revbob wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 8:03am
Low Down Low wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 2:24am
revbob wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 11:44pm
'Paranoid' Surpasses One Billion Streams On SPOTIFY

https://blabbermouth.net/news/black-sab ... on-spotify
Might be just about able to afford a celebratory round of drinks for surviving band members from the earnings.
Maybe. What a shitty platform
The pits. Unless I'm mistaken, i think spotify pays the labels and the latter then pays the artist whatever way it makes arrangements so it's the industry really i guess. The whole thing sucks

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Paranoid

Post by revbob »

Low Down Low wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 8:25am
revbob wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:

Might be just about able to afford a celebratory round of drinks for surviving band members from the earnings.
The pits. Unless I'm mistaken, i think spotify pays the labels and the latter then pays the artist whatever way it makes arrangements so it's the industry really i guess. The whole thing sucks
Yeah, it's really in a lot of ways the same old shit. It works for the mega stars amd few others

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

revbob wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 8:38am
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:

Yeah, it's really in a lot of ways the same old shit. It works for the mega stars amd few others
Not sure it works for anyone but the mega corporations tbh, but the big artists like Taylor Swift or Neil Young can at least put two fingers up to them and make their own arrangements. The poor saps at the other end have little choice but to get stiffed sadly.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:

Perhaps the most destructive myth that we've been sold is that the experience of the superstar is just a heightened version of what all musicians (or actors or writers) experience, instead of the exception. Most are grinding it out under unfair conditions and an oversaturated market. But because the coverage of the music industry focuses on the superstars, it doesn't seem like it's an exploitative system where only a few prosper. I've mentioned a former friend, a talented writer, who dreamed of being Stephen King. Comfortable home, living off his writing and able to devote his time to his craft. I'd tell him that the vast majority of writers are plugging away at regular jobs and their passion is spent in their spare time. Very few writers get to the point of being a Stephen King. But that's the dream, that's the horizon that we're encouraged to run toward as if it's just and reachable.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 9:37am
revbob wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Perhaps the most destructive myth that we've been sold is that the experience of the superstar is just a heightened version of what all musicians (or actors or writers) experience, instead of the exception. Most are grinding it out under unfair conditions and an oversaturated market. But because the coverage of the music industry focuses on the superstars, it doesn't seem like it's an exploitative system where only a few prosper. I've mentioned a former friend, a talented writer, who dreamed of being Stephen King. Comfortable home, living off his writing and able to devote his time to his craft. I'd tell him that the vast majority of writers are plugging away at regular jobs and their passion is spent in their spare time. Very few writers get to the point of being a Stephen King. But that's the dream, that's the horizon that we're encouraged to run toward as if it's just and reachable.
Not unlike athletes who dream of becoming a pro.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 9:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Mar 2024, 9:37am
revbob wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
revbob wrote:

Not unlike athletes who dream of becoming a pro.
RIght—the funnelling process means very few go far. How many neighbourhood athletes excel in high school? How many high school athletes excel in college? How many college athletes are good enough to turn pro? How many pros have a long career? And how many of those become insanely wealthy? The odds are always very long. So even those chump pitchers who bounce around and bounce around—they've actually succeeded well beyond most of their peers. But we're conditioned to see them as meh, even laughable.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

That's pretty cool
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I can't evaluate until I see the "Another Girl Another Planet" one for comparison.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 3:56pm
I can't evaluate until I see the "Another Girl Another Planet" one for comparison.
It sucks

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 4:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It sucks
Your war against the song remains hilarious

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It sucks
You're probably right, but I've been assured that it's way better than "Paranoid."

Flex

Post by Flex »

We can all agree the blink 182 version of another girl another planet is the best, right?

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 4:28pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It sucks
Your war against the song remains hilarious
Every so often I listen to it because Im not completely infallible but that song is ok at best and can't come close to Paranoid. Id rather listen to post Dio Sabbath

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 4:34pm
We can all agree the blink 182 version of another girl another planet is the best, right?
I can't imagine Blink 182's version of anything would be best. Intensely mediocre … but whacky!