Albums, how long is too long

General music discussion.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Albums, how long is too long

Post by tepista » 20 Jun 2008, 10:39pm

wmhp2 wrote: I hated taping an album on a C90 only to have one track forced onto side two of the tape.
that was the worst
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 21 Jun 2008, 1:35pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:45-50 mins is a good length. However, give your fans some value by adding bonus tracks—demos, remixes, live versions to max it out. For the album-oriented fiends, stop at the last cut proper. See, a happy medium.
The perfect answer.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Post by Wolter » 21 Jun 2008, 6:48pm

tepista wrote:
wmhp2 wrote: I hated taping an album on a C90 only to have one track forced onto side two of the tape.
that was the worst
Remember trying to add up song times when making mix tapes? I'm not a total math idiot, but I never got that right.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Jun 2008, 7:49pm

Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
that was the worst
Remember trying to add up song times when making mix tapes? I'm not a total math idiot, but I never got that right.
I wrote a little basic (as in the programming language) app on my Commodore 64 that added up times just for that purpose. :disshame:
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 21 Jun 2008, 8:21pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
that was the worst
I wrote a little basic (as in the programming language) app on my Commodore 64 that added up times just for that purpose. :disshame:
NERD!
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Jun 2008, 8:35pm

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
that was the worst
NERD!
I doubt even Flex has something that nerdish in his background. I also wrote a football strategy sim, both front office and game calling.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex » 21 Jun 2008, 8:51pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote: that was the worst
NERD!
I doubt even Flex has something that nerdish in his background. I also wrote a football strategy sim, both front office and game calling.
I did some programming in basic to create a dos-based program launcher for all my games and apps at the time. That would have been when I was using dos...
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Jun 2008, 9:03pm

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: Remember trying to add up song times when making mix tapes? I'm not a total math idiot, but I never got that right.
NERD!
I did some programming in basic to create a dos-based program launcher for all my games and apps at the time. That would have been when I was using dos...
Tep's gonna smack us around in the washroom at lunchtime. I'm holding it in till I get home.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil » 21 Jun 2008, 10:19pm

Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:
that was the worst
yeah, that and forgetting to advance the tape 3 or 4 seconds before starting the recording.

Toxana Mellor
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Toxana Mellor » 22 Jun 2008, 5:45am

I think if you're gonna have a long song, make it good, keep the listener on the edge of their seat, don't make it repetitive boring shit.

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 22 Jun 2008, 10:32am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: I wrote a little basic (as in the programming language) app on my Commodore 64 that added up times just for that purpose. :disshame:
NERD!
Tep's gonna smack us around in the washroom at lunchtime. I'm holding it in till I get home.
Dude, I'm gonna smack you around...

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex » 22 Jun 2008, 9:00pm

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: NERD!
Me or the worm?
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Jun 2008, 9:11pm

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: NERD!
I have no fear of a drama major who aspires to dress like Col. Sanders.

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 23 Jun 2008, 9:27am

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: I doubt even Flex has something that nerdish in his background. I also wrote a football strategy sim, both front office and game calling.
Me or the worm?
Can't it be both? :shifty:

Wormiac: I challenge you to a rib eating contest. Winner gets to kick the loser in the left one. Whichever left one he chooses.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 23 Jun 2008, 10:10am

Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote: I doubt even Flex has something that nerdish in his background. I also wrote a football strategy sim, both front office and game calling.
Me or the worm?
Can't it be both? :shifty:

Wormiac: I challenge you to a rib eating contest. Winner gets to kick the loser in the left one. Whichever left one he chooses.[/quote]

I accept on the proviso that I set the location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. (I don't like traveling much.)