Re: Sublime Moments.

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 6:13pm
Heston wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 6:10pm
revbob wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
Streaming a load of pandora stations on shuffle. Much to my dismay Men at Work comes up :angry: and I quickly put an end to that, it was followed by Nick Cave doing "Up Jumped the Devil", and suddenly everything was right again. ;)
I thought Men At Work had a couple of reasonably decent singles. I cannot listen to Nick Cave's voice, it just leaves me cold.
"Who Can It Be Now" is great.
This is me we're talking about. I have an almost primal, visceral response to some songs/artists. It isn't a conscious decision.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

revbob wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 6:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Streaming a load of pandora stations on shuffle. Much to my dismay Men at Work comes up :angry: and I quickly put an end to that, it was followed by Nick Cave doing "Up Jumped the Devil", and suddenly everything was right again. ;)
I thought Men At Work had a couple of reasonably decent singles. I cannot listen to Nick Cave's voice, it just leaves me cold.
This is me we're talking about. I have an almost primal, visceral response to some songs/artists. It isn't a conscious decision.
You ain't as hard-core musically as some here have you pigeonholed. As Heston says they have a couple of decent songs. I'm not saying they are for you or anything but sometimes these bands do produce the odd track that's not terrible.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
Agreed mate. I rather liked Overkill as well. Down Under is a bit overplayed but it's a fantastic pop song with a brilliant groove.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Men At Work are perfectly cromulent. I wouldn’t seek them out, but I won’t change the station if they’re on.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
I have similar feelings toward a lot of artists too, but Men At Work? Totally harmless, a decent pop band.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 7:03pm
revbob wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
revbob wrote:
I have similar feelings toward a lot of artists too, but Men At Work? Totally harmless, a decent pop band.
I'd say more inoffensive than decent. I had their two big selling albums back in the day, but I can't imagine desiring to hear either of them again. But if I heard one of their songs on some 80s compilation, yeah, it'd be okay.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

I like that episode of Scrubs with Colin Hay in it, just around the cut off point before that show jumped the shark. The acoustic version of Overkill is rather good.

Heston

Post by Heston »

4:01 when Bob's vocal phrasing locks in with the hi-hat. Spine tingling moment in a performance full of them. I've never fancied a man but Bob is oozing some serious charisma here.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I love hestons ascent to full blown bob love.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 11:02pm
Wait til he starts declaring KISS to be his natural heirs.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 6:23am
Flex wrote:
Mr. Tambergene Man.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I had one the other day but I forgot. Also I thought this was a thread about Flex's favorite band.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 7:22am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 6:23am
Flex wrote:
Mr. Tambergene Man.
Does anyone really think Bob had it in him to write something like "Uh All Night"? He's simply incapable of it.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex and I are doing a podcast sub-series on Dylan's albums up to the seventies. Really proud of the results so far.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 8:15am
Flex and I are doing a podcast sub-series on Dylan's albums up to the seventies. Really proud of the results so far.
😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia