The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

General music discussion.
WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1470
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 05 Dec 2017, 8:23am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 7:48am
oliver wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 2:36pm
Image
Making poor Boz wear one of those light blue jumpsuits or whatever they are is just cruel. Hasn't the guy given enough to Moz over the years to avoid that indignity! ;) :mrgreen:
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77345
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 05 Dec 2017, 8:59am

WestwayKid wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 8:23am
Making poor Boz wear one of those light blue jumpsuits or whatever they are is just cruel. Hasn't the guy given enough to Moz over the years to avoid that indignity! ;) :mrgreen:
Image
Endut! Hoch Hech!

oliver
Junco Partner
Posts: 321
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by oliver » 05 Dec 2017, 10:14am

WestwayKid wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 8:23am
Making poor Boz wear one of those light blue jumpsuits or whatever they are is just cruel. Hasn't the guy given enough to Moz over the years to avoid that indignity! ;) :mrgreen:
Have you seen the inner sleeve for "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1470
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 05 Dec 2017, 12:54pm

oliver wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 10:14am
WestwayKid wrote:
05 Dec 2017, 8:23am
Making poor Boz wear one of those light blue jumpsuits or whatever they are is just cruel. Hasn't the guy given enough to Moz over the years to avoid that indignity! ;) :mrgreen:
Have you seen the inner sleeve for "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"?
I'm trying to forget it! :mrgreen:
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77345
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Jan 2018, 6:58pm

http://www.nme.com/news/music/smiths-me ... nt-2223008

If Marr were also involved, now that would be super-duper appealing.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1470
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 21 Jan 2018, 10:33am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jan 2018, 6:58pm
http://www.nme.com/news/music/smiths-me ... nt-2223008

If Marr were also involved, now that would be super-duper appealing.
Yup. I think we can all agree Morrissey would be nowhere near this - too much bad blood and he is seemingly incapable of every burying the hatchet, but maybe an outside chance Marr gets involved. I just hope it doesn’t turn into one of those nostalgia things where a handful of members try and carry on the legacy, but without the input of the whole group. If their intention is to make new music together - I’m all for it and I’d look forward to it.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38263
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 21 Jan 2018, 3:13pm

The Smiths are dead, boys. And it's so lonely on a limb.
Image

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1470
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 21 Jan 2018, 3:29pm

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:13pm
The Smiths are dead, boys. And it's so lonely on a limb.
Good one.

I really hope it isn’t some sort of deal where they go out and play “The Music of The Smiths” or something like that. Would be majorly depressing. If they want to make new music - I’d be interested in checking it out - but please, please, please let me not live in a world where Rourke, Joyce, and Gannon take a nostalgia act out on the road.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38263
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 21 Jan 2018, 3:40pm

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:29pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:13pm
The Smiths are dead, boys. And it's so lonely on a limb.
Good one.

I really hope it isn’t some sort of deal where they go out and play “The Music of The Smiths” or something like that. Would be majorly depressing. If they want to make new music - I’d be interested in checking it out - but please, please, please let me not live in a world where Rourke, Joyce, and Gannon take a nostalgia act out on the road.
Yeah I agree mate. Love it or loathe it Morrissey's voice is utterly unique.
Image

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1470
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by WestwayKid » 21 Jan 2018, 3:47pm

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:40pm
WestwayKid wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:29pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:13pm
The Smiths are dead, boys. And it's so lonely on a limb.
Good one.

I really hope it isn’t some sort of deal where they go out and play “The Music of The Smiths” or something like that. Would be majorly depressing. If they want to make new music - I’d be interested in checking it out - but please, please, please let me not live in a world where Rourke, Joyce, and Gannon take a nostalgia act out on the road.
Yeah I agree mate. Love it or loathe it Morrissey's voice is utterly unique.
They were the sum of their parts (in my opinion). A singular moment in history that could never be replicated. Unique singer, masterful guitarist, great bass player, underrated drummer. I’m a huge fan, but I honestly would would never want to see them reform. I could be okay with maybe Morrissey and Marr doing something together - kind of in the Page/Plant mood...but please - let dead dogs lie. They were great in their time and any reunion would only sully their legacy.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1738
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by laxman » 22 Jan 2018, 4:06am

Just seen that they are doing some concerts with the Manchester Camerata Orchestra.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-14180582

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8942
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Kory » 22 Jan 2018, 2:13pm

laxman wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 4:06am
Just seen that they are doing some concerts with the Manchester Camerata Orchestra.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-14180582
I guess the lawsuit dough has run out. Mike Joyce is buying too many Faberge eggs.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77345
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Jan 2018, 2:35pm

Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 2:13pm
laxman wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 4:06am
Just seen that they are doing some concerts with the Manchester Camerata Orchestra.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-14180582
I guess the lawsuit dough has run out. Mike Joyce is buying too many Faberge eggs.
Very nice reference. :cool:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 8942
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Kory » 22 Jan 2018, 2:43pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 2:35pm
Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 2:13pm
laxman wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 4:06am
Just seen that they are doing some concerts with the Manchester Camerata Orchestra.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-14180582
I guess the lawsuit dough has run out. Mike Joyce is buying too many Faberge eggs.
Very nice reference. :cool:
He'll tell you when he's had enough!
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77345
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Jan 2018, 2:55pm

Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 2:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 2:35pm
Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 2:13pm
laxman wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 4:06am
Just seen that they are doing some concerts with the Manchester Camerata Orchestra.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-14180582
I guess the lawsuit dough has run out. Mike Joyce is buying too many Faberge eggs.
Very nice reference. :cool:
He'll tell you when he's had enough!
Not no more, he won't. :cry:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests