"Punk" elitism...

General music discussion.
Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7338
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: "Punk" elitism...

Post by Kory » 27 Oct 2017, 12:58pm

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 12:50pm
Kory wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 12:44pm
The furthest down the road of elitism I ever got was in 9th grade when a rival of mine got the exact same Misfits shirt as me, knowing that I had it already. I was livid and called him a poser for years. Then I did a hip-hop album with him seven years later.
You sound a right pair of Misfits to me.

I could never be elitist. I'm far too special for that.
We know, we know... :twitch:
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 471
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: "Punk" elitism...

Post by coffeepotman » 27 Oct 2017, 1:39pm

Real punks still have their Bad Brains R.O.I.R tape

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35307
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: "Punk" elitism...

Post by Marky Dread » 27 Oct 2017, 2:07pm

coffeepotman wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 1:39pm
Real punks still have their Buzzcocks R.O.I.R tape
Image
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: "Punk" elitism...

Post by 101Walterton » 27 Oct 2017, 4:04pm

I remember it got to the point where you had to have the correct uniform of expensive black leather biker jacket and tartan trousers from the Covered Market in Oxford. Those that couldn’t afford it or steal it made their own bondage trousers but were laughed at. How unpunk is that.

coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 471
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: "Punk" elitism...

Post by coffeepotman » 27 Oct 2017, 4:57pm

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 2:07pm
coffeepotman wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 1:39pm
Real punks still have their Buzzcocks R.O.I.R tape
:approve: :approve: :approve:

Marky, I love you, you big dummy!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35307
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: "Punk" elitism...

Post by Marky Dread » 27 Oct 2017, 5:45pm

coffeepotman wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 4:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 2:07pm
coffeepotman wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 1:39pm
Real punks still have their Buzzcocks R.O.I.R tape
:approve: :approve: :approve:

Marky, I love you, you big dummy!
:mrgreen:
Image
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35307
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: "Punk" elitism...

Post by Marky Dread » 27 Oct 2017, 5:47pm

101Walterton wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 4:04pm
I remember it got to the point where you had to have the correct uniform of expensive black leather biker jacket and tartan trousers from the Covered Market in Oxford. Those that couldn’t afford it or steal it made their own bondage trousers but were laughed at. How unpunk is that.
Tartan bondage how fucking stupid do they look. I liked the military style The Clash wore but those bondage trousers with the bum flap and straps ... :meh:
Image
Image

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 7970
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: "Punk" elitism...

Post by Inder » 27 Oct 2017, 9:12pm

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 5:47pm
101Walterton wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 4:04pm
I remember it got to the point where you had to have the correct uniform of expensive black leather biker jacket and tartan trousers from the Covered Market in Oxford. Those that couldn’t afford it or steal it made their own bondage trousers but were laughed at. How unpunk is that.
Tartan bondage how fucking stupid do they look. I liked the military style The Clash wore but those bondage trousers with the bum flap and straps ... :meh:
This week the scene is rubber, and you must have membership...

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4192
Joined: 19 Feb 2009, 1:10pm

Re: "Punk" elitism...

Post by muppet hi fi » 27 Oct 2017, 9:22pm

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 12:50pm
Kory wrote:
27 Oct 2017, 12:44pm
The furthest down the road of elitism I ever got was in 9th grade when a rival of mine got the exact same Misfits shirt as me, knowing that I had it already. I was livid and called him a poser for years. Then I did a hip-hop album with him seven years later.
You sound a right pair of Misfits to me.

I could never be elitist. I'm far too special for that.
Oh yes. I hate elitism, but as far as musical tastes, we are certainly in the elite. ;)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests