So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:This is awful, but the only show I have on the horizon is Elton John & Billy Joel.

I don't see a lot of shows these days...
I'll visit you in the boobyhatch.

Nah, I'm kidding. I wouldn't visit you there.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

cretin wrote:
Just the Reverend Horton Heat at the end of August for me, if only for the sake of being drunk at a concert. I also plan on making friends with any of the overweight rockabilly girls who might be attending so I can be the skinny friend. :D
I think Throw Rag opens on that date, make sure you get there in time to see them. You live in ND right?

edit* duh, it says so on your thing. See them. ;)
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:Yeah -- it's not worth the stench of patchouli and dirty white-boy dreadlocks to see them in a festival-size venue. They are playing a small theater here, so I imagine they will eventually do the same in Denver.
I just looked at the festival lineup and, yeah, even with Gogol Bordello AND DeVotchka (and Lyrics Born) there, I just can't do it. It's not even like Bonnaroo, which is infested with filthy hippies but at least there's a lot of good music there.

I'll probably swing down to Nedfest tho. The music is hippie crap, but Nederland is a fun town.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

I liked Lyrics Born's contribution to the R.L. Burnside remix album. Should I check him out?
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Billy Joel wrote:I liked Lyrics Born's contribution to the R.L. Burnside remix album. Should I check him out?
Yeah, he's awesome on that.

I like him well enough. Torrent some albums, says I.

Pex Lives!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I've only got Outside Lands on the horizon. And I'm only going to day 1 which is - Pearl Jam, Incubus, Tom Jones, Thievery Corporation, The National (good but zzzz), Q-Tip, and some other folk.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

cretin
shamerd my assgerfed.,

Post by cretin »

tepista wrote:
cretin wrote:
Just the Reverend Horton Heat at the end of August for me, if only for the sake of being drunk at a concert. I also plan on making friends with any of the overweight rockabilly girls who might be attending so I can be the skinny friend. :D
I think Throw Rag opens on that date, make sure you get there in time to see them. You live in ND right?

Hmm. Ususally I try to time it so I don't have to watch the opening act, but I trust your judgment.

I'd better not be dissapointed, Tep. Do you want that on your conscience? :shifty:

cretin
shamerd my assgerfed.,

Post by cretin »

Flex wrote:
Billy Joel wrote:I liked Lyrics Born's contribution to the R.L. Burnside remix album. Should I check him out?
Yeah, he's awesome on that.

I like him well enough. Torrent some albums, says I.
I approve of this. :approve:

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

cretin wrote:
tepista wrote:
cretin wrote:

Hmm. Ususally I try to time it so I don't have to watch the opening act, but I trust your judgment.

I'd better not be dissapointed, Tep. Do you want that on your conscience? :shifty:
I've seen them at least 25 times. I wouldn't waste my time if they weren't worth it.

edit* I also try to intentionally miss the opener too, they're gonna suck 90% of the time. This is the 10% though.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:I've only got Outside Lands on the horizon. And I'm only going to day 1 which is - Pearl Jam, Incubus, Tom Jones, Thievery Corporation, The National (good but zzzz), Q-Tip, and some other folk.
Like, half of those bands are playing the Mile High Music Fest. Which I do not count as a good thing.

Pex Lives!

cretin
shamerd my assgerfed.,

Post by cretin »

tepista wrote:
cretin wrote:
tepista wrote:
cretin wrote:

I've seen them at least 25 times. I wouldn't waste my time if they weren't worth it.

edit* I also try to intentionally miss the opener too, they're gonna suck 90% of the time. This is the 10% though.
Oh man, my mom loves to stand right up in front of the stage, so every concert I ever went to with her I had to suffer through every opener.

It was good when we saw X and the Rollins Band a few years back though, because we got to stand in front of Billy Zoom. :mrgreen:

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
matedog wrote:I've only got Outside Lands on the horizon. And I'm only going to day 1 which is - Pearl Jam, Incubus, Tom Jones, Thievery Corporation, The National (good but zzzz), Q-Tip, and some other folk.
Like, half of those bands are playing the Mile High Music Fest. Which I do not count as a good thing.
Tom Jones would be interesting, Pearl Jam is probably the only one I really want to see as they seem like a festivaly band with a deep catalog and supposedly a good stage presence, I always like Phife more than Q-Tip, The National is good but dull, so yeah, not too much to look forward to. I am missing out on the Beastie Boys, Mars Volta, Mastadon and some others the next days.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

MadModWorld
Trashy Britpop Kid

Post by MadModWorld »

Oasis.
& possibly Morrissey in October.

It kinda sucks and I get very jealous at people who go to loads of gigs.
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead...

nsc
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by nsc »

just back from the take that gig. i'd bought my wife tickets for her xmas. money well spent.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:The Specials
I'm still so fucking jealous.... :mad:

Did you catch their Glastonbury performance on the telly? Fucking awesome and I don't use that word lightly.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board