Devo Question

General music discussion.
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Devo Question

Post by dave202 »

Are the three singles which were released on Stiff in the UK available anywhere? The first two, Jocko Homo and Satisfaction, are available in re-recorded form all over the place, but where do I look for the originals on cd?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Devo Question

Post by Wolter »

I think you can get the originals on Pioneers Who Got Scalped.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Wolter wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 12:50pm
Thanks, I didn't know about that compilation. I've had a quick look and Jocko Homo / Mongoloid are the Booji Boy originals, Be Stiff is the Stiff version, but the other three tracks released through Stiff are still lost out there.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

dave202 wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 8:40am
Wolter wrote:
Thanks, I didn't know about that compilation. I've had a quick look and Jocko Homo / Mongoloid are the Booji Boy originals, Be Stiff is the Stiff version, but the other three tracks released through Stiff are still lost out there.
I could be mistaken, but I thought Stiff just licensed the Booji Boy tracks in the UK.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Wolter wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 8:45am
dave202 wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I could be mistaken, but I thought Stiff just licensed the Booji Boy tracks in the UK.
That's right, that's why I said "released through". They also leased the original version of Satisfaction (with Sloppy (I Saw My Baby Getting) on the b-side) which is different from the album version produced by Brian Eno. Social Fools from the Stiff single is another lost track.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

dave202 wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 8:54am
Wolter wrote:
dave202 wrote:
Wolter wrote:
That's right, that's why I said "released through". They also leased the original version of Satisfaction (with Sloppy (I Saw My Baby Getting) on the b-side) which is different from the album version produced by Brian Eno. Social Fools from the Stiff single is another lost track.
Hmm...I think I have those tracks on something. But I’m not sure what.

hairydot61
Junco Partner

Post by hairydot61 »

Wolter wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 9:19am
dave202 wrote:
Wolter wrote:
dave202 wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Per chance?, don't think they had a CD version, cheers
https://www.discogs.com/Devo-B-Stiff/master/171631
. "Bikini Reds a state of mind,
I'm in a state and She don't mind"
  • Comforting the Disturbed and
    Disturbing the Comfortable

>>>>The Caped Curator<<<<

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

hairydot61 wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 12:50pm
Wolter wrote:
dave202 wrote:
Wolter wrote:
dave202 wrote:

Looks like every track except Social Fool is available on CD. I think I have a live version of that on Devo Live. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/B_Stiff_EP

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Wolter wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 2:05pm
hairydot61 wrote:
Wolter wrote:
dave202 wrote:
Wolter wrote:

Looks like every track except Social Fool is available on CD. I think I have a live version of that on Devo Live. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/B_Stiff_EP
and Social Fool is on Hardcore, but it's a different version
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 6:31pm
Wolter wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 2:05pm
hairydot61 wrote:
Wolter wrote:
dave202 wrote:

and Social Fool is on Hardcore, but it's a different version
THAT’S where I had it.