Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 12:40pm
Heston wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 6:37pm
Heston wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 2:34pm

Now I like Wild Boys, probably their last good single.
That one killed my interest in the band, confirmed by that James Bond song they did.
It was a bit like the production started to overpower the tunes at that point. Those puking noises on The Reflex are insane. I think Nile Rogers must have been pretty high at the time.
Duran Duran a teenybop puking group.
...to a point, but then again - they're still out there making some decent music. I appreciate their tenacity. They could have long since folded up shop and coasted - but they're still putting themselves out there - trying to sound relevant - while not ignoring their past.
It wasn't an attack on Duran Duran but a Joe Strummer/Clash reference.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Songs that I hate...

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 12:48pm
WestwayKid wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 12:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 12:40pm
Heston wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 6:37pm

That one killed my interest in the band, confirmed by that James Bond song they did.
It was a bit like the production started to overpower the tunes at that point. Those puking noises on The Reflex are insane. I think Nile Rogers must have been pretty high at the time.
Duran Duran a teenybop puking group.
...to a point, but then again - they're still out there making some decent music. I appreciate their tenacity. They could have long since folded up shop and coasted - but they're still putting themselves out there - trying to sound relevant - while not ignoring their past.
It wasn't an attack on Duran Duran but a Joe Strummer/Clash reference.
10-4! :)
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 12:17pm
Well, I heard a song the other day that refuses to go away...that Thunder song by (I think) Imagine Dragons. It's so awful it makes Kokomo sound like Ziggy Stardust.
I’m with you.

My most hated song in recent years without a doubt has to be Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger.
That bit in the chorus where he sings “move” by going up and down the scale makes me just want to punch his lights out.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 3:42pm
JennyB wrote:
Well, I heard a song the other day that refuses to go away...that Thunder song by (I think) Imagine Dragons. It's so awful it makes Kokomo sound like Ziggy Stardust.
I’m with you.

My most hated song in recent years without a doubt has to be Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger.
That bit in the chorus where he sings “move” by going up and down the scale makes me just want to punch his lights out.
101Mangione

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 3:42pm
JennyB wrote:
I’m with you.

Good God, it's awful. I hate that exact same bit.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
I think I know which one you're talking about. Hideous stuff. The kind of thing to end friendships over.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 4:14pm
JennyB wrote:
I think I know which one you're talking about. Hideous stuff. The kind of thing to end friendships over.
The chorus of that song (and yes - it is by Imagine Dragons) is just horrible.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
We have a resale shop affiliated with my organization, and I was in there the first time I heard it. I wanted to set fire to the place.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JennyB wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 4:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
We have a resale shop affiliated with my organization, and I was in there the first time I heard it. I wanted to set fire to the place.
:fuck:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Every year, on first day of class, I ask students their favourite song and band. Somebody picked that this year. If nothing else, I proved that I can separate my music fan role from instructor role by saying nothing negative.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 1:13pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Every year, on first day of class, I ask students their favourite song and band. Somebody picked that this year. If nothing else, I proved that I can separate my music fan role from instructor role by saying nothing negative.
You are a better person than I. I would have thrown them out of the class. Literally. Like out the 10 story window.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 2:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
You are a better person than I. I would have thrown them out of the class. Literally. Like out the 10 story window.
I've had at least one Rush fan every time I've taught the class. My skin has thickened.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 2:09pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've had at least one Rush fan every time I've taught the class. My skin has thickened.
:mrgreen: Have any stood out as being exceptional picks?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 2:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Exceptional pricks? Actually, I've quite liked all those Rush fans—one is writing about them this year and it seems quite promising—so it confounds the idea that artistic taste and character are connected.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 2:17pm
JennyB wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 2:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Exceptional pricks? Actually, I've quite liked all those Rush fans—one is writing about them this year and it seems quite promising—so it confounds the idea that artistic taste and character are connected.
Let me rephrase that - anyone choose a good song?
Got a Rake? Sure!