Songs that I hate...

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Songs that I hate...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 6:47pm
"It's My Life" by Bon Jovi is definitely the worst song of all time.

Every line in the song is so cliched it could quite happily slip into an internet meme of your choice. The way they reference "Tommy and Gina" from their earlier piece of shit song is nauseating. The way they use that stupid "mouth guitar" gimmick again. The fucking full stop innate shitness about them in general. The way Jon Bon Jovi cut his hair in the mid nineties and started trying to be Bruce Springsteen. The way the fucking guitarist prances about singing those shrill over-high backing vocals. The key changes towards the end of every fucking song. The utter cunts. I bet Flex likes them.
The random bitterness there perfectly sells the rant.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 6:55pm
Heston wrote:

Every line in the song is so cliched it could quite happily slip into an internet meme of your choice. The way they reference "Tommy and Gina" from their earlier piece of shit song is nauseating. The way they use that stupid "mouth guitar" gimmick again. The fucking full stop innate shitness about them in general. The way Jon Bon Jovi cut his hair in the mid nineties and started trying to be Bruce Springsteen. The way the fucking guitarist prances about singing those shrill over-high backing vocals. The key changes towards the end of every fucking song. The utter cunts. I bet Flex likes them.
The random bitterness there perfectly sells the rant.
:lol:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:

Wow you've clearly listened to them way to much. Another band I've been able to mostly ignore. I can mostly tune them out if they are being played.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:03pm
Heston wrote:

Wow you've clearly listened to them way to much. Another band I've been able to mostly ignore. I can mostly tune them out if they are being played.
I just checked and it only got to number 33 in the US. It was a massive hit all over Europe and I hear it about 37 times a year on the radio. Maybe it's a familiarity thing.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

C1ashCityRockr
Dirty Punk

Post by C1ashCityRockr »

Flex wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 4:24pm
Bigoted shit from a band that's otherwise great. I like to think that it's ignorance born partly of its time
See also: the recording of the Clash in the NYC radio station where Paul's dumbass sings along to YMCA with the lyrics "Why are you gay?"

I blush from embarrassment whenever I hear it, even if no one else is around.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

C1ashCityRockr wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:11pm
Flex wrote:
Bigoted shit from a band that's otherwise great. I like to think that it's ignorance born partly of its time
See also: the recording of the Clash in the NYC radio station where Paul's dumbass sings along to YMCA with the lyrics "Why are you gay?"

Isn't that Kosmo and Topper?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

C1ashCityRockr
Dirty Punk

Post by C1ashCityRockr »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:13pm
C1ashCityRockr wrote:
Flex wrote:

Is it? I never actually knew who was in the room, just always assumed that was Paul's voice.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:13pm
C1ashCityRockr wrote:
Flex wrote:

I think it was. Unfortunately wouldn't have been that shocking at the time.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

C1ashCityRockr
Dirty Punk

Post by C1ashCityRockr »

Literally anything by Fleetwood Mac... I had to sit through "The Chain" the other day and I wanted to jump out a window. I will always despise that band.

Also some awful song by Portugal.The Man about 1966.

To say nothing of more generic club/EDM trash.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:06pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

I just checked and it only got to number 33 in the US. It was a massive hit all over Europe and I hear it about 37 times a year on the radio. Maybe it's a familiarity thing.
Yeah I mostly avoid the radio to listen to music.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

C1ashCityRockr wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:19pm
Literally anything by Fleetwood Mac... I had to sit through "The Chain" the other day and I wanted to jump out a window. I will always despise that band.

This is the Fleetwood Mac I dig.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:21pm
Heston wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:06pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:

Yeah I mostly avoid the radio to listen to music.
It's a work thing, I'm stuck with it.

C1ashCityRockr
Dirty Punk

Post by C1ashCityRockr »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:30pm
C1ashCityRockr wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 7:19pm

This is the Fleetwood Mac I dig.

Nice one, thanks. That iteration's not the worst fucking thing to be recorded, unlike every other note of theirs that followed the arrival of Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. However, I'll always hate everything that band touches, up to and including their own history.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:

101Hesterton

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:

Agreed. I'd rather listen to the far superior It's My Life by Talk Talk.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy