In honor of Halloween...

General music discussion.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

In honor of Halloween...

Post by WestwayKid »

...your fave "Goth" band and/or track! :)

I am a HUGE fan of the Mission. So pumped when Hussey brought back Adams and Hinkler...but somewhat bummed when their first reunion LP sounded more like Led Zep than classic Mish. Thankfully, they fixed that with Another Fall From Grace last year = classic Mish sound.

I've never been a Goth - but I liked the classic Goth music of the 80's: huge guitars, fantastical lyrics...just started to hate it once the dorky/creepy Marilyn Manson type idiots took it over. Not every Goth song has to be about death or whatever. :rolleyes:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: In honor of Halloween...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm not being original here, but it's hard to top "Bela Lugosi's Dead."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

You should see my neighbours house it is brilliant he has been working on it for weeks!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 11:06pm
...your fave "Goth" band and/or track! :)

I am a HUGE fan of the Mission. So pumped when Hussey brought back Adams and Hinkler...but somewhat bummed when their first reunion LP sounded more like Led Zep than classic Mish. Thankfully, they fixed that with Another Fall From Grace last year = classic Mish sound.

I've never been a Goth - but I liked the classic Goth music of the 80's: huge guitars, fantastical lyrics...just started to hate it once the dorky/creepy Marilyn Manson type idiots took it over. Not every Goth song has to be about death or whatever. :rolleyes:
My fave goth band is probably the Banshees. But I like bits and pieces from most of the gothic groups.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia