Re: The All Smiths/Morrissey Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 1:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 7:38am
Kory wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 12:21am
Given how many lyrics on the new album are about laps and what's between legs, it wouldn't be a shocker.
Does he still yammer on about being celibate and never finding love?
Nah, he gave that up years ago. His autobiography was a pretty fun (and insane) read. He talks quite a bit about his love life. He mentioned that while dating a journalist a few years back (can't remember her name) that they briefly thought about having a child. THAT would have been oddly humorous/bizarre.
Ah, well, good for that—it always seemed a silly and dubious affectation. I've never gotten around to reading his memoir nor his apparently extremely awful novel (at least for an infamous sex scene).
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 1:42pm
He also makes some ugly comments about multiculturalism, declaring Berlin to be the rape capital "because of open borders." Not all that unlike Trump's insinuations of Mexican rapists streaming across the Rio Grande.
I want THAT Germany is German. I want France to be French. If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture at the end of your meal. ALL European countries have fought for their identity for many, many years. And now they just throw it away. I think that's sad.
We all know when the last time that kind of talk about the corruption of purity was in vogue …
Yes I'll be with you shortly. I'm just ordering a pizza from Kory's.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 1:45pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Given how many lyrics on the new album are about laps and what's between legs, it wouldn't be a shocker.
Nah, he gave that up years ago. His autobiography was a pretty fun (and insane) read. He talks quite a bit about his love life. He mentioned that while dating a journalist a few years back (can't remember her name) that they briefly thought about having a child. THAT would have been oddly humorous/bizarre.
Ah, well, good for that—it always seemed a silly and dubious affectation. I've never gotten around to reading his memoir nor his apparently extremely awful novel (at least for an infamous sex scene).
Based on a few interviews, I always got the sense that it was easier for him to be celibate because of his ED rather than trying and failing and dealing with the disappointment all the time. Not so much an affectation as a self preservation choice that he didn't mind discussing in public.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 5:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Based on a few interviews, I always got the sense that it was easier for him to be celibate because of his ED rather than trying and failing and dealing with the disappointment all the time. Not so much an affectation as a self preservation choice that he didn't mind discussing in public.
ED?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 5:10pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

ED?
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/erection- ... sfunction/

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 6:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

ED?
Oh, duh. I had no idea he suffered from that.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 6:16pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

ED?
Sure you do. He's been making limp dick rock music for some time now. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 12:46pm
Because you feel something is lost in translation or taken out of context? I will surprised if it is. He just loves to be controversial and it's not a good thing. This is only one of many interview in recent times where he comes across as a shit head.

I still like his music occasionally but I don't particularly like anything he has to say.
The way the interview ended so abruptly seemed a little weird to me, like a large part was missing.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

oliver wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 8:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 12:46pm
Because you feel something is lost in translation or taken out of context? I will surprised if it is. He just loves to be controversial and it's not a good thing. This is only one of many interview in recent times where he comes across as a shit head.

I still like his music occasionally but I don't particularly like anything he has to say.
The way the interview ended so abruptly seemed a little weird to me, like a large part was missing.
I've not read or heard the full transcript but then nor do I really want to. If anything has been taken out of context then Moz being a dick has only got what he deserved. He has said so many stupid bloody things in recent times it beggars belief.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

ED?
He's never said it bluntly, but it's pretty obvious what he's talking about in some of those early interviews.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 8:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

ED?
He's never said it bluntly, but it's pretty obvious what he's talking about in some of those early interviews.
There Is a Lump That Never Goes Up.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

ED?
Admittedly I never read a ton of Smiths era interviews, but that never crossed my mind. Also, a former friend and I coined a better term for ED: BWS (Broken Wiener Syndrome). More panache, I think.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 9:08pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

ED?
Admittedly I never read a ton of Smiths era interviews, but that never crossed my mind. Also, a former friend and I coined a better term for ED: BWS (Broken Wiener Syndrome). More panache, I think.
I think that's something else. Erections can "pop" like knuckles when wrenched just so, which causes some damage. I would call that BWS.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 9:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I think that's something else. Erections can "pop" like knuckles when wrenched just so, which causes some damage. I would call that BWS.
All I want is my award and cash prize!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 9:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The malady lingers....ooh nasty.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia