In honor of Halloween...

General music discussion.
WestwayKid
Bang Ice Geezer

In honor of Halloween...

Post by WestwayKid » 27 Oct 2017, 11:06pm

...your fave "Goth" band and/or track! :)

I am a HUGE fan of the Mission. So pumped when Hussey brought back Adams and Hinkler...but somewhat bummed when their first reunion LP sounded more like Led Zep than classic Mish. Thankfully, they fixed that with Another Fall From Grace last year = classic Mish sound.

I've never been a Goth - but I liked the classic Goth music of the 80's: huge guitars, fantastical lyrics...just started to hate it once the dorky/creepy Marilyn Manson type idiots took it over. Not every Goth song has to be about death or whatever. :rolleyes:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: In honor of Halloween...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 Oct 2017, 6:48am

I'm not being original here, but it's hard to top "Bela Lugosi's Dead."
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton » 28 Oct 2017, 8:22pm

You should see my neighbours house it is brilliant he has been working on it for weeks!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 28 Oct 2017, 9:08pm

WestwayKid wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 11:06pm
...your fave "Goth" band and/or track! :)

I am a HUGE fan of the Mission. So pumped when Hussey brought back Adams and Hinkler...but somewhat bummed when their first reunion LP sounded more like Led Zep than classic Mish. Thankfully, they fixed that with Another Fall From Grace last year = classic Mish sound.

I've never been a Goth - but I liked the classic Goth music of the 80's: huge guitars, fantastical lyrics...just started to hate it once the dorky/creepy Marilyn Manson type idiots took it over. Not every Goth song has to be about death or whatever. :rolleyes:
My fave goth band is probably the Banshees. But I like bits and pieces from most of the gothic groups.