Flex's Ultimate 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) World Cup: Quarterfinals - José vs Bowie/Bing vs The Kinks

General music discussion.

Vote For Your Top Song To Advance

Poll ended at 19 Dec 2022, 1:37am

José Feliciano - Feliz Navidad
18%
David Bowie/Bing Crosby - Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy
36%
The Kinks - Father Christmas
45%

Total votes: 11

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Flex's Ultimate 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) World Cup: Quarterfinals - José vs Bowie/Bing vs The Kinks

Post by Flex »

Okay, it's getting real now. I don't think we had any major upsets per se in the round of 17, although a few votes were surprisingly close. And the survivors of Group C ain't survivors anymore - total decimation of that group. Group D - the group of death - is now going to be in charge of challenging the survivors of Groups A and B. Let's see who's left standing after what I suspect will be a contentious quarterfinals. It started getting a bit chippy on the pitch in these last 24 hours. Keep it up, says I. Let's remember what the spirit of this exercise is all about: ruining Heston's Christmas. Let's get voting people!

Okay, dorks. We couldn't settle on Jose vs Bing and Bowie last round so this is a hot and steamy three-way. Lotta wrinkles. Anyways, go vote!

José Feliciano vs David Bowie/Bing Crosby vs The Kinks

José Feliciano - Feliz Navidad (nominated by oliver) 7 votes

"The only Christmas song I'm never sick of hearing"

David Bowie/Bing Crosby - Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy (nominated by Flex) 7 votes

"To me, this one exemplifies Christmas. David's in fine form here and elevates a sweet but musty only chestnut from Bing. The lyrics he comes up with are, in manym ways, capture what's best about the spirit of the season with its themes of universal peace, renewal and hope. A near-perfect blend of the sentimental, the profound and with enough idiosyncratic edge to separate it and elevate it above the rest of the pack."

The Kinks - Father Christmas (nominated by revbob) 12 votes
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Flex's Ultimate 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) World Cup: Quarterfinals - José vs Bowie/Bing vs The Kinks

Post by Silent Majority »

Err... Kinks.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Flex's Ultimate 25 Days of Christmas (Songs) World Cup: Quarterfinals - José vs Bowie/Bing vs The Kinks

Post by Flex »

I'll stick with my Bowie/Bing nomination even though I suspect both that and Jose are basically running into the buzzsaw of the Father Christmas juggernaut.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
16 Dec 2022, 3:04am
Err... Kinks.
The only logical choice