I remeber Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General music discussion.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: I remeber Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:I already called a booking agency to see if I can get them to play the Dillon Amphitheater.
You might luck out and have only Doyle show up.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:I'm less amenable to post-Danzig Misfits overall, but I tend to agree with all of this. Especially the bold. They make fairly middling horror-punk of the sub-Ramones ilk, but there's nothing wrong with being run-of-the-mill if you remove the Misfits name. Just like if the those forgettable Specials albums after the reunion were put out as a different band name, I'd be more amenable to them.
And you agree that Jerry Only and Mike Love collaborating on "Kokomo - 2017 Version" would be solid gold, right?
Kokomo the Konquerer
Has anyone actually listened to the Only boys' second band?
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Bankrobber wrote:
revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:I'm less amenable to post-Danzig Misfits overall, but I tend to agree with all of this. Especially the bold. They make fairly middling horror-punk of the sub-Ramones ilk, but there's nothing wrong with being run-of-the-mill if you remove the Misfits name. Just like if the those forgettable Specials albums after the reunion were put out as a different band name, I'd be more amenable to them.
And you agree that Jerry Only and Mike Love collaborating on "Kokomo - 2017 Version" would be solid gold, right?
Kokomo the Konquerer
Has anyone actually listened to the Only boys second band?
I have not but when I saw Danzig back in 88? There were people handing out KTK flyers or Doyle fan club flyers.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Don't say I never did anything for ya.

Thunda thrusta! :yuck:

I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

I downloaded their album a while back. It's...not good.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Gotta head out to a Halloween party tonight and I will spend the whole night wishing I was on my couch watching Plan 9 From Outer Space. Is this aging?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:Gotta head out to a Halloween party tonight and I will spend the whole night wishing I was on my couch watching Plan 9 From Outer Space. Is this aging?
Yes. The next stage is making a lame excuse not to go to the party. The stage after that is not being invited because everyone knows you won't go.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:Gotta head out to a Halloween party tonight and I will spend the whole night wishing I was on my couch watching Plan 9 From Outer Space. Is this aging?
Yes. The next stage is making a lame excuse not to go to the party. The stage after that is not being invited because everyone knows you won't go.
I like stage 2, but it's always nice to be invited.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Stage 3 is one of my most satisfying accomplishments. My anxieties become entirely self-generated and don't require other people to spur them on.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Stage 3 is one of my most satisfying accomplishments. My anxieties become entirely self-generated and don't require other people to spur them on.
I was invited to something spur of the moment yesterday. Almost everyone there would have been either a friend or a positive acquaintance. I have never felt so awkward having to turn something down, even though there was no way in hell I was going.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Happy Halloween everyone!

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

My Halloween party was seeing the Damned two days in a row over the weekend...Btw they were fucking incredible

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Bankrobber wrote:http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/0xkAAOSw~ ... s-l300.jpg

Danzig, during reunion, pointing to giant stage prop versions of this pumpkin: "if you had this pumpkin at your house for Halloween and your neighbors didn't like it, you could say FUCK YOU this is my pumpkin."

True story. Happy Halloween!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

HAPPY REMEBERWEEN!

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Flex wrote:
Bankrobber wrote:http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/0xkAAOSw~ ... s-l300.jpg

Danzig, during reunion, pointing to giant stage prop versions of this pumpkin: "if you had this pumpkin at your house for Halloween and your neighbors didn't like it, you could say FUCK YOU this is my pumpkin."

True story. Happy Halloween!
Oh, Danzig. He has a way with words. Reminds me of his stage banter on Evilive: "We gotta tune up. We pound these fuckin' guitars like they're fuckin'...jackhammers."

Yeah Glenn, that doesn't really make sense.