13 Jun 2019, 3:10pm
matedog wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 3:07pm
BitterTom wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 1:43pm
matedog wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 10:15am
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5D8E775C
Super cool with me and was nice enough to pose for a photo. He did push us to go back in and watch the other bands, which was thoughtful for the other bands.
Are you tall or is he short?
Probably a bit of both.

As tall as I am, overlord Inder dwarfs me:
He certainly cuts an imposing figure.

Is that SM on the end? Where was this taken?
London. We got drunk. It was in my wilderness years.
Yikes, that was over six years ago. Time is a cruel mistress.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: I met a Sex Pistol tonight

Post by coffeepotman »

Great pics, I didn't want to bother him asking for a pic, I got to record All or Nothing and I was just in heaven from that

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I had the opportunity to meet Joe in 2000 when he was in Auckland with Meskies. I decided against it but now regret that decision.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 5:54pm
I had the opportunity to meet Joe in 2000 when he was in Auckland with Meskies. I decided against it but now regret that decision.
The year I met him. What a night.

My ticket stub is fading after 20 years but you can still make out "To John" on the left and his signature on the right. What an incedible hour me and my two mates spent in his company alongside a few others. The poor bloke was grilled to with an inch of his life by the 13 or so fans there, but he sat patiently answering every question with good grace, whilst handing out bottles of beer. I wish I hadn't been so pissed/stoned and I would remember more about the particulars. I do remember him saying he wish they'd kept the long coda to Inoculated City on Combat Rock. The thing I was taken aback by was how small he was in real life. I knew he wasn't the tallest but it's like that old thing about thinking Mick Jagger and Rod Stewart are 6 feet tall when in reality they are borderline dwarves.
strum1.jpg
strum1.jpg (54.39 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:33pm
101Walterton wrote:

My ticket stub is fading after 20 years but you can still make out "To John" on the left and his signature on the right. What an incedible hour me and my two mates spent in his company alongside a few others. The poor bloke was grilled to with an inch of his life by the 13 or so fans there, but he sat patiently answering every question with good grace, whilst handing out bottles of beer. I wish I hadn't been so pissed/stoned and I would remember more about the particulars. I do remember him saying he wish they'd kept the long coda to Inoculated City on Combat Rock. The thing I was taken aback by was how small he was in real life. I knew he wasn't the tallest but it's like that old thing about thinking Mick Jagger and Rod Stewart are 6 feet tall when in reality they are borderline dwarves.

strum1.jpg
Great story. I knew Joe was small and Jagger but thought Rod Stewart was a big bloke for some reason although I have met his ex missus and she is v tall !!!

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:37pm
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

strum1.jpg
Great story. I knew Joe was small and Jagger but thought Rod Stewart was a big bloke for some reason although I have met his ex missus and she is v tall !!!
3 feet 6 according to Wiki...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:43pm
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

strum1.jpg

He must like tall women cos that ain’t the one I met!!!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:45pm
Heston wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:43pm
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

strum1.jpg

He must like tall women cos that ain’t the one I met!!!
Attachments
AD3AED79-12D8-475C-86C1-C0AE7FDB9E45.jpeg

Heston

Post by Heston »

A proven midget from those 2 pics.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:55pm
With a voice like 60-grit sandpaper. There are plenty of singers I dig who are definitely acquired tastes, but I've never found Rod Stewart's voice anything but a war crime.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 6:59pm
Heston wrote:
With a voice like 60-grit sandpaper. There are plenty of singers I dig who are definitely acquired tastes, but I've never found Rod Stewart's voice anything but a war crime.
Yeah, and it's not like he had much decent material either.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Ah, those first few solo records along with the Faces, can't be touched, he was Rock and Roll. He was also the greatest waste of talent that I can think of. Pure crap and pure embarrassment for the past 40+ years. If he died in a plane crash in 1975 he would be worshiped now

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
To be fair she is tall. I was in an adjoining hotel room and she had no problem shifting the wardrobe across the connecting door after I established it wasn’t locked 😂

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 7:54pm
Heston wrote:
To be fair she is tall. I was in an adjoining hotel room and she had no problem shifting the wardrobe across the connecting door after I established it wasn’t locked 😂
:lol: We've been wrong in labelling Ratty the serial killer; it's you.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 10:15am
Super cool with me and was nice enough to pose for a photo. He did push us to go back in and watch the other bands, which was thoughtful for the other bands.
I took this pic back in 2012.