Unknown Immortal

Re: 2018 Rock and Roll HOF Nominations

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 5:37pm
Flex wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 5:28pm
*quietly unfriends or blocks Kory across all social media platforms*
No need to do it quietly. Be loud, be proud, be part of the righteous majority!
By my own rules, I support this.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Kory wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 5:27pm
The internet is jumping all over Rick and Morty fans (for obvious reasons), but, like, if you don't like fans of something, you don't HAVE to talk to them...if you can't enjoy something for your own reasons, you're kinda weak.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevs Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 6:34pm
I guess I have to deal with Bruce's dumb old fans too.
This was served up on a platter.