So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JohnS wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 9:51am
Thanks Doc! I couldn't get this to play back on the link offered at the pink flag forum.
Glad to increase my Wire collection by another 72 seconds from the Silver/Lead sessions.
I like it. In a Metal-Machine-Music-meets-air-raid-siren sort of way.
Very glad to help. You probably saw my comment on Pink Flag about the same problem—the preview link works, but no sound.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 9:56am
JohnS wrote:
Thanks Doc! I couldn't get this to play back on the link offered at the pink flag forum.
Glad to increase my Wire collection by another 72 seconds from the Silver/Lead sessions.
Very glad to help. You probably saw my comment on Pink Flag about the same problem—the preview link works, but no sound.
Wait - you're, you're...cheating on us?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 12:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Ha! It's a pretty no-nonsense board with very low activity. It's mostly various types of news—gig announcements, side project albums, etc. Exceedingly Limey dominated.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 1:08pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Ha! It's a pretty no-nonsense board with very low activity. It's mostly various types of news—gig announcements, side project albums, etc. Exceedingly Limey dominated.
Typical.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 1:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Feb 2018, 1:08pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Typical.
I've known Doc has been fooling around for ages. But yeah, hardly anything ever happens there, so at least take solace in the fact that he always comes home to us.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

New Bruce Gilbert album out in March: http://editionsmego.com/release/EMEGO-250

Some of his work has been unlistenable madness, some of it hypnotic genius. Either way, he'll get my money.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Saw this on a list of rumored upcoming 2018 Record Store Day releases:
Wire – Nine Sevens (9×7″ box – 1977-1980) 7″
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JoseUnidos wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 3:06pm
Whoa

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Kory wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 4:13pm
JoseUnidos wrote:
Whoa
more info:
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2018/0 ... store-day/

In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JoseUnidos wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 2:04pm
Kory wrote:
JoseUnidos wrote:
Whoa
more info:

What an odd sleeve to use, as it seems to refer to a more recent song, "Fishes Bones," not anything from the 70s. (Interesting, too, that Bruce is credited with the sleeve even tho he hasn't had anything to do with the group for almost fifteen years.) But for those who are into vinyl, the real gem in there, I think, is the 154 ep, which was a freebie included in initial pressings of 154, then appended to early cd versions of the album, but since left off. Each band member got their own song to do on it. So that'll be the first time those songs have been remastered. And I don't think "Question of Degree"—one of my top three Wire songs—has ever been remastered. All in all, worthwhile for vinyl fiends.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 2:13pm
JoseUnidos wrote:
Kory wrote:
JoseUnidos wrote:
Whoa
more info:

What an odd sleeve to use, as it seems to refer to a more recent song, "Fishes Bones," not anything from the 70s. (Interesting, too, that Bruce is credited with the sleeve even tho he hasn't had anything to do with the group for almost fifteen years.) But for those who are into vinyl, the real gem in there, I think, is the 154 ep, which was a freebie included in initial pressings of 154, then appended to early cd versions of the album, but since left off. Each band member got their own song to do on it. So that'll be the first time those songs have been remastered. And I don't think "Question of Degree"—one of my top three Wire songs—has ever been remastered. All in all, worthwhile for vinyl fiends.
Maybe it was Bruce's fish.

Man, I really hate waiting in line at RSD...I was hoping I could skip it, but this collection is worth it. Shit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 3:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JoseUnidos wrote:
Kory wrote:
JoseUnidos wrote:
Whoa
more info:

Man, I really hate waiting in line at RSD...I was hoping I could skip it, but this collection is worth it. Shit.
That link says that any unsold copies will be available via Wire's own store. Are they popular enough to sell out a fairly pricey set? I tend to think that you could still order it from them, but it would be a gamble.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 3:39pm
Kory wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 3:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JoseUnidos wrote:
Kory wrote:

Whoa
more info:

That link says that any unsold copies will be available via Wire's own store. Are they popular enough to sell out a fairly pricey set? I tend to think that you could still order it from them, but it would be a gamble.
You know me and gambling...

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 4:29pm
Time to stage another intervention?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
07 Mar 2018, 4:29pm
You never saw an inside straight that didn't justify going all-in on?