I met a Sex Pistol tonight

General music discussion.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: I met a Sex Pistol tonight

Post by JennyB »

101Walterton wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 5:54pm
I had the opportunity to meet Joe in 2000 when he was in Auckland with Meskies. I decided against it but now regret that decision.
I did as well in 1999. My very well be my life's biggest regret.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Yeah, Joe wasn’t that tall. I got a photo of me and him when the Mescies did an in-store HMV gig/signing session at the time Global was released....
My brother took the picture, using an old 35mm film camera (younger readers may need to google what that is) It wasn’t an SLR, just a cheapo snapshot job where the viewfinder didn’t show exactly what was in the lens....
And of course you had to get the film developed and printed (keep googling, kiddies, for full explanation)
When we got the photo back, Joe is framed perfectly- as are my body, shoulders and neck - while my head is cropped off entirely. My, how we laughed.
I’ve no idea where that pic is, nor am I in any rush to find it.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 10:57am
Yeah, Joe wasn’t that tall. I got a photo of me and him when the Mescies did an in-store HMV gig/signing session at the time Global was released....
My brother took the picture, using an old 35mm film camera (younger readers may need to google what that is) It wasn’t an SLR, just a cheapo snapshot job where the viewfinder didn’t show exactly what was in the lens....
And of course you had to get the film developed and printed (keep googling, kiddies, for full explanation)
When we got the photo back, Joe is framed perfectly- as are my body, shoulders and neck - while my head is cropped off entirely. My, how we laughed.
Don't worry mate I expect lots of people loose their head when meeting Joe. ;)

I met Joe twice and he was geniunely an all round great bloke. More interested in me and my life than talking about himself. This was when he first started working with Richard Norris.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Toppers Boppers
Long Time Jerk

Post by Toppers Boppers »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 11:22am
JohnS wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 10:57am
Don't worry mate I expect lots of people loose their head when meeting Joe. ;)

I met Joe twice and he was geniunely an all round great bloke. More interested in me and my life than talking about himself. This was when he first started working with Richard Norris.
For a teenage fan Joe was a gent, met him and the band briefly after two Clash shows in 80 and 81, queued up outside the stage doors and got let in. Amongst the backstage mayhem Joe hung around to chat and answer questions from one and all. A few years later tried to get backstage after Joe's Acton show but it was a no-go from security.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 10:41am
101Walterton wrote:
I had the opportunity to meet Joe in 2000 when he was in Auckland with Meskies. I decided against it but now regret that decision.
I put very (very) few celebrities on a pedestal but Joe was one and I didn’t want anything to spoil the high regard I held him in.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 6:30pm
JennyB wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I put very (very) few celebrities on a pedestal but Joe was one and I didn’t want anything to spoil the high regard I held him in.
You hear nothing but good reports about how Joe was with his fans, it's a shame you never just went for it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 6:42pm
101Walterton wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 6:30pm
JennyB wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
You hear nothing but good reports about how Joe was with his fans, it's a shame you never just went for it.
You are right hindsight is a wonderful thing 😞