31 Mar 2020, 6:16am
101Walterton wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 5:32am
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 5:27am
101Walterton wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 5:24am

That’s touch and go.

Low Down Low you really picking Go For It over IM and Nobody’s Heroes?
"Go For It" is my fave SLF album and contains my fave tune of theirs "Piccadilly Circus".
I’m surprised.
I get why people like it so much as musically the band had improved and expanded but personally I was so grateful for them when IM was released I can’t get past it.
I like melody. I love IM but it is abrasive in places.
My mates and I were huge Pistols and first wave punk fans but we were just too young to be part of it. The Pistols imploded and lot of the other bands we liked were moving on. Then along came SLF and suddenly we had our punk band that we felt part of. We bought IM on release we went to see them live. You can’t beat those feelings.
I totally know what you mean. I was in a similar place with BAD. I missed the Clash years due to my age so when the first BAD album landed me and my mates were straight on board. It's that belonging that matters sometimes.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Re: Just the ticket!

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 6:39pm
101Walterton wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 6:06pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 5:27am

"Go For It" is my fave SLF album and contains my fave tune of theirs "Piccadilly Circus".
I’m surprised.
I get why people like it so much as musically the band had improved and expanded but personally I was so grateful for them when IM was released I can’t get past it.
My mates and I were huge Pistols and first wave punk fans but we were just too young to be part of it. The Pistols imploded and lot of the other bands we liked were moving on. Then along came SLF and suddenly we had our punk band that we felt part of. We bought IM on release we went to see them live. You can’t beat those feelings.
I totally know what you mean. I was in a similar place with BAD. I missed the Clash years due to my age so when the first BAD album landed me and my mates were straight on board. It's that belonging that matters sometimes.
Same reason I love 2 Tone. When it broke we were part of it from day one, it was ‘our’ scene.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 7:10pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

I’m surprised.
Same reason I love 2 Tone. When it broke we were part of it from day one, it was ‘our’ scene.
You should thank God every day you were born at a good time. I maintain the best ever year to be born is 1964 or 1965. I missed it by four years and I was landed with Spandau Balllet and Stock, Aitken and Waterman.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Heston wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 7:26pm
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:

You should thank God every day you were born at a good time. I maintain the best ever year to be born is 1964 or 1965. I missed it by four years and I was landed with Spandau Balllet and Stock, Aitken and Waterman.
My first ever gigs were Racey and Darts! Pretty big news at the time for the little hamlet i hailed from.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Low Down Low wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 7:49pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

My first ever gigs were Racey and Darts! Pretty big news at the time for the little hamlet i hailed from.
I loved Darts. Lay Your Love On Me by Racey is spectacular.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Heston wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 8:18pm
Low Down Low wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 7:49pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:

I loved Darts. Lay Your Love On Me by Racey is spectacular.
From memory i think they might have played Lay your Love three times that night, as part of two encores. Which was entirely fair enough far as i was concerned. Darts were my favourite band in the world for maybe a year or two.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:

You should be so lucky, lucky, lucky!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

AudioAmmunition
Dirty Punk

Post by AudioAmmunition »

Here's another ticket I've just come across held separately from my other stash for some reason. The story behind this gig is in the 'autographs' thread with a Steve Nieve autograph.
1983-11-01 - Elvis.jpg
1983-11-01 - Elvis.jpg (107.86 KiB) Viewed 1926 times

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

AudioAmmunition wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 8:23am
Here's another ticket I've just come across held separately from my other stash for some reason. The story behind this gig is in the 'autographs' thread with a Steve Nieve autograph.1983-11-01 - Elvis.jpg
Very nice. It's been years since I last saw EC. Would love to see him again.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia