Rare CD shopping

General music discussion.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Rare CD shopping

Post by Kory »

I suppose I may be the only physical media person left here, but I'm looking for a particularly rare CD that I can't find for any price at the usual stops of Discogs, Amazon UK, eBay. Anyone know of other outlets for rare discs?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Rare CD shopping

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was going to suggest gemm.com, but I see that it's dead now. Really, tho, discogs and eBay cover both the professional and casual reseller market.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 7:05pm
I suppose I may be the only physical media person left here, but I'm looking for a particularly rare CD that I can't find for any price at the usual stops of Discogs, Amazon UK, eBay. Anyone know of other outlets for rare discs?
What's the CD? I don't wanna get all physical with you or anything. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Im still very much a physical media person. Have you tried any of the brick and mortar stores that deal in used and rare records/cds. Unfortunately there's not as many of them as there used to be.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
What is it I will keep an eye out for you?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 7:34pm
Kory wrote:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

101Walterton wrote:
Kory wrote:
Me too. I recently struck gold by tracking down a copy of that Sandpaper Blues compilation CD, which was thrown up by a random google search, after literally years of trawling eBay and discogs. Sometimes things surface in real-life stores and so on, rather than the usual online outlets.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

JohnS wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 9:52pm
101Walterton wrote:
Kory wrote:
Me too. I recently struck gold by tracking down a copy of that Sandpaper Blues compilation CD, which was thrown up by a random google search, after literally years of trawling eBay and discogs. Sometimes things surface in real-life stores and so on, rather than the usual online outlets.
Hello,

I haven't been there for a few years but Lou's Records (http://www.lousrecords.com/) in Encinitas, CA, has outstanding people working there. Email them. They'll will help somehow if possible.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Kory wrote:
1. You underestimate our oldness

and B) The Macerena isn't that rare.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

The CD is from Clark, called Throttle Monolith. I think they only made 1500 of them, and they came as a bonus with his second album, but only in Japan. I have tried a couple of Japanese outlets, plus all the brick and mortar stores both around me and in other states via their websites, but nobody has one, not even for those crazy thousand dollar prices you see on Amazon sometimes. Thanks for keeping an eye out, anyone that has it in mind when they're out and about!

https://www.discogs.com/Clark-Throttle- ... e/12315247

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

tepista wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 11:01pm
Kory wrote:
1. You underestimate our oldness

and B) The Macerena isn't that rare.
The remix I'm looking for is!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 11:20pm
The CD is from Clark, called Throttle Monolith. I think they only made 1500 of them, and they came as a bonus with his second album, but only in Japan. I have tried a couple of Japanese outlets, plus all the brick and mortar stores both around me and in other states via their websites, but nobody has one, not even for those crazy thousand dollar prices you see on Amazon sometimes. Thanks for keeping an eye out, anyone that has it in mind when they're out and about!

It's a weird longshot, but have you tried contacting the band to see if they have one kicking around?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 6:22am
Kory wrote:

It's a weird longshot, but have you tried contacting the band to see if they have one kicking around?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 6:25am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 6:22am
Kory wrote:

:lol: At least 50% of those had to be Jeff Foxworthy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:

Additional thought: At the discogs link, there are two members shown as having it, tho only one makes its identity known. Have you contacted that one?