We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

General music discussion.
Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49933
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Wolter » 29 Oct 2017, 7:44pm

Heston wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 5:08pm
I thought I'd been drunk-posting again when I saw this thread bumped this morning. The relief was palpable.
I snorted.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27073
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Heston » 29 Oct 2017, 8:28pm

I've just re-read the whole thread while the good lady watched some shit on the telly. Good times!
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49933
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Wolter » 30 Oct 2017, 2:35am

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Dec 2013, 12:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:I heard it playing in Nando's about a month ago. I was taking a shit at the time which worked for me.
The time between entering a Nando's and then doing a horribly relieving shit is always pretty minimal.
Rereading this thread. I didn’t get this then, but we. Have a Nando’s near us now and...yep.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36588
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Marky Dread » 30 Oct 2017, 8:37am

Wolter wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 2:35am
Silent Majority wrote:
13 Dec 2013, 12:53pm
Marky Dread wrote:I heard it playing in Nando's about a month ago. I was taking a shit at the time which worked for me.
The time between entering a Nando's and then doing a horribly relieving shit is always pretty minimal.
Rereading this thread. I didn’t get this then, but we. Have a Nando’s near us now and...yep.
We all follow through ...eventually. ;)
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16136
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by JennyB » 30 Oct 2017, 10:21am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 10:33am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 9:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 9:20am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 9:03am
Fuck you Medulla for making me listen to that piece of crap!
The awful question is, tho, whether it's worse than that Hestship abomination.
A resounding yes from me. It's simply plain awful. Far be it for me to heap any praise on WBTCORNR but it has a certain kitschness to it.
Yeah, the pretentiousness of "Mr. Roboto" might make it worse.
That's what I was thinking. And then I thought "well, Jefferson Airplane was once a great band. And Styx always sucked." So does that make it better or worse?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74404
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Oct 2017, 10:29am

JennyB wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 10:33am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 9:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 9:20am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 9:03am
Fuck you Medulla for making me listen to that piece of crap!
The awful question is, tho, whether it's worse than that Hestship abomination.
A resounding yes from me. It's simply plain awful. Far be it for me to heap any praise on WBTCORNR but it has a certain kitschness to it.
Yeah, the pretentiousness of "Mr. Roboto" might make it worse.
That's what I was thinking. And then I thought "well, Jefferson Airplane was once a great band. And Styx always sucked." So does that make it better or worse?
The avenues of inquiry for determining which is more wretched are seemingly limitless!
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36588
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Marky Dread » 30 Oct 2017, 10:37am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:29am
JennyB wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 10:33am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 9:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 9:20am


The awful question is, tho, whether it's worse than that Hestship abomination.
A resounding yes from me. It's simply plain awful. Far be it for me to heap any praise on WBTCORNR but it has a certain kitschness to it.
Yeah, the pretentiousness of "Mr. Roboto" might make it worse.
That's what I was thinking. And then I thought "well, Jefferson Airplane was once a great band. And Styx always sucked." So does that make it better or worse?
The avenues of inquiry for determining which is more wretched are seemingly limitless!
...an immovable object vs an unstoppable force.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74404
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Oct 2017, 10:45am

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:29am
JennyB wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 10:33am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 9:32am


A resounding yes from me. It's simply plain awful. Far be it for me to heap any praise on WBTCORNR but it has a certain kitschness to it.
Yeah, the pretentiousness of "Mr. Roboto" might make it worse.
That's what I was thinking. And then I thought "well, Jefferson Airplane was once a great band. And Styx always sucked." So does that make it better or worse?
The avenues of inquiry for determining which is more wretched are seemingly limitless!
...an immovable object vs an unstoppable force.
… the toxic stench of death vs. the sound of total despair.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 36588
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Marky Dread » 30 Oct 2017, 10:54am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:45am
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:29am
JennyB wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 10:33am


Yeah, the pretentiousness of "Mr. Roboto" might make it worse.
That's what I was thinking. And then I thought "well, Jefferson Airplane was once a great band. And Styx always sucked." So does that make it better or worse?
The avenues of inquiry for determining which is more wretched are seemingly limitless!
...an immovable object vs an unstoppable force.
… the toxic stench of death vs. the sound of total despair.
But which is which? It's all so confusing. When is bad shit better than bad shit?
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74404
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Oct 2017, 1:14pm

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 10:54am
When is bad shit better than bad shit?
I think Heston and Hoy are the board experts on that.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74404
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Nov 2017, 4:27pm

Something belched up from my memory gut:


A Canadian hit back in the mid-80s, cut from the same shitty cloth as WBTC, so maybe the shittiest Canadian song of the 80s. Maybe.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49933
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Wolter » 13 Nov 2017, 4:59pm

I looked at the time and thought “Is Heston drinking early?” False alarm.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74404
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Nov 2017, 5:10pm

Wolter wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 4:59pm
I looked at the time and thought “Is Heston drinking early?” False alarm.
Not so quick. We can't conclusively rule it out.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27073
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Heston » 13 Nov 2017, 5:39pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 5:10pm
Wolter wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 4:59pm
I looked at the time and thought “Is Heston drinking early?” False alarm.
Not so quick. We can't conclusively rule it out.
Just one glass of wine with my pastrami supper. Not even enough to get me to the KISS thread.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74404
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: We Built This City On Rock and Roll appreciation thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Nov 2017, 5:59pm

Heston wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 5:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 5:10pm
Wolter wrote:
13 Nov 2017, 4:59pm
I looked at the time and thought “Is Heston drinking early?” False alarm.
Not so quick. We can't conclusively rule it out.
Just one glass of wine with my pastrami supper. Not even enough to get me to the KISS thread.
The spermicide really is an interesting seasoning, eh?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: topperville and 6 guests