Spotify?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76435
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Spotify?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 Nov 2017, 9:21pm

WestwayKid wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 9:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 7:04pm
Flex wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 6:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 6:43pm
I'm way too much of a control freak to let some Flex (or even the real Flex) tell me what to listen to, dag nabbit.
*quietly saves "third eye blind mega mix" for later*
"Later":
Image
When does the Nickleback mix come on? RIght before the asteroid crashes into the Earth? ;)
Right before I leap from a high building.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1227
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Spotify?

Post by WestwayKid » 28 Nov 2017, 9:40pm

Kory wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 9:17pm
WestwayKid wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 9:04pm
Kory wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 8:52pm
WestwayKid wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 8:51pm
I’ve found that it helps to get a little more specialized in your search. Pulling up The Clash will get a lot of bizarre stuff thrown into the mix, but pull up Stiff Little Fingers and you get a far better mix (including a healthy dose of The Clap).
Yikes.
Ugh! Trying to type on my dinky iPad keyboard. I’ll leave that “error” in their because it is too funny to correct. :mrgreen:
Oh you got it right, I was just having a bit of editing fun. It's a pastime around here.
Ha, ha! Beautiful!!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25998
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Spotify?

Post by Flex » 28 Nov 2017, 9:44pm

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not start besmirching the good name of Third Eye Blind with baseless Nickelback comparisons.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37847
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Spotify?

Post by Marky Dread » 28 Nov 2017, 10:09pm

WestwayKid wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 9:13pm
101Walterton wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 8:54pm
I think Spotify is influenced in its selections for you by what you have previously downloaded or listened to.
For some reason it thinks I love Undertones and Housemartins as no matter what I listen to when it finishes it will play them. I like them but I am not that obsessive!!
I did replace Spotify with Pandora and it is better. There is apparently the ability to give a song a thumb’s up - so I wonder if that influences the playlist?

...on a side note...because I had the Stiff Little FIngers channel on...I got to jump in the air and play some MASSIVE air guitar when a live version of Alternative Ulster came on. I was in the middle of doing dishes and my kids thought I was both funny and insane...but come on...when that monster riff kicks in after the intro...how can you not jump in the air and pretend you’re Jake Burns!?
When you are already Jake Burns. ;)
"It's time to take the humanity back into the center of the ring and follow that for a time."
Image

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8779
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Spotify?

Post by Kory » 29 Nov 2017, 1:11pm

Flex wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 9:44pm
Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not start besmirching the good name of Third Eye Blind with baseless Nickelback comparisons.
How about Eve 6?
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20521
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Spotify?

Post by matedog » 29 Nov 2017, 1:14pm

Kory wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:11pm
Flex wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 9:44pm
Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not start besmirching the good name of Third Eye Blind with baseless Nickelback comparisons.
How about Eve 6?
Verdict: Tasty
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20521
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Spotify?

Post by matedog » 29 Nov 2017, 1:16pm

I love Spotify for reasons similar to Kory above. I find a lot of music through it via the Discover Weekly, Pitchfork's Best New Tracks, and the Release Radar. My only issue is Release Radar can be a little goofy because it takes whatever you've ever listened to and if that artists releases something new, they suggest it. I'll be honest, I don't want to hear any new Bones Thugs n Harmony or Warrant songs.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76435
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Spotify?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 29 Nov 2017, 1:28pm

matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:16pm
I'll be honest, I don't want to hear any new Bones Thugs n Harmony or Warrant songs.
And yet this really smells like a lie.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20521
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Spotify?

Post by matedog » 29 Nov 2017, 1:29pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:28pm
matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:16pm
I'll be honest, I don't want to hear any new Bones Thugs n Harmony or Warrant songs.
And yet this really smells like a lie.
If it's Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich outtakes, count me in. If it's post Jani Lane, count me out.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76435
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Spotify?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 29 Nov 2017, 1:32pm

matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:28pm
matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:16pm
I'll be honest, I don't want to hear any new Bones Thugs n Harmony or Warrant songs.
And yet this really smells like a lie.
If it's Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich outtakes, count me in. If it's post Jani Lane, count me out.
And slowly the qualifications emerges …
Endut! Hoch Hech!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20521
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Spotify?

Post by matedog » 29 Nov 2017, 1:34pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:32pm
matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:28pm
matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:16pm
I'll be honest, I don't want to hear any new Bones Thugs n Harmony or Warrant songs.
And yet this really smells like a lie.
If it's Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich outtakes, count me in. If it's post Jani Lane, count me out.
And slowly the qualifications emerges …
As I've always said, no Jani, no Warrant.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76435
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Spotify?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 29 Nov 2017, 1:38pm

matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:32pm
matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:28pm
matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:16pm
I'll be honest, I don't want to hear any new Bones Thugs n Harmony or Warrant songs.
And yet this really smells like a lie.
If it's Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich outtakes, count me in. If it's post Jani Lane, count me out.
And slowly the qualifications emerges …
As I've always said, no Jani, no Warrant.
Is that your version of Heston and make-up-only KISS?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1227
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Spotify?

Post by WestwayKid » 29 Nov 2017, 1:40pm

Poor Jani Lane. I can think of a lot of bad places to go - but a Comfort Inn has to definitely be low on the list. Reminds of the Jason Isbell song where he sings about not wanting to die in a Super 8 Motel!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20521
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Spotify?

Post by matedog » 29 Nov 2017, 1:42pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:38pm
matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:32pm
matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:28pm


And yet this really smells like a lie.
If it's Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich outtakes, count me in. If it's post Jani Lane, count me out.
And slowly the qualifications emerges …
As I've always said, no Jani, no Warrant.
Is that your version of Heston and make-up-only KISS?
Yeah, except makeup less KISS had some hits and Jani-less Warrant was never remotely relevant.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16696
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Spotify?

Post by JennyB » 29 Nov 2017, 3:22pm

matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:38pm
matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:32pm
matedog wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 1:29pm

If it's Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich outtakes, count me in. If it's post Jani Lane, count me out.
And slowly the qualifications emerges …
As I've always said, no Jani, no Warrant.
Is that your version of Heston and make-up-only KISS?
Yeah, except makeup less KISS had some hits and Jani-less Warrant was never remotely relevant.
Let's be honest here - was even Jani-full Warrant ever relevant?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests