Distress Signal Tapes

General music discussion.
modskint
Dirty Punk

Distress Signal Tapes

Post by modskint »

Hey folks. Just a plug for the little label I've been working on. I've got 2 releases out as of yesterday.

The first is a benefit for the 309 Punk Project (www.309punkproject.org) 309 North 6th Ave (309) is one of the oldest punk houses in the US, and is now a non-profit dedicated to preserving the punk history of Pensacola and the surrounding areas. They started an artist-in-residence program back in 2022, and the July 2022 AIRs were Tim and Beth Kerr. Many of you may know Tim as a founding father of Texas punk as a member of the Big Boys, Poison 13, Jack-O-Fire, the Monkeywrench, and a ton of others. Currently, Tim works as a painter and plays in an old-time guitar/banjo duo with his buddy Jerry Hagins called Up Around the Sun. Tim was gracious enough to let me record Up Around the Sun one evening in the living room at 309 while he was there. We cut 10 songs with just two mikes and it's a real cool listen. This one is a run of 100 copies in blue tape shells. I only have a handful available directly as I gave the others to 309 for distribution.

UATS_COVER_BC_IMAGE.jpg

The second release is a reissue of the 2012 EP from NYC's MUTANT GENES. These guys didn't stick around long enough for recognition, and I always thought they deserved more. I managed to track 3/4 of them down and get together a cassette reissue of their 2012 seven inch. The five songs are motor-damaged hardcore for fans of Reagan Youth, Anti Cimex, and Fast Eddie Clarke. They existed as a band for six months and the EP and a 2 week tour were the only documents of their existence.This is a run of 50 cassettes in sonic orange tape shells. In addition to the cassette release, I am also distributing 50 copies of the original seven inch that were buried in a storage unit. Each copy comes in a hand-stenciled and numbered jacket.

MG_COVER_FRONT_FINAL.jpg

If you'd like to have a listen or order a copy, you can check them out on the label Bandcamp page:
http://distresssignaltapes.bandcamp.com

You can also keep up with us on Instagram: @distress.signal.tapes

Thanks.
Last edited by modskint on 18 Feb 2024, 1:32am, edited 1 time in total.

modskint
Dirty Punk

Re: Distress Signal Tapes

Post by modskint »

MG_RELEASE_AD.jpg
UATS_IG_STORY.jpg