Pub Ska EP Series

General music discussion.
Post Reply
101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 20923
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Pub Ska EP Series

Post by 101Walterton »

Anyone know what’s the story with this series of 7” bootleg(?) Eps?
Some great artists included Ian Dury, Amy Winehouse & The Specials etc..

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 45626
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Pub Ska EP Series

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 2:20am
Anyone know what’s the story with this series of 7” bootleg(?) Eps?
Some great artists included Ian Dury, Amy Winehouse & The Specials etc..
I think they started in or around 2008. The Amy Winehouse one may have been the first one, all of them mimicking the 2 Tone label. Each one with a different artist and a different genre of music. Example the Amy on is on the 2 Soul label while the Wilko Johnson one is on the 2 Blues label. I think they are strecthing it a bit calling them "The Ska EPs" the Wilko one is called the rhythm n' ska ep but I don't see too much ska in the tracks included on the ep. All seems an excuse to use the old 2 Tone sleeve design. Still fun I guess.
Attachments
R-1396211-1235933172.jpeg.jpg
R-1396211-1235933172.jpeg.jpg (86.73 KiB) Viewed 991 times
R-11423228-1516060081-6047.jpeg.jpg
R-11423228-1516060081-6047.jpeg.jpg (54.75 KiB) Viewed 991 times
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 45626
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Pub Ska EP Series

Post by Marky Dread »

The Amy Winehouse bootleg album may be a better purchace if you can find one. Notice the label name change again to 2 Thin.

A1 Monkey Man ( Ska Ep )
A2 Cupid ( Ska Ep )
A3 Hey Little Rich Girl ( Ska Ep )
A4 You're Wondering Now ( Ska Ep )
A5 Free Nelson Mandela ( Nelson Mandela Ep - Live At His 90th Birthday Gig )
B1 You're Wondering Now ( Specials Featuring Amy - Live )
B2 Ghost Town ( Specials Featuring Amy - Live )
B3 Cupid ( Deluxe Edition Version )
B4 Hey Little Rich Girl ( Live At Lollapalooza )
B5 Monkey Man ( Astoria London 2007 )
B6 Cupid ( Live At Lollapalooza )
Attachments
R-5014810-1382182582-2546.jpeg.jpg
R-5014810-1382182582-2546.jpeg.jpg (108.54 KiB) Viewed 989 times
R-5014810-1382182573-9748.jpeg.jpg
R-5014810-1382182573-9748.jpeg.jpg (68.51 KiB) Viewed 989 times
Last edited by Marky Dread on 12 Nov 2018, 9:37am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 45626
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Pub Ska EP Series

Post by Marky Dread »

Don't forget this one from back in the day. Which may have been the first to mimick the famous 2 Tone design.
Attachments
R-2387542-1281090214.jpeg.jpg
R-2387542-1281090214.jpeg.jpg (47.29 KiB) Viewed 984 times
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 11913
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: Pub Ska EP Series

Post by revbob »

Ive seen the Amy Winehouse offered by Jump Up Records out of Chicago. Dont seem to have it anymore though but they always have some interesting stuff and lots of good deals.

http://www.jumpuprecords.com/

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 20923
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Pub Ska EP Series

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 9:37am
Don't forget this one from back in the day. Which may have been the first to mimick the famous 2 Tone design.
Cheers Marky I really like that Lambrettas version too.
The other early 2 Tone copy is the Charlie Parkas - The Ballad Of Robin Hood.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53169
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Pub Ska EP Series

Post by Wolter »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 1:21pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 9:37am
Don't forget this one from back in the day. Which may have been the first to mimick the famous 2 Tone design.
Cheers Marky I really like that Lambrettas version too.
The other early 2 Tone copy is the Charlie Parkas - The Ballad Of Robin Hood.
Charlie Parkas is an inspired band name.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 20923
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Pub Ska EP Series

Post by 101Walterton »

Wolter wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 2:39pm
101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 1:21pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 9:37am
Don't forget this one from back in the day. Which may have been the first to mimick the famous 2 Tone design.
Cheers Marky I really like that Lambrettas version too.
The other early 2 Tone copy is the Charlie Parkas - The Ballad Of Robin Hood.
Charlie Parkas is an inspired band name.
A wasted band name


Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15646
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Pub Ska EP Series

Post by Silent Majority »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 11:32pm
Wolter wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 2:39pm
101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 1:21pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 9:37am
Don't forget this one from back in the day. Which may have been the first to mimick the famous 2 Tone design.
Cheers Marky I really like that Lambrettas version too.
The other early 2 Tone copy is the Charlie Parkas - The Ballad Of Robin Hood.
Charlie Parkas is an inspired band name.
A wasted band name

That's a band that is... fine.
there's a lot of wreckage in the ravine


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 20923
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Pub Ska EP Series

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Nov 2018, 3:16am
101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 11:32pm
Wolter wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 2:39pm
101Walterton wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 1:21pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 9:37am
Don't forget this one from back in the day. Which may have been the first to mimick the famous 2 Tone design.
Cheers Marky I really like that Lambrettas version too.
The other early 2 Tone copy is the Charlie Parkas - The Ballad Of Robin Hood.
Charlie Parkas is an inspired band name.
A wasted band name

That's a band that is... fine.
A band of merry men no less!

Post Reply