Marky's Other uploads.

General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Marky's Other uploads.

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 May 2018, 3:03pm
I have a FLAC converter that came with my laptop but it's a bitch to use. As soon as you line up a few tracks it just breaks down. Can get there eventually though.
Try this on for size mate.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/flacsq ... p_redirect
[/quote]

Cheers mate, will investigate.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 May 2018, 3:09pm
So JohnS I checked through all my boots/DVD's etc. I did indeed have those soundchecks from the "Unloved Songs" in Flac and decided to compile all the great odds & sods from '76-'79. Big job but I'm well chuffed with the results.
Okay next up is this beauty and essential for any Costello fan. Another absolute labour of love from me
https://mega.nz/#!60VxkBQC!BupmH9zU9UU6 ... PjjSkjiC5E
Well, what can I say - what a great start to the day. Plenty of 'strangers' here, for me, too: I haven't heard that 'organ mix' of Less Than Zero before (although discogs says it was used on the Bunch of Stiffs LP which I had once) and the El Mocambo encores are new to me also. Marvellous.
And I always chuckle at Mr C's, er, elastic accent from these early years where he doesn't know if he's a cockney or not :mrgreen: (Countdown TV stuff)
Classy artwork - and a great surprise bonus track too!
Many thanking-you's. And I hope you managed to get some kip sometime!
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
22 May 2018, 5:02am
Marky Dread wrote:
So JohnS I checked through all my boots/DVD's etc. I did indeed have those soundchecks from the "Unloved Songs" in Flac and decided to compile all the great odds & sods from '76-'79. Big job but I'm well chuffed with the results.
Okay next up is this beauty and essential for any Costello fan. Another absolute labour of love from me
Well, what can I say - what a great start to the day. Plenty of 'strangers' here, for me, too: I haven't heard that 'organ mix' of Less Than Zero before (although discogs says it was used on the Bunch of Stiffs LP which I had once) and the El Mocambo encores are new to me also. Marvellous.
And I always chuckle at Mr C's, er, elastic accent from these early years where he doesn't know if he's a cockney or not :mrgreen: (Countdown TV stuff)
Cheers John. I'll sleep when I'm ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edit: I've had that R.Whites tune stuck in my head for a couple of days now. It's funny that I used to sing it when I was a kid every time the advert came on. Years later finding out that it was Elvis and his dad still makes me smile. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 May 2018, 10:41am
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Cheers John. I'll sleep when I'm ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edit: I've had that R.Whites tune stuck in my head for a couple of days now. It's funny that I used to sing it when I was a kid every time the advert came on. Years later finding out that it was Elvis and his dad still makes me smile. :mrgreen:
Thanks very much as always Marky. I knew that the R Whites lemonade advert was his dad, hadn't realised he was involved too.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
22 May 2018, 11:07am
Marky Dread wrote:
22 May 2018, 10:41am
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Thanks very much as always Marky. I knew that the R Whites lemonade advert was his dad, hadn't realised he was involved too.
Yep same here. I never knew he was doing the BV's.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

The NME Pogo A Go Go cassette is a great blast from the past. I got that at the time of issue, I'm pretty sure that it was the first time i heard any of the Clash demos. A great compilation, my favourite of all their issues over the years.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
22 May 2018, 5:34pm
The NME Pogo A Go Go cassette is a great blast from the past. I got that at the time of issue, I'm pretty sure that it was the first time i heard any of the Clash demos. A great compilation, my favourite of all their issues over the years.
Yep it's excellent! Still got mine. It has been released on CD but sadly with less tracks. The Clash are not on the CD. Think I will remaster the tape and upload it.
Attachments
NME Pogo A Go-Go!.jpg
NME Pogo A Go-Go!.jpg (171.72 KiB) Viewed 6845 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 May 2018, 6:19pm
laxman wrote:
22 May 2018, 5:34pm
Yep it's excellent! Still got mine. It has been released on CD but sadly with less tracks. The Clash are not on the CD. Think I will remaster the tape and upload it.
Still got mine too, but not the CD version. Will have to hunt it out and have a listen.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

This looks very interesting. Many thanks.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
23 May 2018, 12:07pm
Report back when you've had a listen.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

A lot of those NME freebie cassettes were pretty interesting, at least the early ones. Like the Pogo A Gogo one, they often had a lot of exclusive tracks - e.g. the Dancin Master one had a live track from The Jam which never got issued anywhere else.
And they used to print inserts in the paper itself to go with the cassettes - I'd forgotten about these but some of them are uploaded with the image scans at discogs

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Dancin- ... ase/952541

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Mighty- ... ase/952567
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
23 May 2018, 1:18pm
A lot of those NME freebie cassettes were pretty interesting, at least the early ones. Like the Pogo A Gogo one, they often had a lot of exclusive tracks - e.g. the Dancin Master one had a live track from The Jam which never got issued anywhere else.
And they used to print inserts in the paper itself to go with the cassettes - I'd forgotten about these but some of them are uploaded with the image scans at discogs

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Dancin- ... ase/952541

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Mighty- ... ase/952567
I've got the "Mixed Peel", "Mighty Reel", and "Department of Enjoyment" ones and the aforementioned "Pogo A Go-Go".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Phenomenal, thanks for the fresh E.C. Marky! That's a guy who - while I'm familiar with most his studio output - I haven't explored boots/other stuff in the same way I have, say, The Clash so this is some deep diving that I'm long overdue for.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:
23 May 2018, 10:26pm
Phenomenal, thanks for the fresh E.C. Marky! That's a guy who - while I'm familiar with most his studio output - I haven't explored boots/other stuff in the same way I have, say, The Clash so this is some deep diving that I'm long overdue for.
The guy is so prolific and has come up with some awesome stuff over the years. Just when you think he's hittin a low he comes out with something that blows your socks off.

Edit: I hope Wolt has downloaded this as I know he loves EC.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 May 2018, 12:16pm
dave202 wrote:
23 May 2018, 12:07pm
Report back when you've had a listen.
I played it through last night and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Thanks again.