Sex Pistols

General music discussion.
Post Reply
101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16523
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Sex Pistols

Post by 101Walterton » 26 Oct 2018, 7:16pm

Couldn’t find a thread so started one.
Watched the doco Sex Pistols tour of London last night.
First half with Steve, Paul and Glen was great although a bit weird the way it was made to look like the 3 of them together although obviously Glenn wasn’t with them.
Steve and Paul were very endearing and genuine.
Second part with John got tedious and bit embarrassing?

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Oct 2018, 8:10pm

Never heard of this, but just dl'd it. I imagine it's something that will be better appreciated by those intimate with London.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16523
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by 101Walterton » 26 Oct 2018, 11:21pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 8:10pm
Never heard of this, but just dl'd it. I imagine it's something that will be better appreciated by those intimate with London.
I watched on YouTube. Gives a good insight into their backgrounds but also the Pistols in and around Soho etc. Interesting to see and hear about those legendary venues they played in the early days.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16523
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by 101Walterton » 27 Oct 2018, 1:22am

There is also a great scene with Steve and Paul discussing the merits of (and eating) pie, mash and liquor.
Heston you will be pleased to see they pass on the jellied eels 😊

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28013
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Heston » 27 Oct 2018, 4:06am

101Walterton wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 1:22am
There is also a great scene with Steve and Paul discussing the merits of (and eating) pie, mash and liquor.
Heston you will be pleased to see they pass on the jellied eels 😊
I actually watched it the other week but turned off when Lydon came on in the second half. Jones was great in it.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

white man
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 851
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by white man » 27 Oct 2018, 4:10am

Heston wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 4:06am
101Walterton wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 1:22am
There is also a great scene with Steve and Paul discussing the merits of (and eating) pie, mash and liquor.
Heston you will be pleased to see they pass on the jellied eels 😊
I actually watched it the other week but turned off when Lydon came on in the second half. Jones was great in it.
It was embarrassing when he insulted the lad up on the scaffolding

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13708
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Silent Majority » 27 Oct 2018, 4:51am

Heston wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 4:06am
101Walterton wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 1:22am
There is also a great scene with Steve and Paul discussing the merits of (and eating) pie, mash and liquor.
Heston you will be pleased to see they pass on the jellied eels 😊
I actually watched it the other week but turned off when Lydon came on in the second half. Jones was great in it.
I've started downloading his KLOS podcast. Great radio to have on when you don't wanna pay much attention. He's as good as Terry Wigan, which is a huge compliment.
Ain't no man in this land
Who gets up and works for fifty grand


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16523
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by 101Walterton » 27 Oct 2018, 5:20am

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 4:51am
Heston wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 4:06am
101Walterton wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 1:22am
There is also a great scene with Steve and Paul discussing the merits of (and eating) pie, mash and liquor.
Heston you will be pleased to see they pass on the jellied eels 😊
I actually watched it the other week but turned off when Lydon came on in the second half. Jones was great in it.
I've started downloading his KLOS podcast. Great radio to have on when you don't wanna pay much attention. He's as good as Terry Wigan, which is a huge compliment.
Yes Iwatch them onYoutube. He’s fun to listen to and very honest.

coffeepotman
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 675
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by coffeepotman » 27 Oct 2018, 7:18am

That doc is an extra on the There Will Always be an England DVD, watched it once, didn't find it interesting or genuine. The Brixton concert was pretty damn good

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16523
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by 101Walterton » 27 Oct 2018, 4:51pm

I thought it was great when they went into the old Denmark Street rehearsal room which is now occupied by a swanky design company or advertising (can’t remember) and all John’s old drawings of the band and graffiti are still all over the walls.

C1ashCityRockr
Corner Soul
Posts: 48
Joined: 22 Dec 2017, 7:55pm

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by C1ashCityRockr » 28 Oct 2018, 3:00pm

Ha. Apropos of the conversation we're having in the other thread, this should also provide some inspiration. Thanks!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38288
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Marky Dread » 14 Nov 2018, 1:23am

I read recently that Steve was bad mouthing Glen again. Calling him a mummy's boy etc. Yeah but Steve you were a tow bob thief who sucked someone's dick so I guess being a mummy's boy ain't so bad.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16523
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by 101Walterton » 14 Nov 2018, 2:19am

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 1:23am
I read recently that Steve was bad mouthing Glen again. Calling him a mummy's boy etc. Yeah but Steve you were a tow bob thief who sucked someone's dick so I guess being a mummy's boy ain't so bad.
Bit harsh Marky, Steve Jones was the victim of a paedophile.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38288
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Sex Pistols

Post by Marky Dread » 14 Nov 2018, 4:15am

101Walterton wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 2:19am
Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 1:23am
I read recently that Steve was bad mouthing Glen again. Calling him a mummy's boy etc. Yeah but Steve you were a tow bob thief who sucked someone's dick so I guess being a mummy's boy ain't so bad.
Bit harsh Marky, Steve Jones was the victim of a paedophile.
True he was his a victim of his step-dad and the nonce in the subway. But Steve also says in his book how he got another kid to suck him off in a train carriage for 50p. It's all really grim and sordid stuff and I'm not blaming Steve for his shitty upbringing. All I was getting at was people who live in glass houses...
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JohnS and 13 guests