Marky's Other uploads.

General music discussion.
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Marky's Other uploads.

Post by dave202 »

JohnS wrote:
23 May 2018, 1:18pm
A lot of those NME freebie cassettes were pretty interesting, at least the early ones. Like the Pogo A Gogo one, they often had a lot of exclusive tracks - e.g. the Dancin Master one had a live track from The Jam which never got issued anywhere else.
And they used to print inserts in the paper itself to go with the cassettes - I'd forgotten about these but some of them are uploaded with the image scans at discogs

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Dancin- ... ase/952541

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Mighty- ... ase/952567
The Jam track eventually got released on Live Jam in 1993, which also gave album releases for the EP which came with initial copies of 'Going Underground'. The whole of the gig the Jam track came from is available in Fire And Skill.
The NME tapes were great releases, and aside from some exclusive tracks, some of the thematic compilations were brilliant. The 'Smile Jamaica' was a great history of the music from the island, the Greensleeves compilation too. And 'Hit The Road Stax' captured a tour I was too young to remember.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
24 May 2018, 7:14am
Marky Dread wrote:
23 May 2018, 12:16pm
dave202 wrote:
23 May 2018, 12:07pm
This looks very interesting. Many thanks.
Report back when you've had a listen.
I played it through last night and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Thanks again.
:cool:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2018, 3:01am
Flex wrote:
23 May 2018, 10:26pm
Phenomenal, thanks for the fresh E.C. Marky! That's a guy who - while I'm familiar with most his studio output - I haven't explored boots/other stuff in the same way I have, say, The Clash so this is some deep diving that I'm long overdue for.
The guy is so prolific and has come up with some awesome stuff over the years. Just when you think he's hittin a low he comes out with something that blows your socks off.

Edit: I hope Wolt has downloaded this as I know he loves EC.
One of my favourite EC boot is from Glastonbury in 87, amazing performance, most of it just him, a guitar and a boombox..Fantastic show

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Cleaned these up ...I dig the Beatles but I'm sure glad Weller dug Dr. Feelgood.

https://mega.nz/#!Ss9ykRZb!odsafEu2b02c ... eTnkaNGfvA
Attachments
The Jam - Gettin' By In Time - Studio Demos 1975-1976 [1].jpg
The Jam - Gettin' By In Time - Studio Demos 1975-1976 [1].jpg (439.59 KiB) Viewed 6381 times
The Jam - Gettin' By In Time - Studio Demos 1975-1976 [3].jpg
The Jam - Gettin' By In Time - Studio Demos 1975-1976 [3].jpg (494.39 KiB) Viewed 6381 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Cheers Marky. Just spotted this on Facebook;

Today, Friday May 25th, Paul Weller celebrates his 60th birthday and to mark this momentous occasion, Paul has a special treat in store for his fans with the release of a beautiful new tune Aspects. Get a free download of Aspects now at paulweller.com

The string-laden, largely acoustic and Nick Drake-esque Aspects is a taster for Paul’s hotly anticipated 14th solo studio album True Meanings which will be released later this year and from the sound of this track alone, promises to be a truly special release.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
25 May 2018, 4:17pm
Cheers Marky. Just spotted this on Facebook;

Today, Friday May 25th, Paul Weller celebrates his 60th birthday and to mark this momentous occasion, Paul has a special treat in store for his fans with the release of a beautiful new tune Aspects. Get a free download of Aspects now at paulweller.com

The string-laden, largely acoustic and Nick Drake-esque Aspects is a taster for Paul’s hotly anticipated 14th solo studio album True Meanings which will be released later this year and from the sound of this track alone, promises to be a truly special release.
Cheers Phil will check it out. :approve:
Last edited by Marky Dread on 25 May 2018, 7:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

For Oliver. Thanks again for sharing these TeddyB. I will give myself a pat on the back for a slight mix and making the artwork.

https://mega.nz/#!7ttwiDiR!jMqspcCmbhWW ... MVkMWQu2Fk
Attachments
Big Audio Dynamite II - Ally Pally 10-08-90 (1).jpg
Big Audio Dynamite II - Ally Pally 10-08-90 (1).jpg (688.03 KiB) Viewed 6349 times
Big Audio Dynamite II - Ally Pally 10-08-90 (2).jpg
Big Audio Dynamite II - Ally Pally 10-08-90 (2).jpg (494.01 KiB) Viewed 6349 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Attachments
Big Audio Dynamite II - Paradiso, Amsterdam 25-03-90 (1).jpg
Big Audio Dynamite II - Paradiso, Amsterdam 25-03-90 (1).jpg (598.29 KiB) Viewed 6348 times
Big Audio Dynamite II - Paradiso, Amsterdam 25-03-90 (2) [2].jpg
Big Audio Dynamite II - Paradiso, Amsterdam 25-03-90 (2) [2].jpg (601.66 KiB) Viewed 6348 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Thanks as always, Marky. Photos from Mick's BAD years never fail to inspire a "didn't he own a mirror?" notion.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 May 2018, 4:50pm
Thanks as always, Marky. Photos from Mick's BAD years never fail to inspire a "didn't he own a mirror?" notion.
Mick's-A-Hippie-Burning...indeed.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Yes! Back to some BAD, I've been listening to these for a while since TB uploaded them so I am eagerly awaiting to hear what you have done with them

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
25 May 2018, 6:52pm
Yes! Back to some BAD, I've been listening to these for a while since TB uploaded them so I am eagerly awaiting to hear what you have done with them
Easy answer is nothing mate. They are the same. I already remixed them first time around. I have only uploaded them because Oliver requested them. They need no more work. Sorry for any confusion. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

coffeepotman wrote:
24 May 2018, 10:44am
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
Phenomenal, thanks for the fresh E.C. Marky! That's a guy who - while I'm familiar with most his studio output - I haven't explored boots/other stuff in the same way I have, say, The Clash so this is some deep diving that I'm long overdue for.
The guy is so prolific and has come up with some awesome stuff over the years. Just when you think he's hittin a low he comes out with something that blows your socks off.

One of my favourite EC boot is from Glastonbury in 87, amazing performance, most of it just him, a guitar and a boombox..Fantastic show
I was at that. EC was great, and everyone seemed to be expecting the second part of his performance to be with Los Lobos, so The Attractions came as a welcome surprise. They kicked off with 'Knowing Me, Knowing You, and it sounded great. I've never heard a boot of that and would love to.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
26 May 2018, 10:18am
coffeepotman wrote:
24 May 2018, 10:44am
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:

I was at that. EC was great, and everyone seemed to be expecting the second part of his performance to be with Los Lobos, so The Attractions came as a welcome surprise. They kicked off with 'Knowing Me, Knowing You, and it sounded great. I've never heard a boot of that and would love to.
I don't have that show but would also love to hear it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »