Sex Pistols

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
30 Jul 2019, 6:20pm
Interesting that the Pistols were filmed performing two more songs on So It Goes that weren't broadcast. What a shame if these historical performances (the Pistols tv debut) were thrown in the studio bin.

From Dave Goodman's diary...

https://archive.is/20070928013852/http: ... t_1976.htm
I'm sure I've heard no further footage survives. There's no way they exist or they would've long since been bootlegged. Even the footage that does survive was edited. The band played on as mentioned past their allotted time but the feedback is cut with a shot of Rotten staring into the screen.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 4:06am
101Walterton wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 1:22am
There is also a great scene with Steve and Paul discussing the merits of (and eating) pie, mash and liquor.
Heston you will be pleased to see they pass on the jellied eels 😊
I actually watched it the other week but turned off when Lydon came on in the second half. Jones was great in it.
Finally getting around to watching this. Steve and Paul are great—wonderful tour guides, a bit humbled by their past. Glen's … fine. Lydon is so far up his ass, moaning about how *everything* was better in the past, everything sucks about modern London, and that he's so open-minded, etc. He's the barfly that the other regulars have learned to tune out.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 8:59am
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
There is also a great scene with Steve and Paul discussing the merits of (and eating) pie, mash and liquor.
I actually watched it the other week but turned off when Lydon came on in the second half. Jones was great in it.
Finally getting around to watching this. Steve and Paul are great—wonderful tour guides, a bit humbled by their past. Glen's … fine. Lydon is so far up his ass, moaning about how *everything* was better in the past, everything sucks about modern London, and that he's so open-minded, etc. He's the barfly that the other regulars have learned to tune out.
Steve hated being in London for that, as per his book. He hasn't been since.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 12:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 8:59am
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Steve hated being in London for that, as per his book. He hasn't been since.
I couldn't find that bit in his book, but I wonder if it's partly because of how much he was hating the Pistols tour at the time, with Lydon being full-on prima donna. That was when he mused about faking a spinal injury to get out of the rest of the shows.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I was having a drink in the local with my neighbour on Friday night. Worked out we both lived in same part of London for a couple of years in mid 80’s so we talked pubs and he used to work and live in a pub I frequented.
Interesting thing was the stories he told me about the pub including a regular who was great fun but always hammered and was once in the Sex Pistols!! My neighbour isn’t into music so didn’t know his name but spoke fondly of him and how friendly he was, taking him up to a club in the West End on a few occasions.
Pub was Warwick Castle so obviously it was Glen Matlock.
I knew Glen drank there but I never met him in there (sadly same can’t be said for Robbie Williams).

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
10 Aug 2019, 4:57pm
I was having a drink in the local with my neighbour on Friday night. Worked out we both lived in same part of London for a couple of years in mid 80’s so we talked pubs and he used to work and live in a pub I frequented.
Interesting thing was the stories he told me about the pub including a regular who was great fun but always hammered and was once in the Sex Pistols!! My neighbour isn’t into music so didn’t know his name but spoke fondly of him and how friendly he was, taking him up to a club in the West End on a few occasions.
Pub was Warwick Castle so obviously it was Glen Matlock.
I knew Glen drank there but I never met him in there (sadly same can’t be said for Robbie Williams).
Glen would occasionally work behind the bar to pay off his tab. Yep I drank in there a few times and met Glen there

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Steve Jones says he had a heart attack three months ago: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/sex-pis ... rt-attack/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 2:14pm
Steve Jones says he had a heart attack three months ago: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/sex-pis ... rt-attack/
Lots of lazy mistakes in that article. Wish Steve well.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 3:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Sex Pilots will always be my number one ponk ruck band.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 3:44pm
Silent Majority wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 3:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Sex Pilots will always be my number one ponk ruck band.
Chuck Yeager was bumped from the Mercury program for insisting all pilots were sex pilots.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
He has been off air and social media for months so that explains that. He was back last week and posted a video to Instagram. He looked good, lost some weight etc..

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
19 Dec 2019, 4:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He has been off air and social media for months so that explains that. He was back last week and posted a video to Instagram. He looked good, lost some weight etc..
I wasn't sure he could gain anymore.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Tomorrow I'm delivering my Sex Pistols lecture. In some respects, I've been waiting around 35 years do be able to do this. I probably should have written a more inclusive 1st gen punk lecture, but I'm indulging in both a fantastic narrative and talking about the band that altered the course of my life. A lot more music than I usually do, as well. Playing the Grundy interview, "God Save the Queen," and the last couple minutes of "No Fun" at Winterland. Then, after it's all over, I'm leaving them with this:

Martin Short's parody of Rotten is amazing.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 8:04pm
Tomorrow I'm delivering my Sex Pistols lecture. In some respects, I've been waiting around 35 years do be able to do this. I probably should have written a more inclusive 1st gen punk lecture, but I'm indulging in both a fantastic narrative and talking about the band that altered the course of my life. A lot more music than I usually do, as well. Playing the Grundy interview, "God Save the Queen," and the last couple minutes of "No Fun" at Winterland. Then, after it's all over, I'm leaving them with this:

Martin Short's parody of Rotten is amazing.
Have fun!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Good luck Doc and enjoy.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board