oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: I have An Addiction

Post by oliver »

WestwayKid wrote:
20 Dec 2019, 6:12pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
27 May 2019, 12:07am
I watched the newer Duran Duran doc on the plane last night and enjoyed every bit of it.
I'm a closet Duranie. Have been since I was a kid. I'll have to check this out.
It's kind of weird but the older I get the more I like them. I couldn't stand them when I was young but now, every so often, I search out an album.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

oliver wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 9:19am
WestwayKid wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I watched the newer Duran Duran doc on the plane last night and enjoyed every bit of it.
It's kind of weird but the older I get the more I like them. I couldn't stand them when I was young but now, every so often, I search out an album.
I recently read "Mad World: An Oral History of New Wave Artists and Songs That Defined the 1980's" and the author makes a strong case that DD were and still are a really good band musically. Sure, some of Simon's lyrics are not great, but the overall package is solid (and long lasting).
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 1:01pm
oliver wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
I recently read "Mad World: An Oral History of New Wave Artists and Songs That Defined the 1980's" and the author makes a strong case that DD were and still are a really good band musically. Sure, some of Simon's lyrics are not great, but the overall package is solid (and long lasting).
That's Lori Majewski and she hosts one of the shows I listen to on Sirius 106. She's great and I love her. And she's right.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
24 Dec 2019, 1:47pm
WestwayKid wrote:
oliver wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
That's Lori Majewski and she hosts one of the shows I listen to on Sirius 106. She's great and I love her. And she's right.
I really loved the book.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

WestwayKid wrote:
oliver wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
You can't argue with John Taylor's playing.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

A bit of a long shot, but did anyone watch 'King Rocker' the new Nightingales doc which was on Sky Arts last night?
And an even longer, and far cheekier, shot, did they record it and are happy to share it?
I know, it'll get repeated sooner or later but I'm dying to see this, been waiting for its release for a year or so and it can't get the usual launch in cinemas of course...
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Hmmm... seems like I got my dates mixed up (like my one-year old ‘news’ about the Strummer/Mescaleoes downloads in the thread about the new compilation LP)
The ‘King Rocker’ is actually on Sky Arts THIS Saturday.
I’m off to buy a calendar. And a new brain.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

JohnS wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 7:59pm
Hmmm... seems like I got my dates mixed up (like my one-year old ‘news’ about the Strummer/Mescaleoes downloads in the thread about the new compilation LP)
The ‘King Rocker’ is actually on Sky Arts THIS Saturday.
I’m off to buy a calendar. And a new brain.
Nice, I'll set the recorder myself for that one.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/