When one plus one equals negative fun! The talented-but-shitty bands thread

General music discussion.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: When one plus one equals negative fun! The talented-but-shitty bands thread

Post by revbob »

Just read about this

Dead Men Walking
are back with their most iconic songs, plus a new album!

Jake Burns, Kirk Brandon, Dave Ruffy, and Segs Jennings will soon set off for a tour of Ireland and the UK, starting on January 23 in Dublin. This supergroup of legendary punk singer songwriters will be performing acoustic versions of their hits by Stiff Little Fingers, Spear of Destiny/Theatre of Hate, and The Ruts/Ruts DC at these intimate, seated shows. With a massive catalogue of songs to choose from, DMW will deliver a raw, stripped-back interpretation of classic tracks from their respective albums and singles, a few surprises, and even a brand new song or two

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

revbob wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 6:49pm
Just read about this

Dead Men Walking

Jake Burns, Kirk Brandon, Dave Ruffy, and Segs Jennings will soon set off for a tour of Ireland and the UK, starting on January 23 in Dublin. This supergroup of legendary punk singer songwriters will be performing acoustic versions of their hits by Stiff Little Fingers, Spear of Destiny/Theatre of Hate, and The Ruts/Ruts DC at these intimate, seated shows. With a massive catalogue of songs to choose from, DMW will deliver a raw, stripped-back interpretation of classic tracks from their respective albums and singles, a few surprises, and even a brand new song or two
Looks good. Might mosey along to one of those.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
Just read about this

Dead Men Walking

Hello,

I posted some of their stuff a few posts back. They're not bad - not really original but solid, listenable. I'd go see them.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 7:33pm
revbob wrote:
Just read about this

Dead Men Walking

Hello,

I posted some of their stuff a few posts back. They're not bad - not really original but solid, listenable. I'd go see them.
It didn't quite register with me when you posted it. Mike Peters doesn't do much for me so that's probably why it didn't quite register. Quite a list of people there. Seems like one of those revolving door type things by design.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Men_Walking