Gen X Eel pie demos

General music discussion.
Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Gen X Eel pie demos

Post by Telecaster »

There's a great demo tape of Gen X on YouTube with Steve New on guitar. It's pre the Kiss Me Deadly album and has got some great if not better versions of Untouchables and Dancing With Myself on it.

Does anyone know why these versions never made the anthology or Kiss Me Deadly remasters?

Is there anything else with Steve New in the band?

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Re: Gen X Eel pie demos

Post by Telecaster »

Looking around for information on Billy Idol, Generation X.There were rumours of a Christmas release of a remastered box set of the 1st Generation X album.
They mention a monitor mix that might be included.
No recent information since May, but Tony James was involved along with Idol.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Telecaster wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 5:13am
There's a great demo tape of Gen X on YouTube with Steve New on guitar. It's pre the Kiss Me Deadly album and has got some great if not better versions of Untouchables and Dancing With Myself on it.

Does anyone know why these versions never made the anthology or Kiss Me Deadly remasters?

Is there anything else with Steve New in the band?
Because they chose to go with the early scrapped album "Sweet Revenge" and having the demos would've meant too much replication.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

Good point. Maybe they could have used them as bonus tracks to the Kiss Me Deadly remasters?

Hopefully, the next set of reissues will included some of these sessions. From what I've read, Billy and Tony have been working together, on the back of the recent Billy Idol remastered vinyl.

Tony had mentioned, that the 1st album was going to be released before Christmas in some sort of deluxe package. Yet there's not been any update since.

Also, there have been hints of an Idol/James, Jones/Cook collaboration. Playing a mix of Pistols, Professionals and Gen X material.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Telecaster wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 4:27am
Good point. Maybe they could have used them as bonus tracks to the Kiss Me Deadly remasters?

Hopefully, the next set of reissues will included some of these sessions. From what I've read, Billy and Tony have been working together, on the back of the recent Billy Idol remastered vinyl.

Tony had mentioned, that the 1st album was going to be released before Christmas in some sort of deluxe package. Yet there's not been any update since.

Also, there have been hints of an Idol/James, Jones/Cook collaboration. Playing a mix of Pistols, Professionals and Gen X material.
Idol and James were on Steve Jones radio show together.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 4:49am
Telecaster wrote:

Yeah that's where it was mentioned. Personally I doubt it will happen as the been meaning to do something like forever but never quite get around to it. Plus it would only be live stuff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 9:40am
101Walterton wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 4:49am
Telecaster wrote:

Yeah that's where it was mentioned. Personally I doubt it will happen as the been meaning to do something like forever but never quite get around to it. Plus it would only be live stuff.
Listening to Jones on his show he gives the impression he won’t do live again (certainly not Pistols).

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

There's a post on The Professionals COOK N JONES Facebook page, which suggests some fuel to the fire. I'm not a Facebook user, so I don't know how to add here. The post is dated around the 23th September.

Thank you for the replies so far.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Telecaster wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 3:16pm
There's a post on The Professionals COOK N JONES Facebook page, which suggests some fuel to the fire. I'm not a Facebook user, so I don't know how to add here. The post is dated around the 23th September.

Thank you for the replies so far.
Generation Sex. Says dates to be announced but yes that post is dated 23/9/18.
Great poster BTW :shifty: (bit inappropriate ATM).