Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Sublime Moments.

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 4:14pm
Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 2:35pm
That bit in the American National Anthem where Brad Delp's voice gradually morphs into a lead guitar line.

Roughly 3.30 to 3.42...

I’ve come around on this, and now agree with both you and JennyB that this song should be our national anthem for real.
My guitar teacher taught me how to play barre chords with this song and China Grove.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 6:23pm
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
That bit in the American National Anthem where Brad Delp's voice gradually morphs into a lead guitar line.

Roughly 3.30 to 3.42...

I’ve come around on this, and now agree with both you and JennyB that this song should be our national anthem for real.
My guitar teacher taught me how to play barre chords with this song and China Grove.
I hope you never paid him/her.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 6:33pm
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:

Roughly 3.30 to 3.42...

He also taught me to play bass along with Rush.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 6:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:

Roughly 3.30 to 3.42...

I hope you took him outside and shot him. Claiming diminished responsibilty and grace under pressure. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I will never understand how anyone can dislike More Than a Feeling. Not often I play air guitar but I was today when it came on in the van. Every inch of that track is perfect.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Please show the court on the bass where he taught you to play Rush. Don't worry, he can't hurt you now.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:

Roughly 3.30 to 3.42...

Wait a minute we are talking Rush the band and not Rush the song?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
09 Nov 2017, 7:51pm
I will never understand how anyone can dislike More Than a Feeling. Not often I play air guitar but I was today when it came on in the van. Every inch of that track is perfect.
I think it's OK to be honest. I wouldn't turn the radio off it it came on but then I wouldn't take my ear muffs off either.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I quite like Cobain, but I prefer More Than a Feeling to Smells Like Teen Spirit.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Silent Majority wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 4:30am
I quite like Cobain, but I prefer More Than a Feeling to Smells Like Teen Spirit.
I always thought he was taking the piss as they say. Teen Spirit always seemed like a Debaser knock off to me.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 8:07am
Silent Majority wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 4:30am
I always thought he was taking the piss as they say. Teen Spirit always seemed like a Debaser knock off to me.
Cobain said that SLTS was his attempt to write a Pixies song—that loud quiet loud thing—so yeah.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
I think the main reason I dislike it so much is because I associate it with my worst ex boyfriend. I never loved it, but until him, I never hated it with a passion. I literally get nauseated when I hear it - it's some kind of learned response or PTSD.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 10:58am
Heston wrote:
I think the main reason I dislike it so much is because I associate it with my worst ex boyfriend. I never loved it, but until him, I never hated it with a passion. I literally get nauseated when I hear it - it's some kind of learned response or PTSD.
The Paranormal Activity guy? God, I hope there wasn't one worse than him.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 11:28am
JennyB wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 10:58am
Heston wrote:
The Paranormal Activity guy? God, I hope there wasn't one worse than him.
Yep, him. No worries, all of the rest were good guys that things just didn't work out with. :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:

Roughly 3.30 to 3.42...

Hello,

In my dictionary, pretentious is defined as the lead singer's voice. I saw them in Clemson, SC and they were so programmed, they came out for ran encore as people were exiting. Totally rehearsed to the point of being staged, no human element - sorry, have I gone on too long?

No fun, my babe, no fun...