tribute act (albeit an excellent one).
For me, walking to the venue and predrinking could keep it under £50.00, but that's too much really.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 7:42am
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
For me, walking to the venue and predrinking could keep it under £50.00, but that's too much really.
I haven't got a pocket full of pretty green!

Seeing groups live these days is stupid monies.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 3:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
She saw her shadow again and declared 6 more years of no-performing. :shifty:
*snicker*
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 7:49am
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
I haven't got a pocket full of pretty green!

Seeing groups live these days is stupid monies.
I get to go to very few shows because of where I live. We don't get a lot of shows because a lot of artists don't see it as a big enough market. And then the smaller artists I like tend to come to town on week day nights with shows starting at 10 or 11.
So every so often when someone like Elvis Costello does a show I'll pay for it because I probably do less than one show a year at this point and one or two pricey shows is the same as a 5 to 10 "cheap" shows (not like Fugazi is still doing $5 shows).

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Is Bruce Foxton still in the band?

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 2:06pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Yes. There was a small crossover whrn both Bruce and Rick were in the band but it looks like they fell out over the usual management/money disagreements.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
They are billing the shows in the US as also including her. I'm also hoping for Horace Andy.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Heston wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 3:12pm
101Walterton wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Yes. There was a small crossover whrn both Bruce and Rick were in the band but it looks like they fell out over the usual management/money disagreements.
Wait, there's no Rick Buckler?

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 4:44pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:

Nope. The drummer is excellent though, watched a full concert online the other week.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Heston wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 4:48pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Nope. The drummer is excellent though, watched a full concert online the other week.
They need to be charging another third off their tickets.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 4:52pm
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Yes but there is no Paul Weller in the band so that adds that third back on. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 4:58pm
Silent Majority wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 4:52pm
Heston wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:

Yes but there is no Paul Weller in the band so that adds that third back on. ;)
Post of the week, still chuckling as I type.