03 Sep 2018, 6:53pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 6:49pm
Heston wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 8:54pm
revbob wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 4:21pm
So whatever happened to our man Muppet?
I feel bad because I think it was the Small Faces thread I started that led to the trouble. He hasn't posted much since then and that's a shame.
Hes, maaaate! What trouble? Jesus, I love the Small Faces (and the Faces & Faces-era solo Rod as well, so shove off :mrgreen: ). Nah, man - just been busy and tired with a new gig. But shit's good for me just now, as I hope it is for all you lot. Peace, love & hairspray, ya'all! :kiss:
All's good then, I just thought it got a bit frayed in that thread. Great to hear about the gig and glad you're ok mate.

Ps. Rod sucks.
Not as much as - never mind... :ohboy:
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: The Challenge Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

muppet hi fi wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 6:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 4:49pm
revbob wrote:
I'll email him and find out.

Done. I'll let you know when I get a reply Rev, cheers.
Just checked in for yonks - didn't get an email; Marky, you sure you've got my correct addy? It's belmont5210.willy@gmail.com (right, so now any of you loonies can spam me :mrgreen: ).

Anyway - been busy with a new gig, Monday through Friday, 0600 to 1430, get up at 0300, kicking me arse (don't ask what the gig is :twitch: ). But life's very good for me just now, even some romantic possibilities looming :approve: I'll get back to posting more soon (for better or worse :shifty: ) So cheers for youse guys concern - you're all lovely cats and rock like hell!
Um I just replied to the email that you used in the past to contact me. Has it changed?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 8:39pm
muppet hi fi wrote:
03 Sep 2018, 6:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 4:49pm
revbob wrote:
I'll email him and find out.

Done. I'll let you know when I get a reply Rev, cheers.
Just checked in for yonks - didn't get an email; Marky, you sure you've got my correct addy? It's belmont5210.willy@gmail.com (right, so now any of you loonies can spam me :mrgreen: ).

Anyway - been busy with a new gig, Monday through Friday, 0600 to 1430, get up at 0300, kicking me arse (don't ask what the gig is :twitch: ). But life's very good for me just now, even some romantic possibilities looming :approve: I'll get back to posting more soon (for better or worse :shifty: ) So cheers for youse guys concern - you're all lovely cats and rock like hell!
Um I just replied to the email that you used in the past to contact me. Has it changed?
Nope, still the same as above. But Gmail just had this stupid new format overhall a few weeks ago for me so maybe that added some of the usual tech fuckery to my account, who knows.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Bump
I've got something in the works

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 6:45pm
Bump
I've got something in the works
Challenge Heston!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was listening to the Trashcan Sinatras on my walk today and thought, "Anyone up for a TCS challenge?"
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

How about we take turns each week to suggest a few tracks from a lesser heard, to some, band or artist? The rest of us analyse and rate.

(Loading Embrace playlist)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BitterTom wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 12:50pm
How about we take turns each week to suggest a few tracks from a lesser heard, to some, band or artist? The rest of us analyse and rate.

I like the sound of most of this...

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:

Only if I can make a Boney M playlist for Rev.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:

What about a 5 track challenge and it can be by different artists? Then no one is investing a lot of time in something they might not like.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 1:18pm
BitterTom wrote:

What about a 5 track challenge and it can be by different artists? Then no one is investing a lot of time in something they might not like.
Yeah sounds great to me, always good to tune into new stuff.

Heston

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 1:21pm
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:

Maybe start a new topic? See who wants to sign up and then the rest of us have a week to digest the tracks and comment once they're posted.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 1:23pm
BitterTom wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 1:21pm
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:

Maybe start a new topic? See who wants to sign up and then the rest of us have a week to digest the tracks and comment once they're posted.
Yeah I'll give it a go. I've a few CDs.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 12:38pm
I was listening to the Trashcan Sinatras on my walk today and thought, "Anyone up for a TCS challenge?"
I have a feeling I've been stabbed by the butcher. :sad:

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 2:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 12:38pm
I have a feeling I've been stabbed by the butcher. :sad:
Stick a TCS track on your playlist. New thread is up, first 5 to you if you like doc?